Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:32:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29786 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 12:13:49 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 12:29:58 PM by gmaxwell

Oh brother, could you possibly be more maudlin and self-pitying?   Roll Eyes
A 105% refund is not "nothing" no matter how much you prefer a 600% windfall.
No court is going to ignore the fact you refused a refund in legal tender.
Have you read a Federal Reserve Note lately?  It does what it says on the label (settle all debts, public and private).
You did not offer me a refund, you offered me a settlement— as was plainly stated. The settlement was for a fraction of what you owe me according to our established agreement and had burdensome additional terms which I have never and will never agree to. (If we're to be pedantic: You also did not offer me federal reserve notes, fwiw.)

No court is going to ignore that you ignored a mountain of letters from me and my months long good faith effort to sort this out in a mutually agreeable manner, no court is going to ignore that you've never offered me a _refund_ just an additional contract "settlement" for a fraction of our agreed on terms. No court is going to ignore that you you're now publicly claiming that you're not going to pay me anything at all.

As I pointed out in prior (I believe now deleted) messages: I would happily take alternative compensation for your default and would even prefer alternative compensation if it was mutually beneficial. What I wouldn't accept is a tiny fraction of a refund plus a "disparagement agreement" while you walk away with a huge windfall and leave dozens of other customers screwed over here— while the "disparagement agreement" left me less able to help them.

But speaking of court— you're saying you're so confident about the outcome, OKAY— where is my release from the forced arbitration so we can actually take it to court without a months long dispute over the proper venue?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:22:53 PM

There was no breach of contract; HashFast either delivered the goods or issued (5% more than) full refunds to all Batch 1 customers.

You did not replace the broken BBJet I got. It's still underperforming even after a few firmware updates. The initial emails I got said "if this firmware does not fix it, I'll have a replacement board shipped to you on Monday". Lies. Breach of contract.

You did not ship out any of the MPP on the BBJets of Batch #1 you shipped. The MPP calculation started 1st of November, so you could have shipped it out the 1st of Feb. You did not. So yet another breach of contract

Do I need to bring up the still-to-ship upgrade kits? Batch #2 Sierras? The MPP on those Sierras?

How many breaches of contract are you looking at at this point? 5?

Plus the pertinent lies your marketing crew spewed up luring in punters, like "we'll do full BTC refunds"
BTCInvestorPro

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 12:54:12 PM

what I should be doing is perusing criminal charges. Your theft is not just a civil matter at this point

Oh brother, could you possibly be more maudlin and self-pitying?   Roll Eyes

Have you read a Federal Reserve Note lately?  It does what it says on the label (settle all debts, public and private).

Wow, I've been following Hashfast hoping to buy from them after they worked the kinks out of their first batches but after reading the stories in the various threads on here I gotta say I wouldn't go near them.

You contradict yourself and change your story so much it is hard to take you seriously.  It's also pretty incredible that you are here disparaging your customers for asking you to hold up your end of the bargain.

A check isn't legal tender, cash and coin is. You were also apparently forcing people to agree to additional terms and conditions if they accepted that check.  That isn't a refund that is hush money and it appears that no one is buying your crap so now you are on here calling them names!

Hashfast seems to be the one wanting to hold onto ill gotten windfall profits.  You guys look to have been totally incompetent in your execution and when you realized you were sitting on $100 Million+ is USD gains because of Bitcoins price increase you decided to hire a lawyer to try and keep it even though you failed in every respect to provide the products your customers paid you for in a timely fashion even by your own changing definition of on time.  In the mean time you put on a good show of trying your hardest to fix your issues while you fend off the lawsuits from the customers you defrauded and end up with a nice pile of cash/Bitcoin if it all works out in your favor in a few years when all the lawsuits are resolved.  Incredible.

Anyone want to make a BTC bet that someone from Hashfast ends up in prison for fraud before this is all over because I gotta say it's looking more and more like a straight up con.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:41:20 PM

Are you familiar with the concept of 'reducio ad absurdum?"
You probably are very familiar with it, because it seems to be the main principle of HashLast when it comes to customer value.

The way you avoid answers about production numbers and delivery dates makes me think, again, that HashLast has initiated the shutdown sequence and is closing.

And you are only buying time with your pathetic tries to bend reality and business rules, to make them fit to your own delusional paradigms.
bkminer

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:40:42 PM

We built the machines we were paid for;

If you actually did then you're using our property to mine for yourselves.  I agree with Micky25, stalling for time, why else would HashFast hire a corporate collections professional to head their customer service department?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:42:47 PM

Have you read a Federal Reserve Note lately?  It does what it says on the label (settle all debts, public and private).

Wait, you sent gmaxwell Federal Reserve Notes??? If you didn't send Federal Reserve Notes, then it makes absolutely no difference what is written on them, because you didn't send him any.

Buy & Hold
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:17:02 PM

Let's just agree to disagree when it comes to refunds and contractual obligations. I have a feeling this will have to be fought out in court or arbitration. Not here as it has already been discussed ad nauseam. (I do think potential new customers should be warned of the risks though)

Instead, HashFast_CL (As the community liaison and official spokesperson for HashFast on this forum) can you please help to make this thread more constructive by providing useful information including:

* Expected MPP shipments & quantities for Batch 1 customers.
* Upgrades shipment schedule
* Current production/logistical issues (if any)
* Upcoming firmware updates and cgminer improvements.
* Actual 'out-of-box' product specifications
* etc.

Can we just try to make the best out of a bad situation? Together? Show your customers you are willing to work with us, not against us.

dentro

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:05:12 AM

Let's just agree to disagree when it comes to refunds and contractual obligations. I have a feeling this will have to be fought out in court or arbitration. Not here as it has already been discussed ad nauseam. (I do think potential new customers should be warned of the risks though)

Instead, HashFast_CL (As the community liaison and official spokesperson for HashFast on this forum) can you please help to make this thread more constructive by providing useful information including:

* Expected MPP shipments & quantities for Batch 1 customers.
* Upgrades shipment schedule
* Current production/logistical issues (if any)
* Upcoming firmware updates and cgminer improvements.
* Actual 'out-of-box' product specifications
* etc.

Can we just try to make the best out of a bad situation? Together? Show your customers you are willing to work with us, not against us.

that would be great, because support still ignoring my emails...
HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:47:44 AM

You have time to complain to the forum, bother the State of Californa, and hire a lawyer.

But you don't have time to actually pursue a case in court?

More like, you know your quest for a ~600% gain for doing nothing is doomed to fail if it ever reached a proper venue.

Better stick to the court of public opinion, where your narrative of victimization may fool a few rubes.

"Emotional tolerance?"  IOW, you can't stand the idea of a judge ruling your demand for a free pony named Windfall is ludicrous.  That buyer's remorse is just awful, isn't it?   Sad

Why did you agree to be a windfall?

How can you offer full btc refunds thinking the price will be stable? Are you new to bitcoin? Since the invention of bitcoin, we have yet to see a period longer than a few days let alone months where the price did not swing dramatically. If you did not understand that then you should not be doing business in bitcoin.

Then you create a windfall protection plan by offering possible compensation for delays.

Then you decide to give neither btc refunds or the extra hashing power which was the only reason people decided to go with your company.

Then you complain that it is the customers who are mistakenly looking for a windfall when you sold them a windfall.

Good luck in court.

Thanks for helping make my point, that HashFast's ToS do not provide for windfalls or otherwise create unlimited liability on our part in the event of massive BTC/USD fluctuations.

Any interpretation of the ToS claiming HashFast must provide windfalls or otherwise be infinitely liable for BTC/USD fluctuation is not reasonable, much less enforceable.

MPP is coming SoonTM.  Sit tight and be patient.  Great things come to those who wait!   Wink

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:50:50 AM

You have time to complain to the forum, bother the State of Californa, and hire a lawyer.

But you don't have time to actually pursue a case in court?

More like, you know your quest for a ~600% gain for doing nothing is doomed to fail if it ever reached a proper venue.

Better stick to the court of public opinion, where your narrative of victimization may fool a few rubes.

"Emotional tolerance?"  IOW, you can't stand the idea of a judge ruling your demand for a free pony named Windfall is ludicrous.  That buyer's remorse is just awful, isn't it?   Sad

Why did you agree to be a windfall?

How can you offer full btc refunds thinking the price will be stable? Are you new to bitcoin? Since the invention of bitcoin, we have yet to see a period longer than a few days let alone months where the price did not swing dramatically. If you did not understand that then you should not be doing business in bitcoin.

Then you create a windfall protection plan by offering possible compensation for delays.

Then you decide to give neither btc refunds or the extra hashing power which was the only reason people decided to go with your company.

Then you complain that it is the customers who are mistakenly looking for a windfall when you sold them a windfall.

Good luck in court.

Thanks for helping make my point, that HashFast's ToS do not provide for windfalls or otherwise create unlimited liability on our part in the event of massive BTC/USD fluctuations.

Any interpretation of the ToS claiming HashFast must provide windfalls or otherwise be infinitely liable for BTC/USD fluctuation is not reasonable, much less enforceable.

MPP is coming SoonTM.  Sit tight and be patient.  Great things come to those who wait!   Wink

How much longer till MPP and upgrades?

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 08:54:38 AM

what I should be doing is perusing criminal charges. Your theft is not just a civil matter at this point

Oh brother, could you possibly be more maudlin and self-pitying?   Roll Eyes

Wow, I've been following Hashfast hoping to buy from them after they worked the kinks out of their first batches but after reading the stories in the various threads on here I gotta say I wouldn't go near them.

You contradict yourself and change your story so much it is hard to take you seriously.  It's also pretty incredible that you are here disparaging your customers for asking you to hold up your end of the bargain.

A check isn't legal tender, cash and coin is. You were also apparently forcing people to agree to additional terms and conditions if they accepted that check.  That isn't a refund that is hush money and it appears that no one is buying your crap so now you are on here calling them names!

Hashfast seems to be the one wanting to hold onto ill gotten windfall profits.  You guys look to have been totally incompetent in your execution and when you realized you were sitting on $100 Million+ is USD gains because of Bitcoins price increase you decided to hire a lawyer to try and keep it even though you failed in every respect to provide the products your customers paid you for in a timely fashion even by your own changing definition of on time.  In the mean time you put on a good show of trying your hardest to fix your issues while you fend off the lawsuits from the customers you defrauded and end up with a nice pile of cash/Bitcoin if it all works out in your favor in a few years when all the lawsuits are resolved.  Incredible.

Anyone want to make a BTC bet that someone from Hashfast ends up in prison for fraud before this is all over because I gotta say it's looking more and more like a straight up con.

A check represents legal tender.  If you had a stronger argument, you wouldn't need to delve into such silly semantic games.

A "straight up con" wouldn't have

-designed, produced, and delivered multiple petahashes of the World's Fastest Bitcoin Mining ASIC
-given 105% refunds to the few who requested them
-given MPP for free as delay compensation

Madoff was a "straight up con."
Pirate@40 was a "straight up con."
Labcoin was a ""straight up con."

Maybe you should be more careful with your choice of words, because when you accuse a legitimate business of being a "straight up con" it makes you look unwise and less than credible.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:11:19 AM

-designed, produced, and delivered multiple petahashes of the World's Fastest Bitcoin Mining ASIC

-That doesn't matter when you're months late
-If you would have delivered on time, people would not have needed refunds.
-No one has gotten MPP. I am still waiting on Upgrades..

HashFast_CL, it amazes me how you feel like you actually have a defense..

I mean, come on.. You work for HashFast.

This is more pathetic than when Josh Zerlan would go on his rants against his customers.

You seem to have a whole lot of time on your hands..

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:14:24 AM

1) FALSE
2) FALSE
3) FALSE

However, good luck with using this kind of arguments to prove your innocence.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #Wym0LBVQ4kE5rHw3

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:16:16 AM

1) FALSE
2) FALSE
3) FALSE

Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #Wym0LBVQ4kE5rHw3

FTFY

1) Evidence?
2) Evidence?
3) Evidence?

The burden of proof is now on HashFast_CL as he made the claims.

Burden of proof is the position, in argumentation theory, that the individual making a claim that something is true is required to support the claim with evidence or sound argument sufficient to warrant acceptance of the claim by the other party. If the claimant cannot provide sufficient evidence, the other party is allowed to disregard the claim without having to disprove it.

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Burden_of_proof

It doesn't matter if you think the claim is false what matters is he has to provide evidence to support that claim. No one has to speculate if there is or isn't evidence. If he fails to provide any evidence you can simply ignore the statements.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:44:47 AM

MPP is coming SoonTM

First see, then believe

You have not shipped Upgrade kits or Sierra's too, so why would we believe you?

Sit tight and be patient.  Great things come to those who wait!   Wink

Are you seriously going taunt us and laugh in our face?

The MPP should have shipped out the 1st of Feb. The Upgrade kits should have shipped in December. As should the Sierras. And the BBJets were also 2 months late

the only thing to come to those who wait is an increase in diffulty
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 02:42:18 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 10:47:56 PM by HashFast_CL

Prove my innocence?  Sheesh, I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition!   Shocked

It is not possible for one to "prove their innocence" because only a positive claims, like accusations of guilt, may be proven.

You can't prove a negative such as innocence.  It violates the rules of logic.

Have fun with the rest of your witch hunt!   Smiley

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:49:59 PM

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:28:13 PM

Prove my innocence?  Sheesh, I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition!   :eek:
I'm not the one trowing BS away to prove my innoncence, (since that it's what you did).
You can see by yourself how miserably you failed your trolling attempt.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #bD1LusXwFciltZxz

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:32:06 PM

Who has received said MPP?

Buy & Hold
perezoso

Activity: 392