Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:26:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Telegram and Airdrops  (Read 257 times)
TerenceFisher (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:21:03 PM

I've been looking into join airdrops recently and it seems that many of the require telegram. I'd like to know if anyone has found workarounds for how to bypass handing over your telephone number in order to make an account on telegram. This is annoying since so many airdrops seems to require it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nkampala

Activity: 66
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:27:28 PM

You can set up a google voice number and use that to sign up instead if you're worried about it
cryptoJJJ

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:40:51 PM

no once will ever get you phone number, non of all those scams grups on telegram can see your number, only your @telegram name
 its only the app that need your phone nubmer, when you want to download the app again on a new device, then you need the same phone number you made your username with.
coly20032003

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:43:49 AM

Yeah a lot of airdrops require telegram account. I remember I joined a lot of airdrop, and so many of them require me joining telegram. But personally I still like discord better, I think it is more organized there. For telegram, I joined so many that it kind of reached limit already.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:49:55 AM

Why not buy another extra sim card for this specific purpose? Sim cards are pretty cheap (depending on where you live though); and I do really suggest using another mobile number for airdrops, as you don't know what those shady projects could do with your personal number. Or you could use paid online services that lets you use a mobile number online.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TerenceFisher (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:56:36 AM

You can set up a google voice number and use that to sign up instead if you're worried about it

I tried setting one up with google voice, but somehow the system may have recognized that it wasn't a true mobile number and denied me. @mjglqw thanks the advice, I may have to go the sim card method it seems.
Gaselemeg

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:07:21 AM

As people said sim cards are cheap and you could easily buy yourself one for these needs. If you don't have such opportunity, for example, you need an id for this, I can send you one for free.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
chulos

Activity: 268
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:59:04 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 07:13:20 AM by chulos

I've been looking into join airdrops recently and it seems that many of the require telegram. I'd like to know if anyone has found workarounds for how to bypass handing over your telephone number in order to make an account on telegram. This is annoying since so many airdrops seems to require it.
For this purpose, sign up for telegrams, use a new sim card from your provider, which is one option. Or, the second option is to activate the virtual phone number at the provider. You must verify this option if your provider allows it. Virtual number is more expensive than new sim /monthly fees apply/. I would go to the first option and buy a new sim card.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
sumit.mathur101

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:09:49 AM

You can get a VoIP number but then most airdrops dont need your mobile number, they just need to know your telegram handle.
TerenceFisher (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:43:05 PM

As people said sim cards are cheap and you could easily buy yourself one for these needs. If you don't have such opportunity, for example, you need an id for this, I can send you one for free.

Hi, thanks for your response in my forum regarding telegram. You mentioned being able to send me an id for free? I would appreciate that greatly. I'm unfamiliar with the process right now but I'd like to get all of my alt accounts going so I don't have any restrictions when signing up for airdrops. Thanks again for your help
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:11:19 PM

That's what I did using different sim card for my telegram account and i'm still using it until now but the problem is if you lost your sim card or phone then no choice to use same number in another device unless you buy new sim card. If you already use your number and you want to change the number used in the telegram app you can change it by opening settings and press the number shown in the settings then follow next steps to complete changing number.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
D1zee

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:17:18 PM

Why not buy another extra sim card for this specific purpose? Sim cards are pretty cheap (depending on where you live though); and I do really suggest using another mobile number for airdrops, as you don't know what those shady projects could do with your personal number. Or you could use paid online services that lets you use a mobile number online.

This is what i do and believe maybe most others do too, I have my different everything for Crypto actually, email, phone number cos as you rightly mentioned, we have to be careful with passing out personal info in all sites. 
vy99

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:19:45 PM

There's actually an app called 2nd Line which gives you a dummy number you can use to sign up to Telegram...but like other posters already said there's no way for the people on Telegram to see your number, they only see your user name.

I'm not cool enough to have a fancy signature so you're stuck reading this
Xcelol

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:35:04 PM

I will advise you setting up a google voice note
TerenceFisher (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:14:41 PM

I will advise you setting up a google voice note

That would be great if you have a way that can remedy this, especially if the method is free.

I just recently tried using an android emulator and installing telegram onto it, but once again it wouldn't allow me to register since the emulator doesn't emulate the sim card and no mobile number is actually present.
solarsenal

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:59:19 PM

You will need a phone number to open your telegram account but it is your telegram name that will be visible in any telegram group you belong.
unorowest

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:00:29 AM

You don't have to worry, your phone number is safe
bitcoinmee

Activity: 106
Merit: 28

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:04:04 AM

If you don't want to sign up with airdrop that require telegram try to find an airdrop that only require to sign up with email or you can look in twitter airdrop all you need is to retweet, follow & comment your eth add but most of them are worthless.

▂▆▇★│X-CASH - Decentralized Network And Cryptocurrency│★▇▆▂
TerenceFisher (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:07:49 AM

If you don't want to sign up with airdrop that require telegram try to find an airdrop that only require to sign up with email or you can look in twitter airdrop all you need is to retweet, follow & comment your eth add but most of them are worthless.

Believe it or not, but you even need a mobile phone number to sign onto twitter as well. It seems that most major companies are doing everything they can to protect from spam accounts.
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:22:38 AM

Your phone #  is safe on telegram but the only problem is that telegrap has the most scam users, they are everywhere. So if you airdrop in telegram just join ,fill up the form and leave on that app.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: