Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC Issues New Warnings...Get Out Your Wallets & Buy Weed  (Read 685 times)
serenitys (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:28:20 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanvardi/2014/05/16/sec-warns-investors-about-pot-stocks-scams/

Yesterday I went through the coindesk blog and plucked headlines showing the worldwide adoption of bitcoin - for purposes of illustrating that point to people...and then I added a second section showing all the headlines showing government and financial sector response. It really does drive it home that the people have chosen financial freedom and security and the government bodies are scared shitless.

The SEC issued another beware bitcoin-esque warning about penny stocks. I share it here because my brother works with this guy, well he workED with this guy who started trading and investing penny stocks on a couple of pot stocks. He ended up making 10 grand in a relatively shorter period of time than he'd have made on the job. Anyway, he quit his blue collar job and is trading penny stocks full time.

And the SEC doesn't like people doing that either it seems.

This is not to say being cautious is a bad thing - we should be. It's to highlight the all the squirming the powers that be are doing these days. Those who see the writing on the wall are beginning to squawk and holler. Those who don't are smugly shrugging it off and by the time they figure out what's been taking place, it'll be too late.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:38:42 PM

Meh, that article has nothing to do with Bitcoin. The SEC is just doing its job and cutting down on its future workload. If one of these penny stock scammers screws a bunch of people like Trendon Shavers did here then the victims will start bitching to the SEC and create a bunch of work for them. There isn't a secret "government hates Bitcoin" message here. If anything it's the SEC trying to cut down on their workload.

brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:39:23 PM

The SEC doesn't care if you trade garbage stocks.  The SEC does care if you attempt to manipulate the market by releasing information that isn't true, driving up the price, and dumping it.   That's all the article says anyways.  Did you read something different?  Anyways, wtf does this have to do with bitcoin?
serenitys (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:48:16 PM

Meh, that article has nothing to do with Bitcoin. The SEC is just doing its job and cutting down on its future workload. If one of these penny stock scammers screws a bunch of people like Trendon Shavers did here then the victims will start bitching to the SEC and create a bunch of work for them. There isn't a secret "government hates Bitcoin" message here. If anything it's the SEC trying to cut down on their workload.

And I never said it was. I clearly explained the context of the post share. Smiley

What it has to do with bitcoin is the same sort of warnings they issued about bitcoin. Do you people read?

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:59:44 PM

And I never said it was. I clearly explained the context of the post share. Smiley

What it has to do with bitcoin is the same sort of warnings they issued about bitcoin. Do you people read?

Yeah but they issued those warnings about Bitcoin because that colossal piece of shit Trendon Shavers increased their workload by 50%. They couldn't give a rats ass about Bitcoin or penny stocks but it's a bad political move to do nothing when people are screaming for action after some jackoff screws them over.

archeboss

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:34:23 AM

FU SEC!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: