Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:48:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Wallet Keys and Passwords should be known to you and you alone. Yes! But...  (Read 2640 times)
ntodntodan69

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:31:12 AM

Of course, our wallets must be completely safe so there will be no theft, others may not know the password of our wallet, there are many applications that function as wallet safeguards, one of which we can use Google Authenticator!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hungsanh2512

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:53:00 AM

It is not difficult to find a trusted person in your family, but if you do not trust this technology, then it's pointless. So the best way is to do your job and keep things important. Phone passwords or our computer must also be kept in a safe place.
Boris_sahnevich

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:16:24 AM

The main thing to think about this in advance and come up with a backup option for your relatives to know your keys and passwords. Do not delay everything at the last moment, because life is too unpredictable.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

That's the only exception that you are going to take into consideration. At least you will entrust your keys to your family only for they can use your crypto assets if ever you're going to pass away. It's one of the greatest treasure you can give to them and at least you're happy seeing them benefiting through it.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:45:12 AM

Thank you for the reminder. And this goes out to all of us. Right up to now, there is no full proof contingency plan for this.

A physical copy can always be lost, hardware wallets can always malfunction (and be lost too), keeping a digital copy on the cloud has its risk as well. Yet, one has to make a decision to entrust them somewhere somehow to someone in some ways. Hoping everyone figures out the most comfortable and reliable means to ensure that a trusted person can access our wallets should we cease to exist.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:19:52 AM

Yes! You need to protect your wallets against any possible theft or hacking. You must protect your private keys and wallet passwords. This is a must for everyone, else your coins will be stolen.

The frequent warnings of ensuring you protect your private keys from anyone seems to have eaten too deep into almost everyone of us in cryptocurrency. Some of us have forgotten certain realities of life and cryptocurrency wallets which I want to warn you about. My warning is mainly targeted at anyone who has a family, or at least, a child. You must leave a means or trace that your family will be able to access your wallets when you are gone. I mean when you are below 6ft. Each one of us will die some day. No one wants to hear this, but it is the absolute truth. If you suddenly die today with your secret keys and passwords unknown to your family, your coins are lost forever. Your crypto wallet is not a regular bank, so no way your family can claim your many crypto wealth online.
Don't be selfish. Your family or wife or children must not suffer when you have so much Bitcoin or other coins trapped in an inaccessible online wallets.

Remember your family and loved ones.

You have a very strong and uneasy decision to make today.

I share my private key to my mother. We both do cryptocurrency works and we both have our own wallets. I trust her because I am assured that she will not get money from me because she has a lot more money than me. I suggest that if you would share your private key to someone,make sure that you trust each other and I suggest that both of you must have your own wallets so that he/she can manage your wallet even if you are gone.
Bivonisenki

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:50:54 AM

We all wanted to make our wallets safe but we also have this trusted people that we can authorized to have an access in our wallets. Maybe we cannot say it now but at least we must have leave s "last will - like letter"  that our family can read when the day comes. We are all saving for the future so I think this will be the best decision that we can do that what we have work on really hard can help out our family.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:56:18 AM

I keep my passphrase and 12 words passwords in my safety box at home, and also it has it's own pasword. Actually i memorised my 12 words passphrases first 8 words, i need to memorise 4 more words and that would be the safest place to save my password Smiley I wouldn't save it in banks or somewhere like that.
ZeroBTC1

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:28:56 AM

Yes! You need to protect your wallets against any possible theft or hacking. You must protect your private keys and wallet passwords. This is a must for everyone, else your coins will be stolen.

The frequent warnings of ensuring you protect your private keys from anyone seems to have eaten too deep into almost everyone of us in cryptocurrency. Some of us have forgotten certain realities of life and cryptocurrency wallets which I want to warn you about. My warning is mainly targeted at anyone who has a family, or at least, a child. You must leave a means or trace that your family will be able to access your wallets when you are gone. I mean when you are below 6ft. Each one of us will die some day. No one wants to hear this, but it is the absolute truth. If you suddenly die today with your secret keys and passwords unknown to your family, your coins are lost forever. Your crypto wallet is not a regular bank, so no way your family can claim your many crypto wealth online.
Don't be selfish. Your family or wife or children must not suffer when you have so much Bitcoin or other coins trapped in an inaccessible online wallets.

This is a very stern warning to everyone of us. Do not labour in vain. Do not allow all your years of working in cryptocurrency and accumulating coins be wasted once you are dead. Try to leave a trace for your family to inherit your wealth.

Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:38:15 AM

Looking at how wallets were made, they were made in such a way that only the person who created it has access to it as in the form of passwords. A situation which you think of sharing your logins is never something bad. You can share if you know you are too old and can leave this earth at any time. 

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
CrazeCoinz

Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:56:48 AM

You have a point on this topic as those holders are blinded to keep their private keys for themselves and forget to share it to their love-ones just in-case for emergency situation they can still access and transfer your bitcoin in the future. What's the point in making a long term investment if you did not share your private keys. I think we need also to orient our love-ones on how to deal crypto.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:31:38 PM

Bitcoin holders needs to be stored his password amd private keys in safe place. You can print it for save im the future.Trust is a key factor and you can share it to your family members.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:40:22 PM

Leaving behind a last will and testament which a trusted lawyer has help you will be an enough solution for this problem. Because trusting your family with your own private key is a careless act as if a lot of people knows it outright while you are still living then the chances are of your private keys leaking will be high day by day. If you private key will be secret to your family until your death then I know something will be left behind to them once the last will and testament will be brought up by the law firm you have hired.
CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:50:56 PM

If I choose to entrust those crypto wealth of mine, I will definitely choose my wife. Actually, I already saved my private keys to a USB that I only used in my computer that I never connected to internet. I also right it down to a notebook where I and my wife put it in a safe box. Based on my experience, you should train that person you chose to entrust your crypto wealth first and familiarize them how it works.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
kimhospital

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:12:44 AM

In the closet, only one person in my family told me where to put the key, more specifically, it was my mother. Then you can be sure that all my family members can also access my secret cabinets, because it's easy to access and I always hold the key. I would assume that any of my family members are smart enough to know how to use my files so they can use the money I have left for them.
Zadeket

Activity: 81

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:00:25 AM

I have all my access files on my laptop but I still did not tell them about crypto. I will just assume that any of my family member is smart enough to know how to use my files so they can use my funds that I left for them.
All of my bitcoin information is stored on my laptop with my family's knowledge, but all are given passwords, for security, I also store passwords on flash disks. The problem is I am worried that if my laptop is damaged and taken to a repair place, all contents in the laptop can be opened.
haze_williams

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:29:47 AM

That's solid point!  Cool People die someday and just put damn Wallet Keys and Passwords in your will!!
nuraziaaziz

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:29:18 AM

Yes definitely. It works the same way like ATM machine. If you want to access the card, you need the card and also your password in order to be able to withdraw and deposit the physical money. Basically any individuals who has the card and knows the password are able to access to it even though the card is not belong to them. Same goes to your wallets keys, it is best to keep it to yourselves for your own safety. If you are not careful enough, all your money will be gone.
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:14:13 AM

Yes, we should do that. Because nobody knows when something is going to happen that we might not be able to talk, walk, see or write. So I personally would leave a trace to my crypto asset to my younger brother that can help him get access to my wallets in case I am gone. Because I believe him a lot. 

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:30:22 AM

My wife knows about my online activity specially where I store my crypto assets. She knows where I store my passwords in case of emergency but so far she never laid her eyes on it. She didnt even try to ask how she can get it. I was afraid of that as well that when time comes like emergency and I need to liquidate my crypto assets but I have no access, my wife needs to know how to do it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: