Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is better.... MINT, Blackcoin or CASH  (Read 1681 times)
suncoastbuddy (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:16:08 AM

I have been mining CASH for a while but i was wondering, hype aside, which coin do you think will be the better investment in the long run and why?

They are all POS coins and they will all be only POS in the future
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:23:48 AM

I have been mining CASH for a while but i was wondering, hype aside, which coin do you think will be the better investment in the long run and why?

They are all POS coins and they will all be only POS in the future

Mint still has a few weeks of mining, right? Maybe that? I got in on day one of Blackcoin. I think it is still undervalued, though, so unless you have a large hash rate (the diff is insane), you should buy Blackcoin asap. Just my $.02
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:21:54 AM

long run i'd say blackcoin, and i'm on it since day one.

I think the dev behind it is really strong, and more than a coin, he also have a good vision about economics in cryptos.

1% inflation is peanuts and assure the POS minting.

The long confirmation block is strong as well, and with that diff, it seems like the distribution will be really great (i think that it may become the best distributed coin of all.)

+ 0 premine
+ only 100m coins, which is way better than multiple billions coins, where value is dictated by the lack of decimals in bitcoin.

that was my 2 cents  Smiley
yashin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:28:51 AM

My vote goes to Blackcoin as well.

Incredibly well crafted and ZERO premine. Dev surely stood out amongst hundreds of other pump and dump alt coins.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:25:21 PM

1st Blackcoin:
0 premine ! 1% of annual stake but when you are minting you have chance that you will hit stack earlier.
it is interesting because big-stack holders not allays will have same profit as small stake holders.
many depends on luck system chose the one who will get extra stack.
Rising community good fair start block exploler at start no decreasing reward.
All was fair. THE BEST coin distribution i have ever seen at beginning.
richest wallets are flying around 100k most of then are pools or big mines who dump coins make it speard around this is good at beginning for people who want join.
And once again 0 pemine all what is happening arround this coin is about people involving in it.
Miners get fees for mining and secure hash power while minig coins secure stackholders.
In long rung run is better to have stable 1% and blind chance to hit stack than 20% income 1st year then leave coin and swicth to another.
1% stake+random stack make it more valuable for LONG run 0 premine secure price.
Blackcoin can be purchased in case of alternative mining random stake get you some extra chance to get stake faster
but u need run client while blocks are mining.(other coins don't mine itself that way !).
For that minnig you don't need ASICs just luck and just because of that luck that coins can be more valuable.

(i have Blackcoins about 20k)

2nd cash:

Some innovations there but all is risky.
10% inflation but is decreasing Inflation Rate is controlled (collared) by Stake (like interest payments) and Destruction of Transaction Fees.
This is diffrent aproach to coin but it makes stake holders more to use that coin or lose value.
(i don't have but i will consider buying some but it don't looks so sexy like Blackcoin and blind chance to stack)

3rd mintcoin i have bought some but 1% premine makes that coins 4.5% efective premine because of stacks.
This is like 1 of 26 coins will belong to Devs nice... you as community wont control that 4%... of coins and just becouse of that they were created from air there is high risk that some initial "investor" will cash out all coins at one before others will do the same. Look at PANDA coin case, coin was almost destroyed because of that behavior.
Developer will all-ways know before regulrar "johny" what is going on and cash out before he would do it.When everything is going in good direction there isno problem problem is there when black clousds surround coin and you can be fucked up you wont be never step.
Generally coin looks great shinnig sites all is like big adversiment but distribution looks like buy it for thirst year income : ) and sell for BC or even cash or something else.
In long run i don't see so much potential while people should join mint coin for long run.
(i have some Mintcoin about 250k Tongue )

4th There is is also NXT but for me is a bit scam kind coin (100% premine)
Stake hollers can always dump coin whenever they want.
Their initial cost was 0 so they can afford it if they own 50% of coins they will eat 50% of stake all time till party is over and mega DUMP.

5th PPC interesting coins 1st POS/POW coin.
PPC is also centralized so far.
PPC have many fans this coin is designed to be store of value.
Not a currency.
(I have few just in case)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Blackcoin i see some light if it would be just PPC clone i wont give it chance but with that unique blind chance of stack makes that coinattractive its like playing lotto everyday new opportunity to be richer.Then trauma hold or sold and you know that you won't mine them more.
This what make for me Blackcoin great low supply when party with mining is over.
And this coin can be new type of minig Smiley this is 1st coin with blind chance to stake remember that.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
TuxNut

Activity: 182

I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:47:03 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 12:29:05 AM by TuxNut

Off the bat, I'd like to point out that I've been mining CASH since day 3 (knew about it prior to launch, waited for any forking, dodgy launches etc..) and have been working to try and build the CASH community, however I'll be as unbiased as I can.
My opinions on BC and MINT are from what I've gleaned from the [ANN] OPs of each coin and a quick look at blocks/exchange rate etc.... Taken 75 minutes to look up info and type up this comment.
Also pointed in this direction by OP, who's promoting his own thread AND coin he's holding, with that lack of shame, could be corrupt banking CEO Wink

EDIT: Was asked a little later what I mean by mBC / mMINT etc...
We currently talk about the price in bitcoin, but we'll talk in mBTCs (thousandths of a bitcoin).
Hence CASH will go from 0.0001 BTC to 0.1 mBTC, making it far easier to tell the price without mistakenly adding or losing a zero. $1 = 1mBTC rather than 0.0001BTC.

BlackCoin:

Rate of release during PoW is way too high, it's just putting all the coin in the hands of a few early miners, will cause a big dump and the PoS reward is too low to bother holding on to it which could well cause the blockchain to grind to a halt as only the exchanges will have the coins giving them some serious control over it.

The rapid hard limit will cause the coin to plummet in price as well.
Might not be 'pre-mine' but with that rate of release, being the first to mine will have been huge.

Good number of coins though, will hold off the need for an "mBC day" for quite some time, should the coin become popular enough to be facing it like bitcoin is at present.

Don't like it much though, but happy to hear constructive arguments to the contrary, there must be some as it's already hit 131 pages in 2 weeks, so pretty chatty community.

MINT:
Heard Mint being mentioned a fair bit by some names I respect in these 'ere parts.

Again, the PoW isn't near long enough IMO, but the PoS initial reward I do like, however I worry that an insufficient number of people will be holding MINT for the blockchain to work properly, the exchanges will end up holding the bulk of the coins and I can't see many bothering to mine it when there are billions of coins in circulation and they're only going to get 1 per block

Don't like random block reward coins and the total number of coins is just silly, (1 Billion is my prefered number for clarity) and the 1% pre-mine is fair enough. Helps to pay for the infrastructure to get things moving early on, there's certainly plenty going on with the coin

Again, the PoW seems very rushed and the fixed timing of it far too contrived, like the devs want to get BTC out of it very quickly then decide whether to stick around or bugger off to another project. I hope the cynic in me is wrong, I don't like selfishness!

Has potential, but it'll be up to the community to ensure the blockchain keeps ticking along or it could grind to halt like BC probably will. The high PoS reward should help to stave that off to an extent but only if people keep their wallets open continuously.

High risk coin with high reward for the earliest miners but whether it'll still function correctly after 6 weeks will be interesting to see.

CASH:
Love the variable block reward inversely tracking with difficulty to discourage mining and extend the PoW period when popularity picks up (max 30 coins per block down to 1 I THINK), this will keep the blockchain ticking along until the coins are well distributed and able to be sustained by the PoS.

The total coin count is too low IMO, will see an mCASH day far sooner than may be required, it does however keep the price from being in the single/double digit satoshi range which just attracts speculators, causing an even more volatile price than would happen anyway due to being an alt-coin.

The lack of pre-mine has caused issues getting an infrasture in place quickly to gain attention for the coin early. While this may prove profitable for us early miners, it also runs the risk of the coin being overlooked long enough for it to fade into the ether and become a dying/dead coin. The community behind CASH is therefore small with few members able to help develop it (getting on coinmarketcap for example has taken far longer than it really should).

The name is a great positive for it though, one of the few decent names and thankfully has good technology behind it. The Dev team, while quite are doing a good job resolving the very few technical issues that have arisen (the usual stuff) and has managed to not require or suffer a fork of any kind, which is always comforting to see.

1 minute block, 6 confirmations is par for the course for PoW and 25 for PoS is pretty quick and destruction of transaction fees should keep inflation in check and discourage mining in the medium term.

Conclusion:

BC looks like crap
MINT could be really good if the community can carry it through the transition from PoW to wide PoS adoption and not sell out to the speculators who will ravage the crap out of it and not give a monkey's if they kill it in the process.
CASH surprise, surprise has the most potential to remain stable through the short and medium term and the 1% targeted inflation per year should balance the loss of Private Keys.

I look forward to reading the posts of those who know BC and MINT better than I do, my opinion here isn't well informed on either of those and this message should therefore be ignored if researching them. If you bash CASH, I may add to the flooding here in the UK.

Tired of how corrupt and  the world is? You're not alone
Take 2 hours to learn some stuff
Ardolafat

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:04:00 PM

HoboNickels
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:17:12 PM

I'm a fan of CASH good Stake coins always excite me though.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:58:48 PM

Mint is best long term, blackcoin would have been nice if you got in early on the zero day but the dump there will probably be worse than mint. Hence the need to drum up buy support quick. I don't think either will give you that quick 10x anymore, but still I think mint will be around for a while and if crypto grows it will grow with it.
suncoastbuddy (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:05:57 AM

The total coin count is too low IMO, will see an mCASH day far sooner than may be required, it does however keep the price from being in the single/double digit satoshi range which just attracts speculators, causing an even more volatile price than would happen anyway due to being an alt-coin.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by mCASH day?

I must admit I am holding some of each of them but mostly invested in CASH at the moment. I haven't been in crypto very long and am still learning so it is always good to hear others opinions.

The effective premine rate of mint concerns me especially once the pos kicks in and the diff of Blackcoin has put me out of the game pretty quickly with only 700 kh. I will be keeping an eye on all of them...

Thank you for your input
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:11:40 AM

Bitcorn
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:20:46 AM

He is saying mCASH as in micro units of CASHcoin
suncoastbuddy (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:22:19 AM

Thanks
TuxNut

Activity: 182

I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:27:58 AM

Thanks

Indeed.

Where we currently talk about the price in bitcoin, we'll talk in mBTCs (thousandths of a bitcoin).
Hence CASH will go from 0.0001 BTC to 0.1 mBTC, making it far easier to tell the price without mistakenly adding or losing a zero. $1 = 1mBTC rather than 0.0001BTC.
Will edit post to pop that in for anyone else who's yet to come across it.

Tired of how corrupt and  the world is? You're not alone
Take 2 hours to learn some stuff
evansearle42

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:33:20 AM

mintcoin!!!
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 08:28:57 AM

Here is my take:

MINT = designed to be mined in 1st month, price is way overpriced when all the hashing power leaves it. I was paying 4 satoshi for it, it can not go any higher than 40 for now.

BC = new, great looking coin .. very very overpriced since had 60Ghs on it, now has 30Ghs and only way is down.

CASH = had it's pump and dump from Crytpsy.

For pure profit, CASH. Other 2 can only go down from here, but will be good in a month again when the dump is over.

_________

CASH coin is the only one with something different for the long run. Technology behind it makes auto-switching pools a non-starter, and with current lack of advertising it is super underpriced.

Now .. there are 3 types of miners to cater for:

- Mega pools - they only chase profit and dump coins.
- Bigger miners - 5+ Mhs - can exploit difficulty drops and make a handsome profit.
- Smaller miners - less than 5MHs - can not exploit nearly as well and anything less than 1MHs is just not worth even bothering.

Right now CASH coin is for the smaller group to day trade, price does not make any difference to their profit, when price is low , diff drops .. which yields more coins PER Block, in the next block no less.

MINT is not for mining any longer, think only has a week to run. BC is, but I would wait for initial pump n dump to subside. For the peace of mind coin, or when sleeping/working and can't track difficulty .. mine CASH.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 08:16:30 AM

So .. as expected

MINT down 50%
BC down 75%

CASH down 20% but diff down 20% .. coin gain up 20% .. as far as I see it, same profit.

Aurora is insane .. diff up n down from 300 to 1300 .. the good ol difficulty exploit before Kimoto ruins is for the pumpers. $230mil market .. WELL DONE Iceland Smiley

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:14:15 AM

None of your named coins. In my opinion Aurora- and Nxtcoin are the future. Both stay very stable over the last days when all others drop because of bitcoins problems caused by Mtgox. You may call it relative strength of these both coins. Take a look at them  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: