Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:44:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: @theymos, many community suggestions but silence from your side.[Answerd]  (Read 489 times)
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:06:00 PM

I personally have stopped reporting newbies and juniors, tiring process with a time being non-existent solution, threads getting thrashed/locked are way more worth to put time and effort into.

That's a shame. I wondered why your reports had stopped coming in. I'd hoped that you'd just either found them all or the bots got the idea and realised it wasn't worth it. Sadly, there's probably hundreds that are still going that will now evade detection, but this is yet another reason why there should either be a merit requirement for Juniors and/or their signatures removed completely. I understand why you've stopped as even I have been contemplating not handling reports on copy bots and not banning them as a protest until things have changed. You literally cannot win a war against someone using a bot to farm unlimited accounts because it's just like playing whack a mole with ghosts. As long as they can get paid as Juniors then they will continue to farm accounts this way because it is easy money and costs them nothing to do so. Even if we ban 100 of them there could be thousands more still earning and that needs to change. Campaigns need to be forced to stop accepting them and the only way we can do that is to remove their signatures.

The easy fix would be to take signatures away from newbies and juniors, and to restrict them to a about half of the current boards.

I strongly agree with the merit requirement, but theymos seems to be strongly against limiting new accounts to certain boards so this almost certainly won't happen. I still have hope for the merit though.

Unless there is a minimum merit requirement to get into a campaign, managers enforcing is optional, not mandatory, they can get in a Junior spammer/s; It's a losing battle.

Decentralization perfectly aligns with freedom and as the forum is centralized and as far as I know, theymos has always advocated freedom of speech, maybe that's one of the reasons harsh requirements are avoided, but still as absolute difference can be, decentralized forums wouldn't have this much a mess because there isn't an incentive to post, open ideas/discussions/arguments/implementations.

But Bitcointalk is an incentivizing forum, spamming ain't freedom, it's pure abuse which every non-spammer member has to take in and simply ignore the duplicate threads, copy/pasting, text/spinning/duplicate posts/merit abuse and simply carry on like there never was an elephant in the room.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: