Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:46:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 164690 times)
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:33:24 PM

By definition of book value, if Vircurex was shut down at the end of May, and everything got liquidated, shareholders will be left with -102.33 BTC.

and that was at the end of may.
in theory that loss would concern the shareholders only. funds gone... shareholders wiped out. customer deposits replaced with company capital (2149.7705 btc at that time).

net loss 102 btc and something, just a mere 10% of total holdings at that time.

so how is that possible that now he's stopped withdrawals? did the deficit grow larger instead of being filled?
it's all so fishy!

with all the fees collected in these months the 102 btc deficit should have been totally recovered. clients deposits should be fully accounted for. instead the shareholders value would be approximately zero, because of the hack perpetrated in may. so why has this happened?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:40:38 PM

From the May 2013 report:

The total losses of the security breach are
1454 BTC
225,263 TRC
23,400 LTC

That's a lot of BTC and LTC that's going to get confiscated!

People should have gotten out then. They said at the time it would take 9 to 12 months to recover that, and then they cut their fees.

They should have assessed the situation right then, instead they tried to go fractional and didn't make it, fucking over more people in the process.
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:47:41 PM

1454 BTC
225,263 TRC
23,400 LTC

People should have gotten out then. They said at the time it would take 9 to 12 months to recover that, and then they cut their fees.

They should have assessed the situation right then, instead they tried to go fractional and didn't make it, fucking over more people in the process.

Unfortunately _now_ is when I'm finding out they lost that much Bitcoin, having started trading in January this year.

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
lishbtc

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:05:24 PM

I don't know how they're claiming to be anything but a bunch of dirty scumbag thieves.

About two hours after they announced this, I made the mistake of depositing around 5 BTC to Vircurex.  There was not a single notice, warning or any other notification anywhere on the login, deposit, or trading pages.  Even checked the FAQ about deposit times, no warnings in there either.  They created a new deposit address for me, please deposit away!  Because I don't sit researching crypto news 24/7 I had no idea.

Then the money never shows up, I go researching, and see they've made this announcement, just not put any warnings on their own site (I did find an announcements page after the fact, but you have to look for it).

They've said customer deposits just won't be credited?  Then in the same statement they say future deposits won't be affected?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Well that's almost 3 grand down the tube for me.  After Gox as well - is anyone else getting sick of this?  I'm seriously considering starting a bounty on the heads of these exchange guys.  NOTHING ILLEGAL - just a bounty to use all LEGAL (common law) means to bring these guys to task for the money they are stealing.  Mark 'finds' quarter of a million bitcoins?  Vircurex take a new customers deposit and give it to old customers?  It's our own fault as a community - I genuinely believe that - we have no 'teeth' & are all so concerned with making the next dollar that we allow people to manipulate and steal from us without making any effort to ensure those party to these things take responsibility for their actions.

Crypto will die because of these guys - and we all bear just as much responsibility for allowing it to happen.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:15:25 PM

I don't know how they're claiming to be anything but a bunch of dirty scumbag thieves.

About two hours after they announced this, I made the mistake of depositing around 5 BTC to Vircurex.  There was not a single notice, warning or any other notification anywhere on the login, deposit, or trading pages.  Even checked the FAQ about deposit times, no warnings in there either.  They created a new deposit address for me, please deposit away!  Because I don't sit researching crypto news 24/7 I had no idea.

Then the money never shows up, I go researching, and see they've made this announcement, just not put any warnings on their own site (I did find an announcements page after the fact, but you have to look for it).

They've said customer deposits just won't be credited?  Then in the same statement they say future deposits won't be affected?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Well that's almost 3 grand down the tube for me.  After Gox as well - is anyone else getting sick of this?  I'm seriously considering starting a bounty on the heads of these exchange guys.  NOTHING ILLEGAL - just a bounty to use all LEGAL (common law) means to bring these guys to task for the money they are stealing.  Mark 'finds' quarter of a million bitcoins?  Vircurex take a new customers deposit and give it to old customers?  It's our own fault as a community - I genuinely believe that - we have no 'teeth' & are all so concerned with making the next dollar that we allow people to manipulate and steal from us without making any effort to ensure those party to these things take responsibility for their actions.

Crypto will die because of these guys - and we all bear just as much responsibility for allowing it to happen.

Agree with you that the notice not obvious.

It's not obvious on their front page.

I did not know about it until I noticed a comment on the BTC-E trollbox.  I searched for it through google and then logged into Vircurex.  Only to find the notice in the news.   

I immediately moved out all my NMC and IXC from the exchange.

Tried BTC, but it would not allow me,  so I did the next best thing,  pick the most liquid coin and use it to get my BTC out.   Lost about 30% of my BTC in the process.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 08:31:05 PM

About two hours after they announced this, I made the mistake of depositing around 5 BTC to Vircurex.  There was not a single notice, warning or any other notification anywhere on the login, deposit, or trading pages.  Even checked the FAQ about deposit times, no warnings in there either.  They created a new deposit address for me, please deposit away!  Because I don't sit researching crypto news 24/7 I had no idea.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

It's not more than 4 month ago BIPS "lost" 1295 BTC - today I am still not convenience that it was a hack, how can you both loose everything in hot-wallets and cold-storage at in a "top modern high secure datacenter"... lot of talk about lawsuits back then... but nothing really happened, the owner walks away.

Btw. I am sorry for your loss, I know how it feels, I have lost way to many bitcoins myself due to all these thieves.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:47:25 PM

Has anyone successfully withdrawn any of the other coins ?

Yesterday I was able to withdraw doge.  Three cheers for the "joke" coin, it let me salvage 90% of my btc at Vircurex.

I just can't believe this oldest of alt coin exchanges is going down like this.  Such a damn shame.
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:51:56 PM

"Earn interest on BTC, LTC and PPC account balances
We now pay interest on BTC, LTC, PPC, NVC and WDC account balances, they are paid multiple times every day.
"

you have been vercuroxt
lishbtc

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:57:59 PM

About two hours after they announced this, I made the mistake of depositing around 5 BTC to Vircurex.  There was not a single notice, warning or any other notification anywhere on the login, deposit, or trading pages.  Even checked the FAQ about deposit times, no warnings in there either.  They created a new deposit address for me, please deposit away!  Because I don't sit researching crypto news 24/7 I had no idea.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

It's not more than 4 month ago BIPS "lost" 1295 BTC - today I am still not convenience that it was a hack, how can you both loose everything in hot-wallets and cold-storage at in a "top modern high secure datacenter"... lot of talk about lawsuits back then... but nothing really happened, the owner walks away.

Btw. I am sorry for your loss, I know how it feels, I have lost way to many bitcoins myself due to all these thieves.

Thanks Smiley

Yeah that's kind of my point - we all b*tch and moan but we're all talk (not pointing fingers, just stereo-typing our entire community Tongue). Nothing ever gets done and that's half the problem - if you take away the fear of being punished then it's just easy money for those with shall we say a less than ideal conscience.

I was incredibly surprised how silent the Bitcoin Foundation was in the whole Gox debacle, I was expecting public advisories etc but they also just sat back chilling while many of their supporters money went up in flames.

I do strongly believe in Crypto, but the last couple of months have been a huge eye opener in watching what people can get away with and how impotent the responses are Sad

shmoula

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:01:36 PM

1454 BTC
225,263 TRC
23,400 LTC

1) at 2013-05 were BTC for under $200
2) investors were assured that it takes 9-12 months to recover that lost - from fees (and after 10 months: "aaaand, it's gone!")

Habbeat - beat your habits more effective way!!!
Always empty box(no cat also no coin): 1SHM1tiur2iNBCVxCBr7vAJ84PrPZ6d6v
Itsko

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:23:27 PM

Hi guys..
I saw only now those bad news!  Angry
I have there some amount of money (not a lot at all,for LTC trade).
i just dont find a way to buy some other coins there to save my money,i can only buy LTC or BTC,
how can i buy some NMC or maybe DGC?

tnx!
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 09:29:51 PM

We now pay interest on BTC, LTC, PPC, NVC and WDC account balances, they are paid multiple times every day.
"

you have been vercuroxt

Kind of obvious, now - interest was paid to try to encourage people to keep a balance at Vircurex, to prevent this sort of run on the bank.

daeminium

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:40:37 PM

Hi guys..
i just dont find a way to buy some other coins there to save my money,i can only buy LTC or BTC,

tnx!

LTC/BTC -> DOGE/BTC -> Doges go home?
LTC/BTC -> NMC/BTC -> NMC go home?
Itsko

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:53:37 PM

Hi guys..

tnx!

LTC/BTC -> DOGE/BTC -> Doges go home?
LTC/BTC -> NMC/BTC -> NMC go home?
i am not understanding what you says   
pleas explain in simple english...
thanks
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 11:11:03 PM

"

you have been vercuroxt

Kind of obvious, now - interest was paid to try to encourage people to keep a balance at Vircurex, to prevent this sort of run on the bank.

Vircurex found a very friendly way to thank them, taking half of their money!

CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:24:18 PM

Don't blame the data center...no matter how good a data center is they can not stop bad coding. Blame the coders! Smiley

Itsko

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:24:52 PM

Well i made it,i take off my money out from that shitty place...
left there some 0.00004 something to screw with Tongue
This is a very bad situation,couple of my friends that also use crypto actually told me that after the GoX crush there will be a lot of "crushes" like that in the other market places.
I didn't belived them but it seems to be true...
But still the Bitcoin idea looks stronger then any of those bad ass peoples...
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:25:00 PM

is it going to be only half?? is that your guess?
leoragraves666

Activity: 227

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:54:43 AM

2 btc stuck...

PC & Mac repairs
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:55:44 AM

They are now 'open' again.  All of my FTC was available to me and I pulled it.  I has arrived at it's destination so the withdrawals are working for FTC. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: