Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:42:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Postponing ICO, a sign of negative market?  (Read 786 times)
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:53:39 PM

Legit ICO wants their project to be successful and in the event that during pre-sale it did not make the expectation, they tend to halt it but it doesn't mean it is due to negative market but rather making some improvement on the said project to attract more investors.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 02:54:24 PM

I think it is a sign of negative market, people aren't buying ico unlike when market was uptrend presently market is downtrend as a result it's hard for ico to raise money to start plans laid down when market recover people will start to buy ico again.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
DISPERADO

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:01:19 PM

I think it is a sign of negative market, people aren't buying ico unlike when market was uptrend presently market is downtrend as a result it's hard for ico to raise money to start plans laid down when market recover people will start to buy ico again.

Yes it is obvious. I think we all need to wait for prices to go up in the market. How to just find out when it will be. I'm already tired of waiting.

phoenixdowndee

Activity: 1036
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:42:22 PM

There can be many reasons why an ICO postpones.

Yes it could be because there is a decline in the amount of investment, but also there are many other factors to consider that we do not know about as we do not work in the startup

- Meeting regulations, KYCS
- Sickness of key staff
- Behind on schedule in regards to the system or marketing
- Changes / pivots in the startup
- Christmas / holiday season is always a tough time as staff are off, investors will be focused on family time and connections / partners will also be away.

The only thing that will determine a negative market is the drop in the price of the token. I wouldn't read too much into some ICOs postponing.
Gurjasmeet
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:13:58 PM

Although in these days market is going down. many ico's are postponed their projects also.perhaps its a sign of negative. but l think many other reasons arising of postponing any projects .
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:54:15 AM

As we may have all be well intimated about the effect the bloody market's having on people's perception about crypto right now is something that cannot be underated. The toil its taking is much more than what we can think of. Many that actually wanted putting money into so many icos are forced to think it twice before diving into the deep oceans. In most cases, many of them have opted to holding on to their hard money rather than losing it over any project.
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:02:59 AM

ICO paused is the result of gloomy market. It is obvious, in bear market now, token price always dump after listing on exchanges, investors don't have profits, they must wait for months to get higher price than ICO price. That's the reason why investors are not interesting with ICO.
AlphaGoo

Activity: 396

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:20:17 AM

This situation is really bad. Reputation is very important to business. If you lose trust, the bank will go bankrupt, so I hate the act of dishonesty.

craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:24:42 AM

many good projects postponing their ICO and also distribution of tokens and listings. that is the feature of 2018 cryptocurrency market.
vova.andreyan.94

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:42:40 AM

At the moment, a lot of ICO are transferred, and there is nothing surprising, because the market situation is not very good!
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:45:22 AM

Yes it is obvious. I think we all need to wait for prices to go up in the market. How to just find out when it will be. I'm already tired of waiting.
That depends on the developer, you should do a research about does the developer actively managing the community and created regular update regarding the development progress.
This has become the main problem when there was no a lot of updates and so many people will doubt about that and then they are leaving the project. this gives a lot of impact to the price.
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:03:50 AM

I can understand that some ico companies are extended but when they do it without warning I think that it is a scam. I assume that not only ratings but also the amount of fees can be inflated.
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:05:35 AM

Yes, because many projects may not receive the necessary investment in the ICO process. In this case, a re-evaluation process is put into effect for the fake of the project.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:07:11 AM

Unfortunately it's true. Many ICO postpone fees indefinitely or until the market recovers because project managers know that with such a market they cannot reach soft cap.
paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:50:34 PM

Just recently PROFEDE has decided to postpone it's ICO.
https://profede.com/#problem
What are it's implecations? Do you have a similar experience with this one?

Some ico right now is getting already scam maybe their has a sense that the project will go to become a bubble and wasting for nothing.
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:13:09 PM

Just recently PROFEDE has decided to postpone it's ICO.
https://profede.com/#problem
What are it's implecations? Do you have a similar experience with this one?
That's right. That is the signal of the negative market, Most of the current ICO postponed to wait good market up, All altcoin and bitcoin are falling down and investors are very careful in every detail to preserve the money and they are not interested in the ICO at this time

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Dlux75

Activity: 170

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:22:39 PM

Yes postponing ico a sign of negative market because these icos know they can not collect these amount of money during that bear market and they are postponing. That is normal and naturel thing.
They are waiting for next bull market. and with that way they can easily collect money for their icos.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:23:59 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2018, 07:26:32 PM by DikkieD

I feel for those projects that needed to postpone, or went through with really disappointing results. Maybe some of those projects should ask themselves if it really was a luminous idea or that it was mainly based on getting a nice ride on the ico hype train.

There are several projects that did raise much money last few months. I hope it means they were funded by those that did good research and really believed in the project, I assume this because volume is very low at exchanges, which is a clear sign not many people are currently buying/selling.

Anyway. One update that came across my time line was about a project named Spotcoin that has actually been working very hard with their private funds raised over the past few months, and now they revealed they will be launching their product, an exchange, within 2 months instead of somewhere next year (read their full update here). The good part, owning their tokens mean you get two types of dividends. One is related to the exchange fees. The other to their secondary sources of revenue (hydro-mining, otc). Another thing I like is that they are from Georgia (the country) and they are working hard to get the crypto adoption ball going....and are succeeding in it. The fun thing about this all? They did not postpone, they started their ICO last week and it runs until the 27th of October. Yes, they are not getting the many millions projects easily got back in January, but still they are doing great, so many people actually believe this could go somewhere Smiley.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:43:42 PM

Although in these days market is going down. many ico's are postponed their projects also.perhaps its a sign of negative. but l think many other reasons arising of postponing any projects .

the main important reason is a lack of investors and funds so you don't have to seek another reason. this step shows really bad days for ICO projects.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:46:05 PM

Now almost everyone is doing it, because the market is very weak and people do not want to invest their money in the ICO! Moreover, recently the same tokens on the exchanges, after their release can be bought cheaper than during the ICO! Therefore, now the developers have chosen a tactic which, in their opinion, will be the fruits of the fruits!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: