Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2018, 02:10:55 PM *
News: Make sure you are not using versions of Bitcoin Core other than 0.17.0 [Torrent], 0.16.3, 0.15.2, or 0.14.3. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is not advisable!  (Read 3151 times)
doomistake

Activity: 854
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:55:21 PM

Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.

NO, it is not. Holding cryptocurrency doesn't mean that you don't have any knowledge about it, it is just a simple strategy that instead on losing profits on the panic selling, you would rather hold your tokens and wait, but also, it could the other way around just like what you have said. Hodling is a wise idea for me and not for those people who don't know how to Trade their tokens, in my opinion.

But sometimes, too much hodling could lead on losing your profits because of your greed, so be wise and be active on daily trading prices of the tokens you are holding.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
haidil

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Republia Ambassador

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:08:43 PM

That's right, don't hold a lot of coins, because the basis for trading is to buy when it's cheap and sell when it's profitable. many tutors about learning to trade

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
R  E  P  U  B  L  I  A
PRE-SALE :  23.08 - 23.09
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   █
Highly Efficient Technology
Secure & Transparent
Full Democracy
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
StephenieDuong

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:34:01 PM

I like the ways you suggest to not Hold in crypto and i agree with those advise. I holding few coins for few months and i get some profit, but most of them now gone because of the market downtrend. Holding without knowledge is really dangerous and you guys should consider before hold some.

jony35490

Activity: 257
Merit: 5

I respect everyone

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 04:34:53 PM

This is the fault of a person who's not doing his/her own research regarding the coin you are to invest to. This is not great for you to execute your trades. If the coin you're trading is sht, then TP out immediately after winning a trade. That's how it goes.
I agree with you. That if you choosen a shit coin then you just need to wait some time to get some profits. After getting some profits you need to sell off your coin to be safee from losses and if you want to get good amount of profits by long-term hold then you need to choose top coin like Bitcoin.

XCT CLUB  |  xCrypt - Blockchain Ecosystem
▰▰▰  ▲▼  PRE - ICO Sale is Live!  ▲▼  ▰▰▰
Cliparts

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:48:10 PM

In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

Of course holding something without any goal or limit when to sell or buy out would cause you missed opportunity to sell high. Holding is not for everyone, some people hold for greater profit depends on the coin you hold. not all coin or token deserve to be hold. 
Yes it is not good to hold without any reason if we will hold our coin to have profit, the more we will hold the more it will rise in price and our income will be more than double, it is very important to hold when the market is low and selling will cause a big lose for you, it is good to sell if price is high in market but if price will be low so you will have to hold at lower price.
Glemiv

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:03:18 PM

indeed holding assets for too long is not recommended, this will only make you an audience in crypto currency trading, because we all don't know when the value of coins will rise or fall again
Rustamm

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:47:06 PM

Not all investors can actively trade in the Crypto currency at the exchange. Someone does not have enough time for this, someone just can not do it. Therefore, a significant part of the holders of the crypto currency will vseravno simply keep it in the hope of making a profit from its growth in price. During the growth of the crypto-currency market, retention brings a good profit, however, during the period of its fall or stagnation, as now, only retaining profits does not bring. Those who can not constantly trade, it is better to trade with coins and tokens for a period of time at large price increases and falls. This is the most optimal for making a profit.

Edraket31

Activity: 924
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:40:59 PM

Not all investors can actively trade in the Crypto currency at the exchange. Someone does not have enough time for this, someone just can not do it. Therefore, a significant part of the holders of the crypto currency will vseravno simply keep it in the hope of making a profit from its growth in price. During the growth of the crypto-currency market, retention brings a good profit, however, during the period of its fall or stagnation, as now, only retaining profits does not bring. Those who can not constantly trade, it is better to trade with coins and tokens for a period of time at large price increases and falls. This is the most optimal for making a profit.
That is right, hodl is not advisable if you are not a risk taker and it causing you depression with the market, that is why we need to keep calm with the situation right now as no one knows and can tell when will the market recover, it may take month or so before it will happen, so just hodl for a while or withdraw if you are in panic mode.
Mikado$

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:46:42 PM

Perhaps the downward trend since the beginning of the year is causing panic in the investor and community psychology -> actually said hold is gradually failing. Because the market is not showing signs of stability and if you are not alert, you can become their grill.
ShineftChaos

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:31:35 PM

I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

Holding at the moment is very necessary because the market price is dropping so hard and in order for you not to lose your coins then you should invest harder today or hold even more.

Crafty919

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:53:21 PM

I believe in holding and adding on more as I go along.
coinluisa

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:57:13 PM

I think holding is depending to what funds you have because if the coin don't have future why we need to hold it? So I think there's nothing wrong if people choose to hold than to sell it. And it doesn't that you hold for long time you don't have any idea about trading some people choose a right time to make a good profit.

bitcoin31

Activity: 882
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:29:17 PM

Holding a coin is advisable because you can get many profit on that because you wait the price increase.
If you want to hold make sure the coin is potential that gives you more money after few years.

gayan7788

Activity: 195
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:23:16 AM

It's not advisable to take anyone's say on the currency, do your homework.
Apart from buying the currency, there are other ways of investing in it
-Trading in bitcoin which requires actively buying at a low price and selling when the price goes up within a short time. It requires knowledge and practice

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 561
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:48:08 AM

When the market is difficult, waiting, holding or selling looks wrong, but for me when the market is dark, hold is the right choice, remember that hold for profit is better than selling with a loss position.

CenaCena

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:02:11 PM

You're right. I appreciate your thoughts. For an experienced trader HODLing isn't probably the best thing to do, but all people are different and some of them are not ready to leave their comfort zone; on the other hand, they will never learn how to trade unless and until they do leave their comfort zone. However, forcing them to stop HODLing in favor of trading might not be appropriate for everyone on this forum.
segogoreng89

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:03:29 PM

there are times when you hold a coin and when you sell coins, recognize the market situation, you may be able to do market analysis to maximize results, maybe for that time it cannot be determined because prices tend to fluctuate, take advantage of opportunities and don't hesitate to make decisions. My advice is not only focus on bitcoin can with ETH, ripple, BCH ctc.
SCRAPYCOCO

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:17:33 PM

From my personal experience, holdear is a good option, just many people make a long-term investment, taking into account the characteristics of the crypto, of course, you may after a while sell it at a much higher price than the one you bought it.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
gayan777

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

"FIRST SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO INFRASTRUCTURE"

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 03:50:06 PM

Stay on top the dynamic changes in prices of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. If your earnings are tied to the price of bitcoin, especially if you are in mining or trading, we are your source for up-to-date price averages and indices. Follow any change in the exchange rate of various cryptocurrency types, as well as total volumes of buying and selling cryptocurrencies in real time.

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ───────  Join our ICO:  July. 15- Oct. 31
rl]
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 328

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:00:53 PM

Stay on top the dynamic changes in prices of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. If your earnings are tied to the price of bitcoin, especially if you are in mining or trading, we are your source for up-to-date price averages and indices. Follow any change in the exchange rate of various cryptocurrency types, as well as total volumes of buying and selling cryptocurrencies in real time.
Everything is really depend on the price, HODL is advisable during dip, because if we sell on dip we can maybe lose a huge amount of profit. I believe that this dip is an opportunity and not a good time to sell and if we are going to hold we must always put a basis on the price not on the that advice us on what we are going to do because they also didn't even know when bitcoin or maybe crypto will rise.

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █