Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:38:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Faucets profitable?  (Read 2294 times)
marlon45 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:30:28 AM

This is actually a question for those who own them.

I was a reading up on how to start a faucet (just out of curiosity) and it said that the majority of faucet sites are not profitable, I saw a fair few and thought that maybe that wasn't true. Why would you spend time and effort and something like that to not make money.

Are any beginners using them and or has anyone just started one?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:53:48 PM

Read this thread, in particular the comment from AdolfinWolf and you will probably find the answer to your question.
BTW using the search engine is also helpful, so if you have questions in the future, check first before you post if someone else has already answered it.
No need to start a new thread if you can learn to read and search Smiley

marlon45 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:29:43 PM

Ok cool thanks for your help
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:33:53 PM

I'm not sure if they're profitable or not, but what I know is that demand for faucets are definitely a lot lower now compared to before; but people definitely still use them.

Why would you spend time and effort and something like that to not make money.
Some people do it as a hobby. I did the same in the past.

The beginners are the ones that are definitely using faucets. Most have no idea that they're really wasting their time solving captchas. There's so much ways on making money online(outside of crypto). I'd rather work at mcdonalds than clicking faucets all day.

Faucets were only viable back in the day because new people(like me in 2016) used funds collected from faucets to play with bitcoin and learn how to do transactions using them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
naturerock

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:55:14 PM

It may be profitable in Venezuela......since they only make a few usd per month because of hyperinflation.  For everyone else though, no its not worth it in the slightest.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:04:10 PM

It may be profitable in Venezuela......since they only make a few usd per month because of hyperinflation.  For everyone else though, no its not worth it in the slightest.
Well yea, quite true knowing how bad the economy of Venezuela is right now. But still, there's a lot of better alternatives out there. Some Venezuelans even play RuneScape(a video game) instead and sell the in-game currency, and that's a better alternative to faucets profit-wise by more than ten-fold.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:34:50 PM

This is actually a question for those who own them.

I was a reading up on how to start a faucet (just out of curiosity) and it said that the majority of faucet sites are not profitable, I saw a fair few and thought that maybe that wasn't true. Why would you spend time and effort and something like that to not make money.

iasenko get link to the good post  but if you want to understand the latest trend then I will suggest you to move this or post this topic in Micro earnings Board.

I think it is good if you create an account on faucethub.io  and get the direct feedback/contact from faucet user and faucet owner.

Owner of faucethub.io is also a bitcointalk member mexicantarget

I am alive
Kunzaii

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:37:55 PM

Mostly used to promote coin or check if your wallet works fine ;-)

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
forestgunman

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:05:16 PM

I think the main purpose of faucet is to help a project team promote their coin and allow their users to test their wallet. Since the amount you receive is very small, It is very difficult to make a good profit even though you claim it constantly.
wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:52:42 PM

Faucet are time consuming, and takes a lot of  battery in your phone and laptop. It is not profitable compare to the time spent on a particular project.the pay out are very small.time is money ,so spend your time in what we profit you.

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:38:50 PM

I think it depends on how you promote your faucet site and if you can do SEO with high topical relevance you can get more clicks on your ads that I think will help you to make profit and if you know how to do SEO you should know how to use a proper keyword to find the right audience and you must manage the give enough reward to make your faucet site profitable.
Don't focus on faucet only you must post any related article in your website to hook other visitors to your site to make more traffic so that the other ads you can spread it to your entire website.  If your website is new you can hardly to rank up in the first place you must wait for almost 6 months before you can gain a good traffic to your site naturally. This is just my predictions if how other faucet owners can make a profit with this kind of business.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Zulfiyan

Activity: 360
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:51:44 PM

I already play faucet but it just take time without profit,you just get a tired. Pair $1/month, its make me cry 😭
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 09:03:15 PM

I don't want to disappoint you, but faucets aren't profitable. It was profitable few years ago, but then Google Adsense banned faucets from their network.
 And it's not easy to manage faucet - it's never ending fight with bots, search for best paying ad networks, url shorteners and etc. And if you somehow managed to get profit - it will be very tiny and not worth efforts that you put to manage faucet. And even experience owners running faucets in a loss.

Muhammedayo

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:08:29 PM

" Faucet site is profitable or not it's depend on owner.let's say a faucet site contains 3 advertising site ads with 10k satoshis CPM each and site pay 15 satoshis per 10 minutes.if there are 1000 claim from different IPS ,You lose 15×1000 = 15000 satoshis and you earn 3×10000=30000 satoshis from ads network.That's mean you just earn 15000 satoshis only from ads network while short links service give extra benefit.
Top earning ads provider sites always look faucet Alexa rank and that's why my post suggest (not forces) for Alexa service.
 To earn big benefit, faucet should have a lot of claimer and for this my post contains the ways for getting claimer for faucet."

Copied from @G1btc from this same forum.
bitsnack
Copper Member

Activity: 60
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:59:33 PM

As a ex-faucet owner, (soon to be one again) it honestly depends.

There are many factors, depending on your ads, your shortlinks, etc.

Lets say we have a example.

Your faucet gives out 10 satoshi, ok?

If you have raincaptcha, you can make 1-3 satoshi from a solve. This leaves at most 7 satoshi left.

Shortlinks depending on country and the shortlink itself, ex: a usa visitor solves your shortlink, with 20$ cpm for usa solves, thats 2 cents, you have profited. However, most of the  users from faucets are not from US, so you gain less then a cent, but still maybe 0.1 cent?

What your giving is 0.00065013 USD, and maybe 0.1 cent or so you get back? Of course, these shortlinks count unique views, so it can be hard to profit off of, without a large audience.

We also have ad networks, you wont get much though, so we wont count it.

The key here though is to have alot of users, and alot of claims, this way, you can make good profit.
johnnyns

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:20:58 PM

Faucets are usually so small amounts that their only purpose is to get familiar with the coin and the way how things work. No way you can actually earn something clicking on faucets. Sometimes you might need to make a minimal transaction for some reason, that's when you could use a faucet if you don't have the coin yet. It's usually a few clicks process, so much easier than to go to the (new) exchange, send bitcoin/ethereum/buy/convert/send back...
crypt0j0e

Activity: 115

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:54:55 AM

No, i don't believe there are any faucets out there that are actually profitable. I tried a few myself for a couple weeks and you're really only making a few cents a day. Definitely not worth the time, you can make 100x more from recycling cans than claiming little bits of tokens from a faucet.

Verity the Real-Time Decentralized Oracle
Register Today! (https://alpha.verity.network/?referral=AE33164)
solarsenal

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:18:38 PM

Faucet is time consuming and not that profitable .i will advice you join airdrop and bounty campaigns
PhoenixEmpire

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:19:44 PM

a few years back faucets were profitable I knew some people where making 2-3 X of their BTC each month. But of course that is before adsense banned faucet sites.

there are numerous advertisement platforms where you could earn money from them through a faucet website such as coinzilla.io but they require your site to be older than 3 months so you can't use it right away.

Also getting traffic to your site is a bit of a challenge as a beginner I recommend taking advantage of faucet management platforms such as faucethub.io. and best of luck
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:38:34 PM

What is the benefit of having a faucet?

As I see it, you are giving away satoshis (am I right or I am missing something here?)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: