Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:00:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Place of Knowledge in post replies  (Read 539 times)
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:19:08 PM

Do not do this until you do not have a talent to explain in a better way, There is high probability that your answer is plagiarized then and you can be banned.  Better to provide the direct source link in these cases.

I don't get where does this plagiarized answer came from. It's somehow a question, on how'd you handle on a such scenario.

Reading the topic so that you will able to reply in that post (if you are fully ignorant of that subject beforehand) is not a correct approach. Your answer will be heavily influenced by the the site that you have just read. Not being the native speaker your words and sentences might also be influenced.  I am saying just put the source link and do not try to paraphrase the answer or answer something that you are not really confident of.

PS: You do not become expert by just reading something. sometime you need to rethink and churn your thoughts.

I am alive

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:52:35 PM

It's almost difficult to find the "best quality" forum ever.
But AFAIK, this forum ever had the most insightful discussion on early year of bct early born.
Maybe you can find some topic on year 2011-2014
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:00:24 PM

Fact remains that in order to be of any relevance and of any use to this forum, some level of intelligence and knowledge is needed especially with the current merit system in place. Topics/posts have to be seen to well thought out and meaningful.

This makes me wonder, have you been ever confronted with a topic where you click the 'reply' tab and without a clue as to how to what to type in response and how to contribute meaningful, and this forced you to research some more about the subject matter before returning to post a reply?
I think you are Bengali, so this is wrong in English. Post it properly in English. Grin

Makes perfect sense to me.

Not entirely sure waht you're insinuating here but it seems to make sense and I'd probably suggest you @cryptofarid10 could do with improving your understanding of English.

Jet Cash created a forum fittotalk.com/english-talk that you are free to join if you find English challenging and you can post there ans we will add corrections to your post and produce discussion there also (obviously) - just be sure to use the same username as you use here.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1497

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 06:07:46 PM

Fact remains that in order to be of any relevance and of any use to this forum, some level of intelligence and knowledge is needed especially with the current merit system in place. Topics/posts have to be seen to well thought out and meaningful.

This makes me wonder, have you been ever confronted with a topic where you click the 'reply' tab and without a clue as to how to what to type in response and how to contribute meaningful, and this forced you to research some more about the subject matter before returning to post a reply?

Not exactly. If I don’t know enough I usually don’t reply, as others have said. However, you can give your opinion at certain times even if you don’t know a lot about something, but without shitposting, please.

As I can recall, that’s happened to me some specific times, but what is more frequent is that I search for more information about the subject but without replying.

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:14:02 PM

One of my weakness is Economy thread, although its overrun by spammers, you can find a lot of topics to read, you just have to go through the junk because interesting discussions are somewhat buried. And most of time I do some research because debates involves US economy. I'm not a US citizen, so its really hard for me to comment unless I do some digging and churn my opinion and contribute to a healthy conversation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1219

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 09:13:53 AM

It's almost difficult to find the "best quality" forum ever.
Maybe if people didnt come here with the "Who does not like free money" attitude then the conditions would be better. Roll Eyes

But AFAIK, this forum ever had the most insightful discussion on early year of bct early born.
Maybe you can find some topic on year 2011-2014
But opening those topics again would be necroposting dont you think? Starting new topics of similar things only leads to more spammers. Tough to accept but the best way to prevent it is by reporting all such posts.

One of my weakness is Economy thread, although its overrun by spammers, you can find a lot of topics to read, you just have to go through the junk because interesting discussions are somewhat buried. And most of time I do some research because debates involves US economy. I'm not a US citizen, so its really hard for me to comment unless I do some digging and churn my opinion and contribute to a healthy conversation.
Economics and Bitcoin Discussion are the top few shitposted sections of the forum. Its the lovecave of the spammers where they keep wanking to the same topic in order to get their posts done for a week. I sometimes pick up things and try to explain/point of things. Sometimes few people reply back which are worth discussion but majority is just spam. Forget about Altcoin Discussion. That section is a huge pile of shit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:07:11 AM

I think we all can "use" this forum regardless of our ranks. It's a knowledge hub and like a free encyclopedia for me. Sometimes members misunderstand the word "use", we shouldn't take "use" as an ability to post but reading too. Some level of intelligence and knowledge is needed When it comes to replying or starting a thread and I think its nothing to do with the Merit system. I think we all need to think twice before starting a thread. I have seen that most of the Newbies and Jr. Members (I didn't say that others won't, but the majority is from newbies and Jr. members) are starting threads without using the "search" function to check wether that topic has been discussed in the forum before or not. It didn't say that we shouldn't start any thread regarding a matter which previously discussed, but some of the facts that discussed previously are true at all times and no need to discuss again and again (eg:- How to add images to a post?, Forum rules, What is activity and merit?...etc).

Merit matters when it comes to ranking up. So members need to put extra effort when starting a thread or giving a reply. Your contribution to the forum appreciated by other members by giving away their sMerits. Those Merits under your username will help other members to scrape the valuable members from the shitposters. So everybody tends to thought twice before starting a thread or reply, isn't that cool? (who didn't like to be ranked up while helping other members and by sharing your knowledge Tongue)

Either way its beneficial for the forum member who looking for answers and the member who do research more about the subject that going to be answered. Both parties get educated due to this introduction of the merit system. Otherwise, what will happen, people, just open threads and giving away answers even they didn't know about that topic at all.
Gembul0705

Activity: 168
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 01:21:32 AM

Yes, if i have some interest with some topic/threads I must do some research or i just go to search engine when i interest with some topic that can make me get a lot of information or maybe I ask my friend who knows better than me since i am still new at here but before i reply i must have to make sure that my post is not just spamming but can be useful for another member if not i will just read and get some information that i didn't have. And at here i can learn about english too that make me more excited
jerick06

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:58:42 AM

Why would you choose one topic that you didn't know. Ofcourse, the first step you will do is read and learn. Don't push yourself if you don't know a thing because it might be a spam reply or off topic but It is somewhat good to learn by force.

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:17:13 PM

Why would you choose one topic that you didn't know. Ofcourse, the first step you will do is read and learn. Don't push yourself if you don't know a thing because it might be a spam reply or off topic but It is somewhat good to learn by force.

I do agree that at first, meddle on the topic that you are quite knowledge.  However, sooner or later, you need to read new topics/things to learn new things.  If you will only read the topics that you know already, (aside from replying your knowledge to help others) what will it profit you ?

It is always wonderful to explore and learn more.  I think the Merit System encourages people to "read/research before you click".  It is a win-win scenario where one benefits by learning something and when that someone shares his/her learning then others will benefit.

Sifon (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:07:13 AM

Thanks for the replies so far, especially from the veterans, I've really learnt a lot. Hoping to be like y'all some day, but until then, baby steps...
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:26:18 AM

That maybe happened me before, yeah I'm clueless that time but the topic was very interesting and it caught my eye so what I did was is to research it and find myself hooked and in fact researching doesn't hurt. Honestly, if we dig posts in previous years we'll feel like this should be the one that deserve more replies and that was this forum is all about.

Not knowing the topic doesn't mean you can't research and study it. It shouldn't be a hindrance of learning because surely you'll learn something you didn't expect

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:55:55 AM

If you search for an additional information to a certain question then you can clearly explain your opinion base to what you read,  not all the time,  everybody knows what can be a suited reply,  but by discussing the the topic and connecting to the title then everybody can adjust, so in order for other to participate, much better to think and search for a while if needed. Take time for better purpose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: