Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want the logo to be changed?
Yes, a new logo sounds great - 10 (66.7%)
No, current logo is the best - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][66] ★Coin 66★ - Hard Fork - Mandatory Update - 2014/04/04  (Read 41029 times)
marty1972

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:01:16 AM

Hi segaazel,

Absolutely true my friend. Regarding everyone's contribution I could happily say "Every Little Helps"!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
segaazel

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:35:59 AM

Hi segaazel,

Absolutely true my friend. Regarding everyone's contribution I could happily say "Every Little Helps"!

Thanks!  Smiley
Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:28:30 AM

Good idea, as I understand it is swaping?? I am in, but you need to inform us who will be leader, who is devs, who is in marketing,do we have source, what about quantity, what about blocks (their speed and award per block)...etc.?

So there is number of question which needs answers here. Dont want to slow down these but we need fair devteam who can put up this coin!
SaintFrantic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:44:10 AM

Good idea, as I understand it is swaping?? I am in, but you need to inform us who will be leader, who is devs, who is in marketing,do we have source, what about quantity, what about blocks (their speed and award per block)...etc.?

So there is number of question which needs answers here. Dont want to slow down these but we need fair devteam who can put up this coin!
I personally want to raise the amount of coins. Let's all decide what amount exactly. Give it to vote.

Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:02:50 PM

Ok, so the name and the concept of the coin will not be 66. Then, its new coin...maybe its better to change concept (pow/pos, algo or something)...just taking ideas.

JaroBe

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:09:40 PM

Hi segaazel,

Are you working at Tesco, bro? Smiley
JaroBe

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:29:10 PM

Ok, so the name and the concept of the coin will not be 66. Then, its new coin...maybe its better to change concept (pow/pos, algo or something)...just taking ideas.

Lets make 99coin: 99 coins per block, max amount 99M. Premined 6.6% = 6,534,000 will be used to exchange: ONE 66coin = 99k 99coin. Offer will be alive for 99 days from the start of the new coin. After that the rest of premine will go straight to a worldwide charity, i.e. Red Cross (after changing to $).
gwopr

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:34:37 PM

Hello there,
I'm really happy that the proposal for the new coin is supported by so many of you. This surely stimulates the development team to work with yet more passion.

So, firstly please let me thank you all for sharing your ideas, feelings and suggestion: all of these are and will be evaluated with great attention, assuming that good ideas come from knowledge, background and - very important - by sharing our proposals and speaking our mind to a wide community. And this replies to Marty1972.

Secondly, to reply to Frangomel, let me clarify the most important point: this is a NEW coin, it's not a swap or something derived from 66. Who would join in a community that is named after and looks like a project that has just failed because of a management suddenly set to zero, thus causing all of us lose money and time? Nobody, I presume. We will turn the page.
Then, about the other questions, I confirm that the development and support team will be introduced along with the coin, in order to start working immediately in the right way: taking care of the customer and never leaving him alone. But for the moment, please understand that currently they are working hard and it's best to avoid stimulating them too much; it's better if one person, me, acts as interface.

As such, thirdly I want to reply to SaintFrantic. The team has its management that drives the development process, and all are spending their time and investing their money to create something good, taking all the risks for that. On the other hand, it is paramount that the team is always open to endorse and implement each and every good proposal coming from the community, through a positive discussion like the one happening here.

And lastly, please let me remind that you are not taking any development risk, you are not asked any donation to the team or something: you participate to the discussion, get continously informed about what is happening and, in a few days, you will be given the possibility to use your old, unfortunately dead coins to get brand new coins managed in a more fruitful way. That is your opportunity.

Finally, hoping I've replied to all questions, I would like to start debating about the first topic (other ones are coming soon): the coin metrics. With regards also to what already shared within the community, only 66 total coins is not a winning idea. To "feel" the richness you need far more coins.
So, the orders of magnitude for those values are thought as follows:
- 200-500 million coins
- 50-200 coins per block
- around 2 blocks per minute
- difficulty updated after every block.

Those values are meant to meet an optimistic forecast where 1$ equals 10-100 coins, and blocks (that is, coins) are distributed quite quickly.

Looking forward to receiving your opinion about the above, I thank you in advance for your time.
Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:41:41 PM

great idea for 99 coin!!!!

Just one more question if I understood well, our mining for 66 coin is still counting or that coins goes off the line when new one come?

I am in, could help with marketing!
gwopr

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:53:43 PM

To JaroBe,
to reply to your proposal, as said, it's best to avoid any psychological link to 66 coin. Also, we have not to follow the same rules of 66 (i.e. repeating obsessively the chosen number). Also, your suggestion to premine is correct: it's a "necessary evil" to grant free access to the coin market for all of us, 66 coin owners. All the rest will be used for giveaways, to stimulate as much as possible the diffusion of the coin. And we all have a role on that.
Hope you are happy with the above.

To Frangomel,
I have nothing to do, neither fortunately nor unfortunately, with 66 developers or management. I don't know pikimunga or anyone behind him. As a matter of fact, I can't influence in any way the closure of 66 project. The project for new coin and the one for the 66 coin are fully independent. Hope this replies to your question.
marty1972

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:16:56 PM

Hi segaazel,

Definitely not, but I like their motto... Smiley
Frangomel
Legendary

FreshTheGame

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:01:43 PM

To JaroBe,
to reply to your proposal, as said, it's best to avoid any psychological link to 66 coin. Also, we have not to follow the same rules of 66 (i.e. repeating obsessively the chosen number). Also, your suggestion to premine is correct: it's a "necessary evil" to grant free access to the coin market for all of us, 66 coin owners. All the rest will be used for giveaways, to stimulate as much as possible the diffusion of the coin. And we all have a role on that.
Hope you are happy with the above.

To Frangomel,
I have nothing to do, neither fortunately nor unfortunately, with 66 developers or management. I don't know pikimunga or anyone behind him. As a matter of fact, I can't influence in any way the closure of 66 project. The project for new coin and the one for the 66 coin are fully independent. Hope this replies to your question.

So it is just another coin made on source of 66? Is there pikimunga on planet Earth or....Huh?
segaazel

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:22:49 PM

Hello there,
I'm really happy that the proposal for the new coin is supported by so many of you. This surely stimulates the development team to work with yet more passion.

So, firstly please let me thank you all for sharing your ideas, feelings and suggestion: all of these are and will be evaluated with great attention, assuming that good ideas come from knowledge, background and - very important - by sharing our proposals and speaking our mind to a wide community. And this replies to Marty1972.

Secondly, to reply to Frangomel, let me clarify the most important point: this is a NEW coin, it's not a swap or something derived from 66. Who would join in a community that is named after and looks like a project that has just failed because of a management suddenly set to zero, thus causing all of us lose money and time? Nobody, I presume. We will turn the page.
Then, about the other questions, I confirm that the development and support team will be introduced along with the coin, in order to start working immediately in the right way: taking care of the customer and never leaving him alone. But for the moment, please understand that currently they are working hard and it's best to avoid stimulating them too much; it's better if one person, me, acts as interface.

As such, thirdly I want to reply to SaintFrantic. The team has its management that drives the development process, and all are spending their time and investing their money to create something good, taking all the risks for that. On the other hand, it is paramount that the team is always open to endorse and implement each and every good proposal coming from the community, through a positive discussion like the one happening here.

And lastly, please let me remind that you are not taking any development risk, you are not asked any donation to the team or something: you participate to the discussion, get continously informed about what is happening and, in a few days, you will be given the possibility to use your old, unfortunately dead coins to get brand new coins managed in a more fruitful way. That is your opportunity.

Finally, hoping I've replied to all questions, I would like to start debating about the first topic (other ones are coming soon): the coin metrics. With regards also to what already shared within the community, only 66 total coins is not a winning idea. To "feel" the richness you need far more coins.
- 200-500 million coins
- 50-200 coins per block

Those values are meant to meet an optimistic forecast where 1$ equals 10-100 coins, and blocks (that is, coins) are distributed quite quickly.

Looking forward to receiving your opinion about the above, I thank you in advance for your time.

Looks nice. We have too many coins in the billions. I would vote for a max of 100 million coins, but anything round like 200, 300 or 500 million is fine. I think having devs who care is most important, just look at Dogecoin, they even sponsor sport events now!
gwopr

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:33:02 PM

Dear segaazel,
your numbers are noted. In addition, I'm really happy to hear your opinion, also because I can tell you that it is hundred percent supported: the doge is a very good model to look at, and as such I fully agree with you that its success is largely due to the kind and careful support to the community of users. We plan to try and act in a way to achieve similar results, and once more the marketing of the coin, tasked to the whole community, is the key to its success.
marty1972

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:53:16 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 12:58:06 AM by marty1972

Hello there,

- 200-500 million coins
- 50-200 coins per block

Looks nice. We have too many coins in the billions. I would vote for a max of 100 million coins, but anything round like 200, 300 or 500 million is fine. I think having devs who care is most important, just look at Dogecoin, they even sponsor sport events now!

Exactly segaazel, we have a myriad of altcoins but a few decent dev teams. I think that the following specs could be fine:

Hash Algorithm: Scrypt
Proof-of-Work Scheme: Proof-of-Work
Coins to be Issued: 300,000,000
Block Time: 30.00 second(s)
Block Reward: 100.00 coins
Difficulty Retarget: 1 blocks

Someone could argue that THIS IS JUST ANOTHER COIN. Think about banks. There are a lot of banks and most of them offer same products/services but what makes a bank better than another is THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE/SUPPORT, THEIR CUSTOMER AWARENESS and last but not the least their BUSINESS ETHIC. And the same applies to a newborn coin, otherwise it would be 100% correct to say "IT IS JUST ANOTHER COIN".

The 66 had all the potential to be something more than the average altcoin but failed because its poor planning and management. It is absurd and quite childish to believe in "one-man-management", it simply won't work. I do not know where Pikimunga is but what it is certain is that if behind the 66 management there was a proper team, today we would had CONTINUITY instead of a dead-end project.
gwopr

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:05:56 AM

Dear marty1973,
your advice is noted. And more than that, I'm once more happy to notice that all your proposals are somehow merging together into a reasonable, common and collective way of thinking about the new coin that I fully support.
This project is driving in the right direction, and is tuning properly all setting - like the one subject to the current discussion - also thanks to the contribution of you all.
Thanks a lot for that, it's more than appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing other points of view about the subject settings, best regards to you all.
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:15:28 AM

Hi segaazel,

Hahaha. TescoCoin Cheesy

SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:45:02 AM

Ok. On the case then.
 First of all we need to agree what is the coin going to be used for. Then we have to decide on how many coins. 
 We need to do something completely unique here. I have know idea what coding skill everyone here has I personally don't have any. I know what I want to see as functionally in the wallet. What I have seen so far is just ridiculously simple no vision. I think a great looking and functional wallet in which you would be able to do a lot more than just send coins in and out, and do some POS is vital. So depending on what we have as programmers is very important for what we can implement. I want reveal what I have as an ideas for that here. If we reach agreement and make a team I will discuss than then.
  So let's make small team of 5-8 people plus the community as start. Then discuss what we can do about Algo, Coin wallet functionality and so on then  let community vote. Afterwards implement do features. So If you want let's make new threat and start voting for team members first.   

wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:57:00 AM

Coin can go nowhere if the dev is not active. I see he hasn't logged in a long time.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:08:15 AM

I see you guys are considering starting a new coin, but I don't really see how this relates to 66coin itself. Wouldn't it be better to get the supporters of this coin together and take over the source, the communication and the coin itself? Piku did this before, but he bailed. Maybe someone else is up for the challenge?

At the Cryptocoin Revival Foundation we did this for Quarkbar and is has proven to be extremely effective!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: