Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:43:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: just for you to know  (Read 429 times)
alexeyneu (OP)

Activity: 312
Merit: 30

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:19:10 AM

this bastard wanna steal my idea right now
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14137#issuecomment-418031457

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SoiledDove

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:42:59 PM

If someone stole your idea, why don't you talk to the person? Have you noticed that sometimes in history two great minds stumble upon the same idea but only one is credited with the invention because he/she patented it first? Sometimes an idea is just waiting to happen and whoever gets it first wins. I'm just generalizing of course. I'm not trying to oppose you. If you discuss the matter with the concerned person, it might help you to figure out what happened.
alexeyneu (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:13:05 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 12:02:05 AM by alexeyneu

https://botbot.me/freenode/bitcoin-core-dev/msg/104049316/
and the one below.
one of them got a sinking feeling haha
Have you noticed ...
no it's not the case
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 03:47:13 AM
Merited by Foxpup (3), ABCbits (1)

https://botbot.me/freenode/bitcoin-core-dev/msg/104049316/
and the one below.
one of them got a sinking feeling haha
Have you noticed ...
no it's not the case

It's a good thing that the code is completely different from what you did.

Also, this isn't "stealing your idea". You created a pull request for a particular feature. People did not like how you implemented it (and they also did not like how you rude you were in the thread and on IRC). The existence of your pull request has been taken as a feature request (you put out a request for us to implement this feature). Someone is implementing the feature you requested.

TheArchaeologist

Activity: 310
Merit: 727

---------> 1231006505

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 06:43:45 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 02:18:49 PM by TheArchaeologist
Merited by achow101 (5), ABCbits (1)

Calling people bastards, morons, ignoring review comments and on top of all think you are entitled to donations because of this simple idea you had doesn't really help your case!

Sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path
PepitaJoe

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:46:35 AM

An idea means nothing, anyone can come up with an idea. It takes balls to turn create a business with an idea and make money, something that most people can't do. Ideas are worthless until they make money, and then they're only worth as much money as they can make. It's not the idea that makes money, it's the person.
alexeyneu (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:26:31 PM

donations
what are you're fuckin talkin about

For those who didnt catch:

Given that this is an entirely new implementation, and includes the build system changes, I don't think you need to cherry-pick/include the other committer.
that's what we have
morantis2015

Activity: 30
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:42:55 AM

come on, the very spirit of the pull/feature commit is to ask the dev team or others to provide an additional level of functionality, implying that the pull request is coming from a person taht does not have the time or the ability to do this themselves.  putting some code with that request is helpful and sometimes a good start, but the key word here is "request".  either way, github is a collaboration medium, and most of the code there is not just open source, but it can be forked and altered by others.  without checking, i am nearly 100% positive that bitcoin core is carrying the GNU/apache "copywriting" license, although there is a tiny chance that they have not chosen any license type, because from satoshi to today, this is intended to be transparent, open source and open to code changes from nearly anywhere, good code forks taking power over the old fork if it is good enough. 

point is that no idea, no snippet of code, or concept of technology applied to the bitcoin core in any way, that is ever chased down, and had the "credit" strangled out of it with the fervor that you have in this case, and for no reason at all, wronged or not, its not worth it dude
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: