Bitcoin Forum
April 17, 2024, 10:29:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 164699 times)
WiFiPunk

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:25:56 AM

Can't withdraw btc.

Error
Do you have a pop-up blocke active or did you manually change the URL?

Why fixing this issue is taking so long?

I have the same problem... I send both email and PM to Kumala 03/19... still no respond  Undecided
It doesn't seem like he's been very communicative with anybody recently,
and yeah this is getting pretty ridiculous.

I'm waiting another day before I trade to ppc and pull it out from there.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:03:48 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 03:31:11 PM by No_2

Ok, a "Frozen Funds" notice has just gone up on Vircurex.

*Cry*

Frozen Funds

In preparation of the following, we have with immediate effect stopped the possibilities to withdraw BTC, LTC, FTC and TRC. All incoming deposits will also not be credited to the users accounts for the time being.

On 24th March 2014 we will be freezing the current BTC, LTC, TRC and FTC accounts, then perform the below distribution of the available coins and reenable deposits and withdrawals. This action will also require us to delete all open sell orders for BTC, LTC, FTC and TRC.

As you may very well be aware, we had two incidents last year that lead to a loss of a significant number of BTC, LTC, FTC, TRC. We had communicated at that time that we will be covering those losses from our income, which we have done so far. We had enough coin balances in our cold wallet to upkeep our platform and the positive cashflow enabled us to gradually refill the wallets.
Unfortunately we had large fund withdrawals in the last weeks which have lead to a complete depletion of our cold wallet balance and we are now facing the option of either closing the site with significant unrecoverable losses for all or to work out a solution that allows the exchange to continue to operate and gradually pay back the losses.
We have obviously chosen the later and hence are going to do the following:
1. We will introduce an additional balance type called "Frozen Funds". Funds in this balance type cannot be used to trade or withdraw. Those are the balances that the exchange will gradually pay back and hence transfer back to the available balance over time.
2. We will move all current balances for BTC, LTC, TRC and FTC to the "Frozen Balance", i.e. your balance will be set to 0.
3. We'll take the current available cold storage balance and distribute it based on the below described distribution logic.
4. Monthly we will take the net profit of the exhchange and credit back that amount distributed to the users based on the described distribution logic.

The freezing of the balances is a one-time action, it does not affect future deposits in any ways.

Distribution logic
50% of the amount will be distributed top down and the other 50% will be distributed bottom up.
Top down means: credit the amount from the largest account balance down to the smaller accounts Bottom up: credit the amount from the smallest account balance to the larger accounts.
Example
User 1: 5 BTC
User 2: 4 BTC
User 3: 3 BTC
User 4: 3 BTC
User 5: 3 BTC
User 6: 3 BTC
User 7: 1 BTC

Amount to distribute: 12 BTC:
Step 1: Top down distribute 6 BTC:
User 1: Credit 5 BTC
User 2: Credit 1 BTC, remaining frozen balance = 3 BTC

Step 2: Bottom up distribute 6 BTC:
User 7: Credit 1 BTC
User 6: Credit 3 BTC
User 5: Credit 2 BTC, remaining frozen balance = 1 BTC

This approach has the advantages that
all users will eventually receive their funds, though the timeframe depends on the monthly volume available
new deposits and users are not penalized, thus supporting the ongoing operations of the platform
fund withdrawals from the available funds are guaranteed, no surprises or unecessary delays

We believe that this is the best way forward and hope for your support and understanding.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:15:43 PM

Sad

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
mooncake

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:56:50 PM

From Vircurex:

In preparation of the following, we have with immediate effect stopped the possibilities to withdraw BTC, LTC, FTC and TRC. All incoming deposits will also not be credited to the users accounts for the time being.

On 24th March 2014 we will be freezing the current BTC, LTC, TRC and FTC accounts, then perform the below distribution of the available coins and reenable deposits and withdrawals. This action will also require us to delete all open sell orders for BTC, LTC, FTC and TRC.

As you may very well be aware, we had two incidents last year that lead to a loss of a significant number of BTC, LTC, FTC, TRC. We had communicated at that time that we will be covering those losses from our income, which we have done so far. We had enough coin balances in our cold wallet to upkeep our platform and the positive cashflow enabled us to gradually refill the wallets.
Unfortunately we had large fund withdrawals in the last weeks which have lead to a complete depletion of our cold wallet balance and we are now facing the option of either closing the site with significant unrecoverable losses for all or to work out a solution that allows the exchange to continue to operate and gradually pay back the losses.
We have obviously chosen the later and hence are going to do the following:
1. We will introduce an additional balance type called "Frozen Funds". Funds in this balance type cannot be used to trade or withdraw. Those are the balances that the exchange will gradually pay back and hence transfer back to the available balance over time.
2. We will move all current balances for BTC, LTC, TRC and FTC to the "Frozen Balance", i.e. your balance will be set to 0.
3. We'll take the current available cold storage balance and distribute it based on the below described distribution logic.
4. Monthly we will take the net profit of the exhchange and credit back that amount distributed to the users based on the described distribution logic.

The freezing of the balances is a one-time action, it does not affect future deposits in any ways.

Distribution logic
50% of the amount will be distributed top down and the other 50% will be distributed bottom up.
Top down means: credit the amount from the largest account balance down to the smaller accounts Bottom up: credit the amount from the smallest account balance to the larger accounts.
Example
User 1: 5 BTC
User 2: 4 BTC
User 3: 3 BTC
User 4: 3 BTC
User 5: 3 BTC
User 6: 3 BTC
User 7: 1 BTC

Amount to distribute: 12 BTC:
Step 1: Top down distribute 6 BTC:
User 1: Credit 5 BTC
User 2: Credit 1 BTC, remaining frozen balance = 3 BTC

Step 2: Bottom up distribute 6 BTC:
User 7: Credit 1 BTC
User 6: Credit 3 BTC
User 5: Credit 2 BTC, remaining frozen balance = 1 BTC

This approach has the advantages that
all users will eventually receive their funds, though the timeframe depends on the monthly volume available
new deposits and users are not penalized, thus supporting the ongoing operations of the platform
fund withdrawals from the available funds are guaranteed, no surprises or unecessary delays

We believe that this is the best way forward and hope for your support and understanding.
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 01:02:41 PM

Wow, just wow.  I really wonder how many coins we are talking about here?

Another one bites the dust I guess.

I wonder how many other exchanges are operating under the same conditions right now.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:14:32 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 01:33:29 PM by gustav

i used it last days to trade some vtc and i am really not amused by what has happened. I have no idea why it should be ok that an exchange can steal my money at any moment. It is not. Vircurex is responsible for their security. They obviously can't handle security and i should pay now for them being unable to take care? Why should i pay for someone elses losses? I wasn't even on that exchange when the losses occured. No exchange gives back what they earn from fees - so why should they take from customers what they lost to hacks because they were incompetent? Winings occur - exchange keeps it. Losses occur - customers pay? Is it like that?
I will not come back.
Imagine this is the new fashion now. All exchanges start to steal money from customers. This is not funny. I feel violated.

What in effect is happening right now is that everybody buys all the coins they can withdraw and is out then. I feel sorry for the bagholders that are left there because they happen not to be online while everybody else buys all the withdrawable coins up 200% and leaves. Vircurex might not even be able to pay back those poor bastards left there in the end.

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 01:16:33 PM

I am getting pretty tired of giving my hard earned money away... for god sake I was only having the funds on the exchange briefly to cash my LTC... and now, gone.

mooncake

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:22:41 PM

While you can, trade your holdings into other coins like VTC, NXT or DOGE, then withdraw everything. You will suffer loss but should still get back most of the value of your previous holdings.
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 02:03:30 PM

Can anybody see their "frozen funds" in the interface yet?
My funds are still in floating in limbo...

mooncake

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:11:14 PM

Fund is not frozen yet. You can still trade with the fund.
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 02:15:28 PM

Fund is not frozen yet. You can still trade with the fund.

Well, that depends... I made a BTC redraw 19 Mar, was never executed completely (no tx id), I assume that the hot wallet was empty.  Those funds stuck there can certainly not be used for trading (else would I have got em far away long time ago).

mhps

Activity: 516

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:20:30 PM

My frozen fund is 0, with a BTC balance is less than 1. Since the frozen is supposed to take effect immediately, I assume I am the ones who got full credit. If that is true I will keep trading on vircurex.

Let's face it, there is almost no exchange these days that 1) has a history long enough to have climbed the learning curve to run a crypto-exchange 2) explains what happens to customers 3) not manipulate the market. I am trading on several places to reduce risks. Vircurex has stumbled before. I hope what didn't kill it has made it stronger.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
vilgem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:27:00 PM

I'm sorry but it sounds like Vircurex owners are trying to solve their own promlems for our hard-earned money. I was wondering why some alts exchange rate went up recently (VTC for example). Now I see the reasons for this. If you are an exchange owner and you wanna an alt-coin exchange rate to go up to the sky, just stop withdrawing everything except for this alt-coin. Easy success formula.

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:28:22 PM

Have anyone's funds actually been frozen, i.e. become untradeable on Vircurex? The announcement says the freezing of funds is effective from the 24th which is tomorrow for me (I'm on GMT).

I am still able to trade but cannot withdraw BTC, LTC or FTC. Have not tired TRC.

I'm wondering if it is even possible in most cases to make up for lost balances on a currency undergoing massive deflation, it simply may not be possible. I think any exchange trying to do this will only ever likely be able to pay back diminishing returns against losses...
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:51:46 PM

The proposed distribution scheme for left-over funds is stupid. With their approach, the very large accounts and the very small accounts will get full refunds, while everyone in between won't get anything. With confidence unlikely to be restored, it's not just a matter of waiting for those in the middle of the pack. Why on earth not go with the fairest and most obvious approach of distributing remaining funds proportionally?

Note: I have no funds on this website and my statement is that of an outside observer.
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:11:05 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 05:41:23 PM by Arbitrageur

how could they make SEVERAL withdrawals from the cold wallet?? the cold wallet is offline. even if it's online to replenish the hot wallet, someone can hack and do ONE withdrawal without them realizing the steal. not a few, not many, not several. unbelievable. this is a new fashion, if the fat imbecile is going away with a 450+m heist, why not rob some peanuts here and there?'

the distribution method is also stupid. as someone said above, it leaves the middle account with nothing. I felt this was coming, but not on vircurex, one of the oldest exchange around. I trusted this guys. disappointed, massively.

EDIT: i read too quickly, ok, large withdrawals that were legit, not hack. so they were basically working under fractional reserve.
Test User

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Miner and technician

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:34:52 PM

The proposed distribution scheme for left-over funds is stupid. With their approach, the very large accounts and the very small accounts will get full refunds, while everyone in between won't get anything. With confidence unlikely to be restored, it's not just a matter of waiting for those in the middle of the pack. Why on earth not go with the fairest and most obvious approach of distributing remaining funds proportionally?

Because insiders have large balances, and they want to protect themselves.
By also protecting the smallest customers, you minimize the total number of affected customers, and therefore minimize the risk of lawsuits.

Donations welcome - BTC: 1f52PwRLHkN4w5uBY6EccKiDYqpLkh13y     DOGE: DCg65AKPG76X5LEtWCqfyRj4a6apYRHR8j
Trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432215.0
LancienMaleAlpha

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:43:34 PM

I see we can Sell BTC for USD, is it easy to withdraw USD? I never deposit.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:55:14 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 05:07:34 PM by gustav

funds are forzen 24th today is 23rd.
Those who can read have clear advantage Wink
And it is very clear to me that this will be the new fashion. Every other exchange one by one will claim to have been 'hacked' and steal your money. We should not let that happen. Because if we do they will repeat after round 1. Right now i am withdrawing about all coins from all exchanges. I am sick of this scammers party.  If they can't handle security, they have to raise fees to cover losses, but can't just take the funds like that! It is very close to stealing. The logic behind this is "we have been robbed so we rob someone else so that we don't have to take the losses". Every exchange that gives losses to customers should give winnings also to customers in the future. Everything else is not honest. How many percent do they cover? 100% losses goes to customer? Why not 100% tradingfees also back to customer? If they can just pass losses to customers like that why should they ever care about security?
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:02:13 PM

Have anyone's funds actually been frozen, i.e. become untradeable on Vircurex? The announcement says the freezing of funds is effective from the 24th which is tomorrow for me (I'm on GMT).

I am still able to trade but cannot withdraw BTC, LTC or FTC. Have not tired TRC.

Not sure about others, but I have a withdrawal from Wednesday which became stuck, and I've been trying to get them to unstick. As a result, I have 0.6BTC I'd have withdrawn days ago if I could have, but it doesn't even show on my account.

Hoping existing withdrawals may be actioned, but not expecting.

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: