Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:07:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spamming BM : "thanks for participating"  (Read 174 times)
kenzawak (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:11:41 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 12:26:19 PM by kenzawak

I guess he's a BM who wants to bump his threads :

Tactic

https://archive.fo/tVJOZ

thanks for participating

90% of his posts are like this. It's either this or "hello", "Welcome", "thank you", "good"...
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:49:40 PM

Report to moderator is the best option for you. Mostly newbies do these kind of posts. If you find the same person is doing repetitive post in different topics then report two/three posts and on the comment section suggest the mod to view the post history for more spammy posts.

This works very well for me, I hope it will work the same for you too.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
kenzawak (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:11:03 PM

Report to moderator is the best option for you. Mostly newbies do these kind of posts. If you find the same person is doing repetitive post in different topics then report two/three posts and on the comment section suggest the mod to view the post history for more spammy posts.

This works very well for me, I hope it will work the same for you too.

I'm talking about a BM here, a BM bumping his threads with useless posts, not a newbie spamming for his sig or to rank up so it's not a mod but a DT that's needed here.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:33:47 PM

I'm talking about a BM here, a BM bumping his threads with useless posts, not a newbie spamming for his sig or to rank up so it's not a mod but a DT that's needed here.
So report them to moderator.

Sometimes they use twitter reports to bump their topics, I've noticed and reported similar behavior several times already, just write in comments "they use twitter reports to bump thread several times per day" and report all bumps - but be careful, if it is only one bump a day they are allowed to do so. Of course, they need to delete old bumps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: