Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:44:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 80% of ICOs from 2017 were scams.  (Read 1123 times)
totoy4741 (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:24:23 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 03:35:49 PM by totoy4741

Numerous number ICO from 2017 were reportedly scams, if not those project that were able to raise just enough funds to start the project died off after 4 months of its operations. There are some reports that numbers of scam projects from 2017 have surpassed the total number in volume despite just halfway through the year of 2018. It’s quite alarming. Is there any possible way to filter or screen projects before running their ICO’s to avoid scam?

Here is the Link: https://ethereumworldnews.com/ico-80-percent-scams-2017-2018/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ikingpain

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:04:32 PM

Already, there are services that mediate between bounty hunter and ICO. This service takes a deposit in ETH for the amount of the bounty pool.
dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:06:41 PM

Projects really were a lot in 2017, but I can say that already now in 2018, the number of projects has not decreased, but it seems to me that it has only increased due to what is happening on the market. People believe in crypto-currencies.
eipeng

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:08:34 PM

If 80% of ICO last year was scam then 90% of ICO this year is scam. As i can see in the market a lot of fake,scam,fraud ICO is added. Investor must double or triple their research in any ICO. As a bounty hunter i also research in any project that im into.
tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:28:58 PM

Yeah, this year too. Most of them are scams. There also are some legit ico, but they didn't list their coin and token to the market. So their token/coin didn't have value.

Matteo.b

Activity: 356

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:41:58 PM

Absolutely almost 80% of an ico from 2017 were scams. For this case we have to built some deep kind of information for those scam project. Those are crazy things for many people wanted to earn and gained for their success in life.
Cassidyblaze55

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:53:42 PM

Their are no proven ways to sift these scams from the real projects. Most of these projects are scams. The only thing anybody can do(bounty hunter and investor) can do is to make research. Research the team, the whitepaper, their github, the technology etc, to be able to reduce the rate of scams
minhkhang188

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:57:10 PM

Projects really were a lot in 2017, but I can say that already now in 2018, the number of projects has not decreased
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:02:58 PM

It's reasonable to happen so that's why people need to be more caution about selecting the good ICO.
Personally I'm seeking local ICO so I can learn they basic more faster than other foreign ICO.
And then when you decide to invest on ICO , make sure that you have understand the risk of  investing cryptocurrency because nobody can predict for sure how it will ends !
Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:09:47 PM

Numerous number ICO from 2017 were reportedly scams, if not those project that were able to raise just enough funds to start the project died off after 4 months of its operations. There are some reports that numbers of scam projects from 2017 have surpassed the total number in volume despite just halfway through the year of 2018. It’s quite alarming. Is there any possible way to filter or screen projects before running their ICO’s to avoid scam?

In that year there was absolutely no regulation and who wanted to raise money, he collected. The most interesting thing is that at that time no one was restless about the scam project or not, everyone was interested in quick profits. Now, when the market is in the downtrend for a long time, everyone started talking about it.
jyotsna060278

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 04:11:25 PM

I really want to invest in ICOs just recently, but after thorough research, really found this true, and still not participated in any ICO, just always fear of losing money in ICO.
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:14:00 PM

ICO scam when it dies or stops working. As you said that although the ICO was successful it only lasted about 4-5 months of operation and it was abandoned. And that's also called ICO scam. So it's best to just participate in the ICO of the well-known developers and have a clean profile

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:15:15 PM

You can't possibly evade those kind of scam ICO's. All you can do is find a good project and try to hope that it will never turn into a scam project in the end. And also try to find a good manager that holds most of those ICOs  that are successful.
caeles

Activity: 304

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:23:13 PM

Seriously? If I think they are not literally a scam, they just turned out to gain no investments. I think you should just choose those who has really great potential in doing and promoting ICO and specially, look for the developers' identity.

bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:30:58 PM

In recent years, cryptocurrency space has dominated the investment news cycle. Regardless of what certain analysts or investors might think about new trends, hype cannot be denied.
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:32:52 PM

I really want to invest in ICOs just recently, but after thorough research, really found this true, and still not participated in any ICO, just always fear of losing money in ICO.
if you are always afraid of ico investment, it is better for you to invest in coins that have been released in the market, in the market your funds are safer and you get quick profits if you are smart

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

EmmaBen

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:40:37 PM

This is true. Most ICOs today are only interested in your money. Nothing else! But commendably, other projects such as No BS have identified this problem in the crypto industry and are trying to come with solutions buy setting up  research teams to constantly look at relevant ICOs and advising investors to make the right decisions on projects to invest in. They are even more scam projects this year, compared with last year.
pawanjain

Activity: 2632
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:42:02 PM

Though it's an old news now it still is the harsh reality and not only you but most of the people who have invested in those ICOs are worried about their investments. I am myself worried about the tokens I am holding as the price have become drastically low. At first I was believing in them but now I am doubting on them whether they will ever increase in price or not. All these scam ICOs have created a bad name for the genuine ones as well.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:46:50 PM

Yeah, this year too. Most of them are scams. There also are some legit ico, but they didn't list their coin and token to the market. So their token/coin didn't have value.
I don't see any hard data on this, but I also do not find it hard to believe that this is true.  That's just judging by the sheer number of scam accusations on bct and there were many this year and last.

Do any of you think this can go on for long?  I would think that eventually the suckers are going to catch on that most ico projects are scams.  If a project doesn't appear to be a scam, then it's a good bet that the project is not going to succeed anyway.  A lot of them are trying to accomplish things which are unreasonable.  Not all of them, certainly, but many of them.  2019 will look much different in the ico market than it did for the past two years.  I am almost certain of that.
weertgilders

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:48:19 PM

ICO's can be of risk because I have seen many such products which loose interest in the project once they get the money from the crowd who buys their coins in ICO. This should be regulated. I have seen people who have lost lot of money in ICO's.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: