Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:08:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] TransitionCoin - The Last Token You'll Ever Need  (Read 514 times)
techperson (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:12:24 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2019, 12:36:39 AM by techperson

Our Mission

A Green Burial costs about $5,000 today, and the cost is expected to increase in the future TransitionCoin offers a way to reserve an environmentally sensitive Green Burial today or anytime in the future for a fixed fee of $4,000, an immediate 20% savings that could grow much larger as the future cost of Green Burials increases. TransitionCoin is a digital token built on the Ethereum blockchain backed by a smart contract for a real service that is not expected to decline in value.

Abstract

Although the funeral industry is little over 150 years old, it has since acquiesced to market demand for cremation with an average 50% cremation rate of Americans in the 21st century. Conventional cemeteries (and their current “green” plots) continue to bury major sources of pollutants, including landscaping sprays and drift, into the local land, air, and water. However, nearly 66% of adults 40 or older expressed interest in green burial options, up from just 43 percent five years earlier, according to a 2015 Funeral and Memorial Information Council survey.  

Every year, 22,500 cemeteries across the United States bury approximately:
              • 30 million board feet of non-biodegradable, preserved-wood caskets
              • 90,272 tons of steel caskets and 2,700 tons of copper and bronze caskets
              • 14,000 tons of steel vaults and 1,636,000 tons of reinforced concrete vaults
              • 827,060 US gallons of embalming fluid, which usually includes formaldehyde.

Cremation has a surprisingly negative impact on the environment. Although there are “filters” --temporary storage tanks--for toxins from crematories, large amounts of gases, particulate matter, and carcinogenic compounds escape into the air and water from the 2,204 crematories across the U.S.   Pollutants from crematories remain mostly unregulated, and include mercury leakage, dioxins, plastic or metal residues from implants, plastic from hospital body bags, silicone breast implants, plastic or metal limbs, pesticide residues in body tissues, and particulate matter from ash escaping the filters.  A study from the Cremation Association of North America has found that filtering crematorium fumes has little effect on the toxins released.  However, citizens in over 35 states have set up blocks and ordinances to prevent further building of crematories. Studies in the last two decades have shown a correlation between local crematorium's pollution and stillbirth, anencephaly, and increased air pollution containing toxic particulate matter.  Locales then show high percentages of asthma and other lung diseases.  

Green burial preserves and sanctuaries are dedicated parcels of land that are certified by the Green Burial Council of America from the strictest of their standards.  There is zero use of any pesticides or toxins, and residues in bodies are allowed to organically decompose. Nourishment is also provided to the soil, while planting of native trees help decrease carbon emissions.

The Green Burial movement is now 20 years old and is compatible with all religions, spiritual paths, and philosophies. All individuals, couples, and families who care for the earth and the peace it brings now have access to green burials. Memorials and traditional rites of passage are honored, while dignified care of the deceased, whether at home or in a sanctuary, is the highest priority.

Current purchase of TransitionCoin digital tokens and future investing in pure, certified green burial sanctuaries is a way for you to be part of the solution instead of the part of the problem.

Presale and sale

The TransitionCoin sale will begin in March at US$1 per coin. There will be a 10% discount for purchases of enough coins to cover two or more Green Burials - 8,000 TransitionCoins or more. The ICO will be open to all investors.

The presale begins in January. There is a substantial discount for presales. The presale is open to accredited investors in the USA and all non-US investors that legally can participate.

Register for notification of the presale and sale at https://transitiongreenburials.com.
For much more information on Green Burials, see our website at http://greenburialsanctuary.com.

Posted by Michael Murphy, CEO
techperson@gmail.com
1/12/19

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
techperson (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:16:13 PM

We're listed on ICO Bench at https://icobench.com/ico/transition-coin
dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 06:21:04 PM

Honestly, I am sure that cremation is much better than burying a decaying body. I am sure that this is also a concern for the soul. Cremation releases the soul faster. It will no longer be tied to the decomposing body and the process of its ascent will be faster.
Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 01:27:43 PM

Haha, the last token you'll ever need. That's actually really clever.
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 06:45:03 PM

I like the idea of having a big beautiful living tree to mark my burial a hell of a lot more than a cold dead stone.
techperson (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:14:30 PM

Haha, the last token you'll ever need. That's actually really clever.

Well, it was that or "Think Outside the Box." Got any others?
techperson (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 09:19:29 PM

Honestly, I am sure that cremation is much better than burying a decaying body. I am sure that this is also a concern for the soul. Cremation releases the soul faster. It will no longer be tied to the decomposing body and the process of its ascent will be faster.
We're the first to say each to their own. But cremation wastes a lot of energy and is polluting. Is that the parting eco-statement you really want to make? The "ashes" are really just ground-up bone fragments. I'd rather transition into rose bushes or a tree, maybe a dogwood or Giant Sequoia.
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 04:09:19 PM

We're the first to say each to their own. But cremation wastes a lot of energy and is polluting. Is that the parting eco-statement you really want to make? The "ashes" are really just ground-up bone fragments. I'd rather transition into rose bushes or a tree, maybe a dogwood or Giant Sequoia.

I always thought the green burials consisted of a cremation first and then using the ashes to help fertilize the small tree. Is this not the case? They just put the whole body in the ground?
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:15:45 PM

Is there a minimum amount of tokens required to buy to participate in the presale?
DianaC

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 09:15:32 PM

I always thought the green burials consisted of a cremation first and then using the ashes to help fertilize the small tree. Is this not the case? They just put the whole body in the ground?

That is correct,  The whole body is wrapped in a shroud or biodegragable casket (bamboo, willow) and buried 3 feet dep. At that depth it can decompose quickly and provide nutrients to plant life. There is no expensive, sealed casket, no concrete vault (required by most cemeteries), no big headstone, and no herbicides/pesticides to  maintain a green lawn.
DianaC

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 10:55:42 PM

Is there a minimum amount of tokens required to buy to participate in the presale?
Yes, due to the expense of accredited investor checks there is a $2,000 minimum.
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 07:31:13 PM

Yes, due to the expense of accredited investor checks there is a $2,000 minimum.

That's not too bad. Will the minimum go up during the main sale or stay the same?
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 07:47:12 PM

Does this team have experience with this kind of work?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
LoveCryptoAll

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 05:37:17 PM

That is correct,  The whole body is wrapped in a shroud or biodegragable casket (bamboo, willow) and buried 3 feet dep. At that depth it can decompose quickly and provide nutrients to plant life. There is no expensive, sealed casket, no concrete vault (required by most cemeteries), no big headstone, and no herbicides/pesticides to  maintain a green lawn.

I think that you will order to bury your body somewhere in the park, where some beauties in a bikini under a tree that grows out of your decayed brain will warm up your bodies on your grave. But, the bones decompose for quite a while. And about the crematorium. There are installed filters and no pollution. In any case, you will quickly go to heaven or hell, it all depends on what you do.
LORENthetiger

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

I think that you will order to bury your body somewhere in the park, where some beauties in a bikini under a tree that grows out of your decayed brain will warm up your bodies on your grave. But, the bones decompose for quite a while. And about the crematorium. There are installed filters and no pollution. In any case, you will quickly go to heaven or hell, it all depends on what you do.

Well, that's the craziest thing I've seen today. Time to get off the internet now, thank you.
MarkThief

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 06:35:15 PM

So would this include the costs of the land needed?
Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 04:46:49 PM

I saw this video and immediately thought of you guys!  http://t.ted.com/z2SS9Rm

If you don't have time to watch I will break it down real quick.

Basically, she wants to use a mushroom burial suit to help decompose bodies in a more environmentally friendly way since the mushrooms are capable of breaking down a lot of the environmental toxins we accumulate throughout our lives.

techperson (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 07:38:12 PM

That's not too bad. Will the minimum go up during the main sale or stay the same?

It will not go up.
theydontcallmegenius

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 09:45:53 PM

This project is amazing. I am sure if you launched in 2017 you would've raised $50M-100M ICO! I'll be following this, also going to refer it to some friends.

A lot of people have heard about crypto in the past year but people are scared to jump into buying since the crash, even though this is the best time for them to buy in. I definitely think we are bottoming out…. Anyways, great project, makes me excited for crypto again. I'll be a token buyer.
theydontcallmegenius

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:26:29 PM

At this point I'm only wondering how much the whole process would cost?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: