Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:17:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29790 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:45:25 AM

Hi Hashfast_CL,

I am interested in buying your new product, but the "Warning: Trade with extreme caution!" under your username worries me. Please explain why you have that label. Thanks.

Pro tip:

You can click on trust and read why he was given bad ratings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 01:48:32 AM

HF chips are actually four dies.  I don't know about CoinTerra but the comparison is unfair and irrelevant given the context.

HashFast's chip consists of multiple dies on a singe substrate and performs at 750GH/s.

Cointerra's chip consists of multiple dies on a singe substrate and perform at much less than 750GH/s.

KnC's chip consists of multiple dies on a singe substrate and performs at much, much less than 750GH/s.

The comparison of hardware is trivial, however the contrast in performance is striking!   Shocked

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
edgie13

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:17:07 AM

HF chips are actually four dies.  I don't know about CoinTerra but the comparison is unfair and irrelevant given the context.

HashFast's chip consists of multiple dies on a singe substrate and performs at 750GH/s.

Cointerra's chip consists of multiple dies on a singe substrate and perform at much less than 750GH/s.

KnC's chip consists of multiple dies on a singe substrate and performs at much, much less than 750GH/s.

The comparison of hardware is trivial, however the contrast in performance is striking!   Shocked

Good explanation.  Now, how about explaining the bad feedback?

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:40:33 PM

I'll just leave this here: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-78 Cheesy

No idea of the speed, but i have a feeling that it will crush your chip HashFast. What will you say then?

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:02:17 PM

Does anybody else thing HashFast has caught themselves up into a pyramid?

They don't have enough money to pay for more silicone to fulfill the Batch 2+ orders, so now they're selling another vaporware product to pay for the initial production run.

That is really the only reason I can think of that they're so quite about their intentions for their first products. There's not even promised delivery dates anymore, just silence.

We were told, sometime in November 2013 IIRC, that the B2 and MPP wafers had been ordered.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:38:05 PM

Does anybody else thing HashFast has caught themselves up into a pyramid?

They don't have enough money to pay for more silicone to fulfill the Batch 2+ orders, so now they're selling another vaporware product to pay for the initial production run.

That is really the only reason I can think of that they're so quite about their intentions for their first products. There's not even promised delivery dates anymore, just silence.

We were told, sometime in November 2013 IIRC, that the B2 and MPP wafers had been ordered.

My first thought when you said this is... You can order something and not have paid yet....... the order will have been canceled if not paid in  time.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:40:00 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 08:58:50 PM by Micky25

Now let's go back on topic and discuss how awesome it is for HashFast to get 750GH/s from a single ASIC.

I am truely happy that you obviously got back some optimism and seem to see some light on the end of this long and dark tunnel.

But, I hope you understand, that while this may be incredibly awesome for HashLast, especially after they and you went through all these setbacks, lyings, layoffs and disappointments, it just means shit for their existing customers. Which, by the way, involuntarily and forcedly financed R&D and production(?) of this awesome ASIC, which you are seemingly so proud of.

Ship out the long time overdue and long ago paid for Upgrades and MPP.

Or is it really true that HashLast has run out of money and can't deliver/produce anything without more preorder sales of virtual products?

Talk to us! Did Eduardo already set sails for the Bahamas?

edgie13

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:57:56 PM

Hi Hashfast_CL,

I am interested in buying your new product, but the "Warning: Trade with extreme caution!" under your username worries me. Please explain why you have that label. Thanks.

Pro tip:

You can click on trust and read why he was given bad ratings.

Yep, I know all about that, thanks.  I was hoping for an explanation on "why?", but straight from the donkey's horse's mouth..

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 10:57:40 PM

Good explanation.  Now, how about explaining the bad feedback?

The bad feedback is from people who are upset that I am enforcing gmaxwell's Rules of Conduct for this subforum and keeping this thread on-topic.

They want to break the rules by posting repetitive scam accusations and off-topic personal attacks, but letting this thread turn into another unmoderated troll-fest like the first one is not in the interests of HashFast's customers.  They want to discuss Custom Hardware, not listen the same old stories from the 400GH/s thread retold ad nauseam.

Using negative feedback to express dissatisfaction with a self-moderated thread is silly.  If you don't like self-moderated threads, simply don't read or post in them.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:32:51 PM

The new Hashfast box
Guess they already sold out batch 1.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:07:00 AM

WTH is that?

Is it aerodynamic?

Texas Bitcoin Conference? At the house of the lion (CT)?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:27:46 AM

WTH is that?

Is it aerodynamic?

Texas Bitcoin Conference? At the house of the lion (CT)?

Thats Hashfast's newest miner supposedly. And yeah, here at the Texas BTC conference.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:30:46 AM

Join Us in Texas! Live Demo of The World’s first 2 TH/s miner!
By Tim Wong In Development, Evo, Golden Nonce ASIC, News, Photography, Rig Assembly
Many years ago,  in 1999,  our CEO, Eduardo deCastro graduated with his MBA from the University of Texas at Austin….  so Austin seemed like the perfect venue for the first public demonstration of our Sierra Evo, the world’s first 2TH/s Bitcoin miner.
Join us March 5th & 6th at the Texas Bitcoin Conference! We will be mining live on the show floor with a working Sierra Evo running at over 2 TH/s!!!
Oh, by the way, our  Sierra Evo only needs  (3) of our 28nm ASICs to cross the 2 TH/s barrier!
Hook ‘em horns!

Btw, look at the scale of this image:

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:57:11 AM

Pfft amateurs.... should have started the Y axis at 380. Cheesy

Also you can use thinner bars and a 3d effect to give optical illusion of tallness and make the difference seem greater, it's all in "Abusing graphs for n00bs 101"

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
jimmothy

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:04:12 AM

Join Us in Texas! Live Demo of The World’s first 2 TH/s miner!
By Tim Wong In Development, Evo, Golden Nonce ASIC, News, Photography, Rig Assembly
Many years ago,  in 1999,  our CEO, Eduardo deCastro graduated with his MBA from the University of Texas at Austin….  so Austin seemed like the perfect venue for the first public demonstration of our Sierra Evo, the world’s first 2TH/s Bitcoin miner.
Join us March 5th & 6th at the Texas Bitcoin Conference! We will be mining live on the show floor with a working Sierra Evo running at over 2 TH/s!!!
Oh, by the way, our  Sierra Evo only needs  (3) of our 28nm ASICs to cross the 2 TH/s barrier!
Hook ‘em horns!

Btw, look at the scale of this image:

Please tell me that is not a real image.. has to be a joke.
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:05:43 AM

Pfft amateurs.... should have started the Y axis at 380. Cheesy

Also you can use thinner bars and a 3d effect to give optical illusion of tallness and make the difference seem greater, it's all in "Abusing graphs for n00bs 101"

Be carefull, your post will be deleted.
They can´t stand any form of critic or jokes about their products.

This post will also be deleted for sure.  Grin

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 02:15:28 AM

No idea of the speed, but i have a feeling that it will crush your chip HashFast. What will you say then?

Congratulations to KnC for their successful tape-out! 

Let's not compare a non-existent 20nm chip to HashFast's current 28nm chip, which is by far the fastest Bitcoin mining ASIC ever created.

jimmothy

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:35:41 AM

Let's not compare a non-existent 20nm chip to HashFast's current 28nm chip, which is by far the fastest Bitcoin mining ASIC ever created.

Let's not compare a company that actually ships hardware and doesn't breach contract multiple times to hashfast.
dbbit

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:33:42 AM

I feel like you don't get it. There is nothing wrong with HashFast's technology. I have a BabyJet running right now - it works just fine.

The problem is with your utter disregard for your customers. If you actually SHIPPED the stuff you make, live would be glorious. But this is a two way street. You get money - you ship something - we say HashFast is a-ok: then you get more money... see how easy that is?

But let's ignore all previous customers for a second (you've beaten me there).

Just tell us why you think you can ship THIS one on time. Do you actually have wafers in hand? Substrates in hand? PCB's in hand?
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:46:45 AM

HF chips are actually four dies.  I don't know about CoinTerra but the comparison is unfair and irrelevant given the context.

The comparison of hardware is trivial, however the contrast in performance is striking!   Shocked

You really are a joker.

For the record:  My hashfast sierras promised for delivery in December are also non-existant.  Hash rate 0 Gh/s.  Cointerra's machines promised for February, arriving every day, and hashing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: