Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:53:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gallup Poll Shows Only 2% of US Investors Own Bitcoin, But 26% Are ‘Intrigued'  (Read 212 times)
KennethDarnell

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:46:46 AM

I think this an old statistics because by now there has been a huge number of people and big investors who have invested in BTC. Many people from there are also trying to manipulate the market. Hard to believe it's only 2 percent. Hopefully, the 26% will be also trying to make some investment on bitcoins and let others know how it works and benefits of using it.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:55:18 AM

2% are already a very good adoption number  and that only for people who already invested more than 10.000 USD  into the old stocks, bonds or mutual funds market.
A lot of the younger people have never invested into stock, but invested into crypto instead. And that group will keep rising in the years to come.
HarryBrace

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:59:17 AM

I think this number will grow upto 10% if SEC approves Bitcoin ETF in future. 2% of the American population owns Bitcoin means the USA and other developed countries need to know about Bitcoin and blockchain more and invest on them before it gets late. The more people joins the market, the more profit everyone can make.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:02:21 AM

Even that 2% is a huge amount and I am sure that the absolute number is well over one million. As the returns swell, this one million individuals will pump more and more money in to Bitcoin. Just imagine what will happen if all of them invest another $10,000 in to Bitcoin.
DavidSalomon

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:52:41 AM

The 2% of US investors owning bitcoin in can be an eye opener because this shows that there are still a lot of room for bitcoin to grow. If the survey is done worldwide I am quite sure we will see that at least 70% of the total population still don't know what bitcoin is. If they get educated properly on bitcoin there is a huge chance of many of them investing on Bitcoin which might help the market to flourish.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:20:42 AM

2% of people who already have invested over $10,000, so presumably an even smaller percentage of people who have invested less than that or have no investments at all.

There is certainly the potential for a lot of new money, but I think we are looking at 10+ years until we get some semblance of widespread adoption.
Ten years in a bit long, I think we might see a bit more movement quicker than that, things seem to move quicker in todays tech age than they used to which only helps us in the long term.

I think he is talking about mass adoption not just adoption and movements. and I agree with that, it will take a long time (10 years sounds about right) before we reach maturity and see bitcoin mass adopted. other than that we will continue seeing adoption slowly take place as it has been in the past 9 years and price will continue to move upwards with it.

Only Bitcoin
BennieMartin

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 06:39:10 AM

Yeah this is true. The crypto currency attracts many people and there is still more potential for its growth in the future. Many people already started adopting it. So the market will increase in the years to come. Big chances for crypto world.
TradeParty

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:03:13 AM

It’s a very good news for bitcoin and other cryptos. The crypto world is spreading and there are bright chances in here.
maxilopez

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:16:41 AM

but now imagine what will happen if these 26 percent of people want to invest in bitcoin! it will be cosmic growth Smiley

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
shampapk1988

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:47:24 PM

Even if it's just 2%, we all know that Bitcoin has a lot of potential left to grow worldwide. Apparently it's just upto knowing about cryptocurrency with not knowing about it in depth, but as the time goes, I'm sure many would be interested in cryptocurrency and would like to invest.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: