Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:31:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easiest cryptocurrency to mine on a smartphone?  (Read 377 times)
AbhijoySarkar

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:52:01 AM

There was a currency which you could mine by walking, your smartphone counts footprints and this way you earn coin. Sorry but I can't remember the name. On another hand there is no any easy to mine cryptocurrency for smartphones and I highly doubt it will ever be but there was some rumours that samsung was working on similar project.

I think that the cryptocurrency you're referring to is called Mangocoin (if I'm not mistaken). I used to walk and earn some coins back in the day where the cryptocurrency was popular, but nowadays it seems like it's a dead project as I can't find its listing on Coinmarketcap or an official website anymore.

There's another one called Aircoins where you walk around and find coins in AR (much like Pokemon Go). But none of the coins there have much value. It's good for your health though  Grin

Anyways, I've seen another cryptocurrency which can be earned on a smartphone by simply playing a game. The cryptocurrency is a fork of NANO and it's called Banano.

Banano Runner game is quite fun to pass the time and the community over at their Discord is great too. Fun bunch of people to hang out with.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:20:01 PM

Since you mentioned Cuckoo Cycle, there's Merit (https://www.merit.me/) that is also based on it. Smartphone mining is not active though. They have Growth Mining instead.
But it is an easy coin to mine and transact with (For example, send to aliases like @abhijoysarkar instead of an alphanumeric address). So there's CPU mining, GPU mining (no AMD support at the moment though; only Nvidia) and Growth mining.
Block rewards are fixed. 50% of rewards go to PoW miners. 50% go to Growth miners through a lottery.
Growth miners are basically people who are growing the network i.e. both invitees and inviters (since Merit is an invite-only blockchain; people can get in with invite links of existing members only). Pretty cool. But it's just starting days. So let's see how it goes.
They got featured on Techcrunch too which is nice: https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/09/a-modcloth-cofounder-just-launched-an-invite-only-cryptocurrency/

Awesome. Since it's a new cryptocurrency, it's not well-known or popular yet. But I would give it some time for it to mature, until it becomes a proven cryptocurrency for the masses. The concept of a CPU-only PoW algorithm is the most ideal for the decentralization and long-term sustainability of a cryptocurrency. Considering that several ASICs have been developed for various PoW algorithms, I'd say that PoW mining is becoming centralized each day (unless there is better competition on the ASIC market).

Nonetheless, this Merit cryptocurrency has brought my attention as a long-term investment. Hopefully, it would become successful enough to gain mainstream adoption. Wink

There's another one called Aircoins where you walk around and find coins in AR (much like Pokemon Go). But none of the coins there have much value. It's good for your health though  Grin

Yeah. It's a nice coin because even if you don't get to earn a decent income out of it, you'd get to stay in great shape. There should be more cryptocurrencies like this one, to encourage people to stay fit while earning some spare cash along the way. Now that you've mentioned this coin, it reminds me of “MangoCoinz” which used to serve the same purpose, but unfortunately, it got abandoned by its dev. Sad

Banano Runner game is quite fun to pass the time and the community over at their Discord is great too. Fun bunch of people to hang out with.

Agree. Banano has the most fun community I've ever experienced in crypto land. The members on Discord are very friendly, and extremely active. Best of all, there are constant giveaways and games to play which reward you in Banano. What I like most of this coin is that it's based on Nano's DAG technology, where transactions are cheap and blazing fast. Cool

However, it's not a cryptocurrency that could be mined with a smartphone since in a DAG there's no need for mining. Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:49:23 AM

"Mining" on a smartphone is basically a flawed concept (and dumb to top it off).
Just think about it: if entire rigs of dedicated GPUs are hardly profitable today, how is your puny smartphone going to make you any sort of money by churning a complex cryptographic algorithm??

The coin rewards you might get from these gimmicks they call "mobile miners" are a fraction of the ad revenue they get from forcing them down your throat while you think you're mining.

Sweatcoin is the best example. But hey, it works!

Just don't call it mining.
BillieCrypt

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

I think it is useless to mine any PoW cryptocurrency on a smartphone. It is unprofitable even on laptops with a more powerful cooling system. PoS is also not an option, because smartphone cannot provide a good connection to the network. Use your smartphone for communication, trading, reading and don’t shorten its life by mining.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:02:15 PM

"Mining" on a smartphone is basically a flawed concept (and dumb to top it off).
Just think about it: if entire rigs of dedicated GPUs are hardly profitable today, how is your puny smartphone going to make you any sort of money by churning a complex cryptographic algorithm??

The coin rewards you might get from these gimmicks they call "mobile miners" are a fraction of the ad revenue they get from forcing them down your throat while you think you're mining.

Sweatcoin is the best example. But hey, it works!

Just don't call it mining.

Yes. I'm aware of that. However, I still believe that even if mining with a smartphone is not profitable, it could further strengthen and decentralize a cryptocurrency's blockchain. Among the various CPU-only PoW algorithms I've researched, Cyckoo Cycle seems to be the most viable option for mobile devices today. If proven to be successful, then it could bring a whole new level of decentralization for the blockchain. People worldwide would be encouraged to mine a specific coin with the Cyckoo Cycle algorithm just to earn some spare cash, while at the same time, securing the cryptocurrency's blockchain.

aeternity is a good example of a Cyckoo Cycle cryptocurrency, but it hasn't launched yet. As for now, it's still an ETH token, but it'll be interesting to see how everything unfolds once its mainnet is launched for the public to enjoy.

This new coin you've mentioned called Sweatcoin looks interesting and reminds me of the good-old MangoCoinz. Every time you complete a certain number of steps (when walking), you'll get rewarded in that specific cryptocurrency. I believe this is good as it incentivizes people for taking care of their health. Smiley

I think it is useless to mine any PoW cryptocurrency on a smartphone. It is unprofitable even on laptops with a more powerful cooling system. PoS is also not an option, because smartphone cannot provide a good connection to the network. Use your smartphone for communication, trading, reading and don’t shorten its life by mining.

Traditional PoW algorithms could easily shorten the life-span of any mobile device. However, there are some cryptocurrencies which make use of "Virtual Mining" that wouldn't pose a threat to your device's longevity. A cryptocurrency which uses such algorithm is called Electroneum which allows you to "mine" the cryptocurrency on your smartphone just by activating the app. However, it's not really mining since resources are not consumed in the same way it would be via traditional PoW algorithms such as M7M, or Scrypt.

As time goes by, PoW algorithms could be perfected at some point, where it'll be easy for anyone to start earning rewards and secure a cryptocurrency at the same time. With the launch of aeternity, things will change drastically as it makes use of the Cyckoo Cycle algorithm which is extremely efficient for mobile devices. Cool

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: