Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:51:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for investment to continue developing an awesome trading webapp  (Read 1528 times)
cliffhanger (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 07:39:52 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 01:49:20 PM by cliffhanger

Hello everyone. In December I announced a trading app I was developing. Here it is: http://coinancier.com/

At the time I thought I'd be able to finance it completely on my own, however the recent Gox bankruptcy completely burned my savings (was unlucky enough to hold em all on Gox at the time, although I rarely do it). Now I'm really facing a difficult choice of working on the app part-time or asking for an investment. I will probably go down the first road anyway, since I'm not really into taking people's money. But just in case we happen to agree on the terms and a potential investor would truly love the idea just like I do, I'd be happy to discuss an investment.

The money in question is ideally $20k for 3-4 months until the release. Share as well as investment amount is negotiable. No official contracts/incorporation though, I don't have neither time nor money for lawyering up.
I have lots of things coded already and can show you the code and a small demo on Skype.

For a detailed business plan and my resume, please PM.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
M-S-K

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:56:25 AM

PM sent
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 07:58:43 AM

Hello everyone. In December I announced a trading app I was developing. Here it is: http://coinancier.com/

At the time I thought I'd be able to finance it completely on my own, however the recent Gox bankruptcy completely burned my savings (was unlucky enough to hold em all on Gox at the time, although I rarely do it). Now I'm really facing a difficult choice of working on the app part-time or asking for an investment. I will probably go down the first road anyway, since I'm not really into taking people's money. But just in case we happen to agree on the terms and a potential investor would truly love the idea just like I do, I'd be happy to discuss an investment.

The money in question is ideally $15k for 3-4 months until the release. Share as well as investment amount is negotiable. No official contracts/incorporation though, I don't have neither time nor money for lawyering up.
I have lots of things coded already and can show you the code and a small demo on Skype.
Good project if goes live, i like to help on marketing.
cliffhanger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 08:01:59 AM

PM sent

Thank you, will reply in 20 mins.
cliffhanger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:14:36 AM

Good project if goes live, i like to help on marketing.

PM me if you have actual ideas for marketing, would be happy to discuss.
cliffhanger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:02:53 AM

Also, for everyone's consideration: if you have any other offers/suggestions that are not directly related to investment, I'd be happy to discuss.
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:58:01 PM

I work on similar stuff. What language are you using? (I use java.)

cliffhanger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 06:58:05 AM

I work on similar stuff. What language are you using? (I use java.)

I'm writing in Dart, it's a webapp meant to work from a browser on all platforms.
bitvestor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:18:47 PM

The money in question is ideally $15k for 3-4 months until the release. Share as well as investment amount is negotiable. No official contracts/incorporation though, I don't have neither time nor money for lawyering up.

If you need someone to get investors for you, hit me up, i will talk to my people and we talk how much shares and benefit they will get from the project and also let me know what more..

Let me know and i will send you terms....

cliffhanger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 06:56:45 PM

Anyone wondering about RTBTC (ZeroBlock) trading platform (recently acquired by Blockchain.info) as a competitor: yes, I intend to compete if I manage to get this funding. RTBTC is a slow and buggy app. It is now twice as expensive. It only currently supports Bitstamp.
cliffhanger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:02:27 PM

If you need someone to get investors for you, hit me up, i will talk to my people and we talk how much shares and benefit they will get from the project and also let me know what more..
Let me know and i will send you terms....

PM sent.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:08:19 PM

Nice design, how much for membership any estimate?

cliffhanger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:33:07 PM

Nice design, how much for membership any estimate?

It's definitely going to be lower than competition (ZeroBlock==RTBTC).
BenAnh

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

Better than Butter-bot and/or Roller-bot
BenAnh

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:31:50 PM

better than better sir...I will probably go down the first road anyway, since I'm not really into taking people's money. But just in case we happen to agree on the terms and a potential investor would truly love the idea just like I do, I'd be happy to discuss an investment.
Oh, I was thinking for a moment it was a bot but not it's an exchange. How would compare and compete against the big ones or you're using their API to let others trade like RTBTC from ZeroBlock now? Is this any better than bex.io?
cliffhanger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 01:24:59 PM

Oh, I was thinking for a moment it was a bot but not it's an exchange. How would compare and compete against the big ones or you're using their API to let others trade like RTBTC from ZeroBlock now? Is this any better than bex.io?

Yes, I'd like to stress out: it's NOT an exchange. It's a trading platform that is going to work with many exchanges.
kpaxian

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:36:53 AM

Would invest, but more than $15k. Interested to buy a bigger share of the product, initially. Would you consider?
cliffhanger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 10:42:43 PM

Would invest, but more than $15k. Interested to buy a bigger share of the product, initially. Would you consider?

Depends on a particular offer, of course, but most likely no, I'm not interested in selling more shares for money. The money that I need are needed to work on this full time and not think about basic necessities, not spend them on luxuries. I want to make money by selling the product to customers, not to an investor.
eli5

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:51:01 PM

This looks interesting. Kraken support?
cliffhanger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:55:56 AM

This looks interesting. Kraken support?

Yes, Kraken, BTC-E and all others, hopefully. I'm really working to make it as exchange agnostic as possible, so it is super easy to add a new exchange.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: