Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:13:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using S1 AntMiners as Heaters for "Bitcoin House" Project  (Read 2974 times)
Teodor (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:11:03 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 04:46:35 PM by Teodor

Just trying to get ideas and a team for implementing and promoting the "Bitcoin House" Project, which
means a house heated by BTC miners and getting profits instead of paying for heating that house.

2 of these miners can heat a 2-room 46 sq.m. house and produce 380-400GH/s hashing power.

I am an eco house builder since ancient times... now borred of building the same static and standard houses
so let's try to create together a house that will be very affordable to anyone and still will be heated by
BTC and altcoin miners  Smiley

The house I propose to be heated in this way is an energy independent Fan House, invented by a
teacher from my city - Iasi, RO - and rewarded with Gold Medal at the Macao Inventics Exhibition in 2013.

Price for 2 room  46 sq.m. Bitcoin Fan House = 15000 Euro
3W solar photovoltaic panels = 3500 Euro
Price of 2 ANTMiners, maximum = 1500 Euro
Don't need foundation, just a small piece of land with utilities.
Total = 20000 Euro.

Video and details  soon: http://www.austrocasa.ro/international/bitcoin-house-project

For those who have no idea about mining BTC but want such house, we provide training or
total BTC & Altcoin+ mining pool management services.

What do you think? Crazy idea or possible to put into practice? Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:55:29 AM

Do AntMiners really generate that much heat? Noise is also a problem too.

I heard that it costs less to just heat your house conventionally, rather than using miners which waste electricity.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:58:39 AM

Do AntMiners really generate that much heat? Noise is also a problem too.
I heard that it costs less to just heat your house conventionally, rather than using miners which waste electricity.

Cannot cost less, as you pay for it, but with miners you make some profit and after few month, depending on hashing power, you get back your investment, then start making profit. And the noise of AntMiners is much lower than of Avalons, for example, also it can be placed in a living room or a separate room with hot air redirection, so no problem with the noise.

right now I have 2 ANTMiners and 1 Avalon and let the heat to come into living room from a separate room in which the temperature is 28 Celsius degrees... so few degrees are sent to the living room... However, we just test everything. In the summer time will be a problem to eliminate the heat or send it to a swimming pool! We will see.

r1senfa17h

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:10:07 AM

I'm in Michigan (10° F) and have been heating my home with AntMiners for the last month and a half. It takes about 24 to maintain a comfortable 70° F. They are all in my basement and I have fans moving the heat upstairs. For reference, my home is around 3600 sq ft if you include the basement. When the ambient temperature gets over 20° F, I have to pull cool air in through the basement windows with additional fans.

http://youtu.be/5b466HLaZeE

1N3o5Kyvb4iECiJ3WKScKY8xTVXxf1hMvA
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:37:47 AM

I'm in Michigan (10° F) and have been heating my home with AntMiners for the last month and a half. It takes about 24 to maintain a comfortable 70° F. They are all in my basement and I have fans moving the heat upstairs. For reference, my home is around 3600 sq ft if you include the basement. When the ambient temperature gets over 20° F, I have to pull cool air in through the basement windows with additional fans.
I like this. Thanks for sharing, it means it is possible to do it!  Smiley
I was living in Michigan for almost 4 years, the weather is almost the same as here in Iasi, RO, where I live now.

Profetu

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:27:13 PM

This is a good idea. But since I don't own an Antminter I have no idea how much heat it produces. But atm in Romania one 4xGPU rig on scrypt per room is enough. The problem is the noise but you can put the rigs in the same room/closet and use a fan system to spread the heat.
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:57:11 PM

This is a good idea. But since I don't own an Antminter I have no idea how much heat it produces. But atm in Romania one 4xGPU rig on scrypt per room is enough. The problem is the noise but you can put the rigs in the same room/closet and use a fan system to spread the heat.
I have two S1 180hgs Antminers and one 200ghs Avalon miner in the same room now (22 square metters surface) and the temp is 28 Celsius degrees, with the door and 2 windows opened. Outside temp aprox. 6 C degrees. In the summer I might be forced to move the rigs in a cold basement!

Antminers make low noise  Smiley but Avalon is very noisy  Sad

However, together with our architect partner, we are working to create a house that can fit all these and being designed to the best results regarding temp and quietness.

lphelps

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:11:42 PM

you would be better to just buy a pallet of 20 solar panels and a inverter to power a heater.. you can get a pallet of 305 watt panels for $5200 and an inverter for a gridtie system totaling about $10K. That would get you about 850kwh a month. Either use the power to supplement your central heating system or buy some oil filled radiators to produce enough heat to keep your house warm.

http://www.wholesalesolar.com/gridtie.html
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:26:59 PM

you would be better to just buy a pallet of 20 solar panels and a inverter to power a heater.. you can get a pallet of 305 watt panels for $5200 and an inverter for a gridtie system totaling about $10K. That would get you about 850kwh a month. Either use the power to supplement your central heating system or buy some oil filled radiators to produce enough heat to keep your house warm.
http://www.wholesalesolar.com/gridtie.html

We have PV panels and use a lot: http://gambia.austrocasa.ro/monocrystalline-photovoltaic-modules/
But they are very high priced, as "jackals" are controlling the prices on this international market! Only few Chinese companies are out of this league, the rest are price "protected"...

Need something diferent, free and out of jackals control! Also, those do not produce profir, bitcoins and altcoins yes, produce profits.

We can get now 1.2TH machines for $5000 and the power they consume is low around 800W, so the heat got from this machine might be enough for heating this house, for example: http://www.austrocasa.ro/ecocasa-bucovina/ (hope you have google translator).

freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:49:40 PM

But with the life expectancy of current mining equipment, this doesn't seem very eco-friendly, it's going to create a lot of waste... just an observation, don't want to bash your idea.

I've also wondered about better ways to utilize the heat created from these things. The amount heat that some of these larger operations are wasting out into the atmosphere, must be enormous. Perhaps future mining projects will design around this to increase their returns.

Good luck!

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:40:03 PM

But with the life expectancy of current mining equipment, this doesn't seem very eco-friendly, it's going to create a lot of waste... just an observation, don't want to bash your idea.
I've also wondered about better ways to utilize the heat created from these things. The amount heat that some of these larger operations are wasting out into the atmosphere, must be enormous. Perhaps future mining projects will design around this to increase their returns.
Good luck!
It is just an idea, but you're right it is somehow a paradox... however, we are studying the possibility to integrate out PV panels into system. However, these miners have a limited life, depending on bitcoins mining end...
As you say there are many other machines that are producing and wasting heat, some applications are already in use, recovering heat from elelctrical power stations, etc.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:37:57 PM

You have 24 ant miners...  Jealous.. this is my future plan.  Well maybe not ant miners but a lot of hashing power.
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:11:00 PM

You have 24 ant miners...  Jealous.. this is my future plan.  Well maybe not ant miners but a lot of hashing power.

It is not too late for so much hashing power?? It's ok only if you can buy it for a very low price, probably unde $1 / Ghs, otherwise is waste of money and time...

altcoinguru

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:51:10 PM

Insightful thread.  I'm considering investing in an Antminer...appears a new model will be released in the near future. 

Hopefully it'll produce less heat than the current version?

It'd be great if Antminers would be this sleek and energy efficient: https://www.flowertechnology.com/product/orchid/
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:08:01 PM

Insightful thread.  I'm considering investing in an Antminer...appears a new model will be released in the near future. 
It'd be great if Antminers would be this sleek and energy efficient: https://www.flowertechnology.com/product/orchid/
Do you think this 10 MH Orchid Scrypt Miner is real? The price seems to be excellent for 10,000 KHs !
Or, am I wrong...  Huh

cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:46:04 AM

At some point, the power used to run the antminer will not produce enough revenue from bitcoin mining to pay the electricity bill it will take to run the machine. You also need a plan to deal with the heat during the summer.
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:51:50 AM

Do you think this 10 MH Orchid Scrypt Miner is real? The price seems to be excellent for 10,000 KHs !
Or, am I wrong...  Huh
This is out of topic but to close it just want to mention that both those sites - Flower Technology & Alpha Technology - and all info there is almost the same and they seem to be real scammers!! So be very careful if you think to order those inexisting things...
I dont't know who coppied and who made the site first and if it not the same author behind them Huh
For more details google them and look at this forum and at reddit articles about them, all show bad reputation and lead to the concusion of possible scams..

Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:53:27 AM

At some point, the power used to run the antminer will not produce enough revenue from bitcoin mining to pay the electricity bill it will take to run the machine. You also need a plan to deal with the heat during the summer.
One idea for summer time is to direct the heat to a swimming pool. Other ideas are welcomed! Smiley

icet208

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:06:05 AM

to OP..good idea..I think a big problem is the miners life...they sure aren't built to last for years..
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:10:32 AM

to OP..good idea..I think a big problem is the miners life...they sure aren't built to last for years..
Yes, but this is not main source but additional... for saving some money, for main heating we have different systems: solar, wood, electrical.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: