Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:28:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: George Carlin describes today's world eloquently...  (Read 4590 times)
I.Goldstein (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2011, 08:53:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

"They got you by the balls!"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bind

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2011, 04:02:04 AM

Never liked Carlin until very late in his life when he became extrmeely political.

Just goes to show its never to late to educate the sheeple.

Good Man.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 12:26:52 PM

Carlin was wrong. They do not own us any more than King George did. We fight with whatever we have to be free. Crypto-currency is a bloodless revolution.  We're not fighting the government, for we are the government. We fight the corporate criminals that are beyond the reach of the law makers we entrusted. The criminals are too smart, but we are smarter and will defeat them. They try to buy our politicians, but they do not buy the will of the people. It's karma.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 03:24:35 PM

He contradicts himself at about 1 minute in.  Says that "they" own the congress and senate and then says that "they" spend billions lobbying the congress and the senate. Why lobby something you already own?

David Icke does this conspiracy stuff much better.
I.Goldstein (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 05:00:02 PM

He contradicts himself at about 1 minute in.  Says that "they" own the congress and senate and then says that "they" spend billions lobbying the congress and the senate. Why lobby something you already own?

It's not a contradiction. Owning is synonymous with controlling it with constant lobbying.
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 05:10:32 PM

for we are the government

Ok, then end the wars, drug prohibition, and corporate privilege. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Centralized power breeds corruption. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you're able to free yourself.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 05:31:35 PM

It's not a contradiction. Owning is synonymous with controlling it with constant lobbying.

He told the audience that they too were "owned" by these mythical supermen he is raving about.  

Seriously, watch David Icke and see a real professional expand a conspiracy theory.  You'll never waste time on the likes of Carlin again.
BitterTea

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 06:24:55 PM

He told the audience that they too were "owned" by these mythical supermen he is raving about. 

Seriously, watch David Icke and see a real professional expand a conspiracy theory.  You'll never waste time on the likes of Carlin again.

It's not a conspiracy theory, in the same way that "there is no evidence of god(s)" is not a conspiracy theory even though many religious individuals believe otherwise. You're just a member of the Statism religion and blind to this truth, is all.
I.Goldstein (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 06:26:10 PM

Carlin was wrong. They do not own us any more than King George did. We fight with whatever we have to be free. Crypto-currency is a bloodless revolution.  We're not fighting the government, for we are the government. We fight the corporate criminals that are beyond the reach of the law makers we entrusted. The criminals are too smart, but we are smarter and will defeat them. They try to buy our politicians, but they do not buy the will of the people. It's karma.
So the government is your voice. So everything the government does is your voice. You support Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, and the IRS not recognizing civil unions. Your voice is for bailouts, tax breaks, government subsidies. Your voice is for corporatism, eminent domain, drug laws.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 06:36:15 PM

Carlin was wrong. They do not own us any more than King George did. We fight with whatever we have to be free. Crypto-currency is a bloodless revolution.  We're not fighting the government, for we are the government. We fight the corporate criminals that are beyond the reach of the law makers we entrusted. The criminals are too smart, but we are smarter and will defeat them. They try to buy our politicians, but they do not buy the will of the people. It's karma.
So the government is your voice. So everything the government does is your voice. You support Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, and the IRS not recognizing civil unions. Your voice is for bailouts, tax breaks, government subsidies. Your voice is for corporatism, eminent domain, drug laws.

Most people like some stuff on that list. Democratic government is a series of messy compromises so on most issues, there will be a sizeable constituency in support of the government position.
I.Goldstein (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 06:37:57 PM

Most people like some stuff on that list. Democratic government is a series of messy compromises so on most issues, there will be a sizeable constituency in support of the government position.

There is no compromise when it comes to freedom.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 06:43:32 PM

You can be for freedom and on either sides of issues like Iraq, eminent domain, drug laws, Libya, Afghanistan and civil unions.
I.Goldstein (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 06:46:14 PM

You can be for freedom and on either sides of issues like Iraq, eminent domain, drug laws, Libya, Afghanistan and civil unions.
No, you cannot. Freedom requires a government to follow its own laws. Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan occupations are unconstitutional. Federal drug laws are unconstitutional. Marriage legislation on a federal level is unconstitutional. All of this is the Federal government stepping out of bounds. If a government can compromise on its own limits, it has none. There is no freedom in this case.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 06:54:30 PM

...snip...
No, you cannot. Freedom requires a government to follow its own laws. Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan occupations are unconstitutional. Federal drug laws are unconstitutional. Marriage legislation on a federal level is unconstitutional. All of this is the Federal government stepping out of bounds. If a government can compromise on its own limits, it has none. There is no freedom in this case.

That's your opinion of what your constitution means.  There are other opinions.  The very fact that you are allowed to voice an opinion means you are free.  Can you imagine a Syrian being able to make the post you just made?  No - he would be castrated and then beaten to death.  That is why we use the word "free" to describe you and "oppressed" to describe Syrians.

I.Goldstein (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 06:57:02 PM

...snip...

That's your opinion of what your constitution means.  There are other opinions.  The very fact that you are allowed to voice an opinion means you are free.  Can you imagine a Syrian being able to make the post you just made?  No - he would be castrated and then beaten to death.  That is why we use the word "free" to describe you and "oppressed" to describe Syrians.

It's a very objective interpretation. The fact that we cannot agree on the constitution means this country is doomed. We will collapse like every other nation that has no principles. Regulating and admonishing life by mere and ever-changing whims is not my idea of liberty especially when a vote can be bought for no cost at all.

Once a right is taken it will not be easily reinstated. Gradually the smallest government will become the largest if there are no limits. A totalitarian regime is inevitable and is already here in our case.

No, when I own my own life and everything it produces will I consider myself truly free. Rights are not provisioned. They are inherent. I either own myself or not at all. There is no compromise.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 07:05:49 PM

...snip...

It's a very objective interpretation. The fact that we cannot agree on the constitution means this country is doomed. We will collapse like every other nation that has no principles. Regulating and admonishing life by mere and ever-changing whims is not my idea of liberty especially when a vote can be bought for no cost at all.

Once a right is taken it will not be easily reinstated. Gradually the smallest government will become the largest if there are no limits. A totalitarian regime is inevitable and is already here in our case.

No, when I own my own life and everything it produces will I consider myself truly free. Rights are not provisioned. They are inherent. I either own myself or not at all. There is no compromise.

Everyone thinks their own interpretation of their constitution is objective.

You really have no idea what a totalitarian regime would be like if you think the US is one.

Rights are legal constructs.  To say they are inherent means that they are written in the stars or something and that everyone agrees what they are and what they mean.  If you believe that, you have to provide an explanation why the majority of Americans don't agree with you.  Are they blind?
I.Goldstein (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 07:08:28 PM

...snip...

Everyone thinks their own interpretation of their constitution is objective.

You really have no idea what a totalitarian regime would be like if you think the US is one.

Rights are legal constructs.  To say they are inherent means that they are written in the stars or something and that everyone agrees what they are and what they mean.  If you believe that, you have to provide an explanation why the majority of Americans don't agree with you.  Are they blind?

I don't have to provide an explanation. I believe I am entitled to my life and everything I produce. What makes their claim to my life greater? To hell with that.

Tell me why you have the right to regulate and admonish my life? The burden is on you.  I laid claim to this body and my breath when I emerged from the womb. It was by my own will I chose to consume food, drink and walk. If I cannot own it, I will rather die before you take one cent from me!

I am in control of this life! I can end it if I so chose! The claim is entirely mine! Not yours, not the poors, not god's nor societies! Mine and only mine!

If you think you are so entitled to me, then you should be able to abuse me to your whim when my body is lying on the ground without a deliberate movement!

In the end, I am in control! This is my life!
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 07:13:06 PM

...snip...

I don't have to provide an explanation. I believe I am entitled to my life and everything I produce. What makes their claim to my life greater? To hell with that.

Tell me why you have the right to regulate and admonish my life? The burden is on you.  I laid claim to this body and my breath when I emerged from the whom. It was by my own will I chose to consume food, drink and walk. If I cannot own it, I will rather die before you take one cent from me!

I am in control of this life! I can end it if I so chose! The claim is entirely mine! Not yours, not the poors, not god's nor societies! Mine and only mine!

You are a part of the society whose constitution you want implemented in your way.  That affects the other people in that society.  If you are harmless you can spout any opinions you want and no-one cares.  But on things like tax, war, social policy, your's is just one opinion among many and if you can't be bothered explaining your views you can't complain if they are ignored.
I.Goldstein (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 07:16:23 PM

...snip...

Tell me why you have the right to regulate and admonish my life? The burden is on you.  I laid claim to this body and my breath when I emerged from the whom. It was by my own will I chose to consume food, drink and walk. If I cannot own it, I will rather die before you take one cent from me!

You are a part of the society whose constitution you want implemented in your way.  That affects the other people in that society.  If you are harmless you can spout any opinions you want and no-one cares.  But on things like tax, war, social policy, yours is just one opinion among many and if you can't be bothered explaining your views you can't complain if they are ignored.
Look, forget about the argument on views and rights. The fact is a society based on whims and a perception with no limits will inevitably end. Rights cannot be reinstated once taken. This government will collapse in revolution because of a lack of principle and what you are advocating.
BitterTea

View Profile
October 24, 2011, 07:20:20 PM

Look, forget about the argument on views and rights. The fact is a society based on whims and a perception with no limits will inevitable end. Rights cannot be reinstated once taken. This government will collapse in revolution because of a lack of principle and what you are advocating.

Hawker's position is that society already voted your rights away, so you better have a damn good reason and convince everyone that you deserve them back!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: