Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:35:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29783 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 09:37:06 PM

Has your lawyer mentioned how much tax you would have to pay on such a windfall?   Grin

Actually nothing because in some countries there is no Capital Gains tax

Now, how about just refunding as Hashfast in the first place and let us worry about any taxes?

Italy is not "some country" and has 20%+ capital gains tax.

Plus possibly more for windfalls like the one cedivad is anticipating.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:43:02 PM

and again you go with nonsense answer and ignoring the important Q

So I have Q about hardware and mining:

When/If can I start mining with my payed stuff you don't deliver?
Only silence about that and PR bullshit!
Why are you wasting time here? Do you realy think you will sell preorders to anybody reading here regularly?

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:44:27 PM

However, good luck with using this kind of arguments to prove your innocence.

Prove my innocence?  Sheesh, I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition!   Shocked

Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:48:44 PM

Received a email from some scammers at echosign.com today claiming to be from hashfast. So not only do they not delivery anything or return emails but our personal info has been leaked.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:09:12 PM

I'm amused at CL giving me advices on my taxes.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #2o2jeYEKF6Yl0rde

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:19:05 PM

Has your lawyer mentioned how much tax you would have to pay on such a windfall?   Grin

Actually nothing because in some countries there is no Capital Gains tax

Now, how about just refunding as Hashfast in the first place and let us worry about any taxes?

Italy is not "some country" and has 20%+ capital gains tax.

I'm in Belgium and we don't have any Capital Gains tax. How about you start shipping the equipment I paid for in September 2013?

I'll even take a refund.

how about that?

Plus possibly more for windfalls like the one cedivad is anticipating.

Let us wonder about the grown up things and you stop pushing HashFasts vapourware? Stop trying to lure in other punters so you can get pre-order money. You know, the money the pays your wages and lawyers that keep you in business but prevents you from actually shipping out an actual product people paid for?
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:28:59 PM

Likewise, we're amused at DC & Co. giving us advice on our ToS!   Cool

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:43:23 PM

So the big question for anyone not really paying close attention to the many HF threads... are they actually something now or has it come to a complete stop?  The difficulty increase seems to indicate that very little 28nm is actually shipping.  The vast majority is most likely Ants, Bitfury/GHash and until recently, KNC's private farm.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:45:29 PM

Likewise, we're amused at DC & Co. giving us advice on our ToS!   Cool
What is he talking about? DC is me, i guess.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #Mo3kB6ey7kbnUzyG

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
JointDoctor

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:47:53 PM

Likewise, we're amused at DC & Co. giving us advice on our ToS!   Cool

Wich version?  Grin
Seriously, you´re the most unprofessional company i´ve ever seen in my life.
In EU you would be prosecuted a long time ago.

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal... - Hashfast_CL
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:22:35 PM

Wich version?  Grin

Yawn, wake up me when InterPol arrests Swiss person Giorgio M of Bitmine.ch for the crime of being late with an ASIC.   Roll Eyes

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal...  Tongue

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:31:57 PM

Wich version?  Grin

Yawn, wake up me when InterPol arrests Swiss person Giorgio M of Bitmine.ch for the crime of being late with an ASIC.   Roll Eyes

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal...  Tongue

Not according to Bitmain or ASICminer !!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:40:25 PM

Oh boy, where do I preorder?!

Seriously, I have an interest in the different ASICs available but I guess I can feel good about crossing HashFast off of my list.
HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:59:12 PM

Seriously, I have an interest in the different ASICs available but I guess I can feel good about crossing HashFast off of my list.

You may order a Golden Nonce ASIC board from HashFast, BlackMiner, PepperMining, or Cognitive.

Plus at least one other vendor, to be announced...   Wink Wink Wink

The cool kids are all starting to use HashFast chips, because they're the fastest!

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 12:11:53 AM

Interesting emails today:

The hashfast customers from the G-J section of the alphabet in the email leak have been chatting amongst themselves. It's a whole additional community with many people who haven't received their hardware and whom HF has cut communications with... many of whom were unaware of how widespread the issues were.

In the middle of all that someone posted:

Hello all,

As of today, the 19th of March, Cognitive has entered a partnership with HashFast to open a parallel production line and resell HashFast chips. We will be selling Cognitive branded Hashfast "Evo" boards (http://hashfast.com/shop/sierraevo/) for April delivery or your money back. Starting on the 4th of April, 2014 we will be producing and shipping 300 boards per day achieving an average (+/- 10%) of 750Gh/s each.

The boards are available for purchase at [URL elided] today.

If desired, I can provide you a private link that displays the realtime hashing output (cgminer feed + eligius address) of a single Evo board.

Best,
Garrett MacDonald
CEO, Cognitive

To which a bunch of people responded along the lines of WTF WHY ARE YOU GETTING CHIPS WHEN I'M STILL WAITING!?

to which he replied

The situation right now is: HashFast is short on money, I am paying for a new, separate production line to begin and will be recieving the profits from it an it's first few thousand boards. Beyond this, HashFast will take control of the line producing Evo boards and will be able to serve customers much faster than before.

The hashfast directors, myself and my partner, and both of our lawyers have talked it over and it is a go from everyone legally.

Cheap hashpower for all, and the ramp-up of a new production line for HashFast customers. This is a total win-win situation.

Best,
Garrett
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:13:58 AM

I would like to hear a rough number on the cost of setting up such a production line from someone with knowledge.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #2wkMLW1bANRqAjxl

JointDoctor

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:20:36 AM

I would like to hear a rough number on the cost of setting up such a production line from someone with knowledge.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #2wkMLW1bANRqAjxl

Estimated guess, based on experience, USD 15-20 million.
The daily cost of running it, no idea... to many factors.

No matter what you do Hashfast, you will always be remembered as the greatest douchebags in the history of Bitcoin.
Mark and his MtGox fiasco is not even close to your incompetence  Grin

Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal... - Hashfast_CL
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:24:15 AM

Are you saying that making the PCBs is more expensive than the mask/ASIC?

Things doesn't round up, do they?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #ZXH5jBVSgNxW0N6P

xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:34:10 AM

You may order a Golden Nonce ASIC board from HashFast, BlackMiner, PepperMining, or Cognitive.

Plus at least one other vendor, to be announced...   Wink Wink Wink

The cool kids are all starting to use HashFast chips, because they're the fastest!

What reassurance would I have that the 3rd party vendors will be able to deliver your product on time and on spec if you can't fulfill your own, much older orders?
JointDoctor

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:44:51 AM

Are you saying that making the PCBs is more expensive than the mask/ASIC?

Things doesn't round up, do they?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #ZXH5jBVSgNxW0N6P

To open a new production line you need not only the cheap PCB´s and a large stock of chips but also machines, space, staff, raw material, clearance, storage, extra cofferooms ( Grin ) etc

Have in mind, the email says "open a parallel production line", they´re not just renting the machines next to Hashlast. The email also says production line is suppose to exist in the future, it´s not just a temporary solution.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: