Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:12:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:30:58 AM

Hey guys i think i may be having a problem with the daemon. or just getting very very unlucky. i am currently trying to test a new pool for EMC2 but currently i have a ton of shares built up. and no blocks found. it is a profit switching algo so i am not always mining EMC2 but i have had about 100 mh/s for lengths of 10 minutes at a time on emc2 for the past 2 days and i have not found any blocks at all.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 08:48:14 AM

Hey guys i think i may be having a problem with the daemon. or just getting very very unlucky. i am currently trying to test a new pool for EMC2 but currently i have a ton of shares built up. and no blocks found. it is a profit switching algo so i am not always mining EMC2 but i have had about 100 mh/s for lengths of 10 minutes at a time on emc2 for the past 2 days and i have not found any blocks at all.

Not sure what to say, had a look at blockchain, looks fine, https://emc2.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool looks fine too.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:08:16 AM

Not sure what to say, had a look at blockchain, looks fine, https://emc2.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool looks fine too.

here is the example
FM44iBeoeBTenCtnP8qP745vCCJMYiSDVw   212091.67519818999903691
NPLtRkQnAHPfZkeFEVAMUpeMu6ik8rDqsD   6241182.86114772999735578
1nfernow9yCJGQN6RxvpA13y9HjNGvgDw   13517846.34359794000283728
those are shares submitted from each of the workers to the pool. and not one block. about 20 million shares in total.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:35:08 AM

Moments ago The Einsteinium Foundation received the following message from a CF campaign organizer at Experiment.com:

Peng Jiang has sent you a message:

Hi, I have a cactus genome sequencing project. Hope you could help this experiment! Thanks!
https://experiment.com/projects/sequencing-the-cactus-genome-to-discover-the-secret-of-drought-resistance

To many other donors this would look like spam, but to us we should see it as a sign that our giveaway program has impact.

If you see a campaign over there that you feel we should donate to and encourage, please tell us.

I have 120K EMC2 on-hand and another 20K+ was recently gathered from the trust fund so that would provide about 30
$1 donations at the prevailing EMC2 conversion rate.

You mean you have a whole $31 to donate...... That rich man. You really did do wonders with this coin. Bravo Armis!

BTW.. Loving that red tag you're rocking these days.. Suits you just right!
leonar76

Activity: 678
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:05:29 PM

emc2 hour by hour increasing Smiley good trend, now time to buy cheap coins Wink
LittleJery

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 12:13:07 PM

it seems that the pool is currently under ddos attack since yesterday. pool operator posted something like that yesterday in another thread.
so it's not your fault! Smiley
Armis

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 01:56:51 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 04:56:25 AM by Armis

Moments ago The Einsteinium Foundation received the following message from a CF campaign organizer at Experiment.com:

Peng Jiang has sent you a message:

Hi, I have a cactus genome sequencing project. Hope you could help this experiment! Thanks!
https://experiment.com/projects/sequencing-the-cactus-genome-to-discover-the-secret-of-drought-resistance

To many other donors this would look like spam, but to us we should see it as a sign that our giveaway program has impact.

If you see a campaign over there that you feel we should donate to and encourage, please tell us.

I have 120K EMC2 on-hand and another 20K+ was recently gathered from the trust fund so that would provide about 30
$1 donations at the prevailing EMC2 conversion rate.

You mean you have a whole $31 to donate...... That rich man. You really did do wonders with this coin. Bravo Armis!

BTW.. Loving that red tag you're rocking these days.. Suits you just right!

As a cryptocurrency community our creation and currency is EMC2, not USD; that is what we use to fund science.  

The end user, paypal, and Experiment.com only see USD, however we, in this community, know more and know better -- that USD didn't start that way.

Nevertheless, be it 120K EMC2, $31, or 31 $1s, the end result for the EMC2 community is 31 opportunities to thank different scientists for doing something of substance to improve our world.   And 31 times we could tell the experiment.com community that "The Einsteinium Foundation" is doing what we can to motivate and inspire scientific progress.

Armis

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:01:17 AM

An Experiment project you backed has posted a new lab note!

Project   Simulating Quantum Fluids
Lab note   In the bowel of the LHC
Posted by Paul Romatschke  

At a workshop on "Numerical Holography" at CERN in Switzerland, PI Romatschke went 80 meters underground to get a tour of the CMS detector, one of the four major experiments currently being upgraded for the full-energy run at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).The detector (22 meters long, 15 meters in diameter, 4000 tons), is partly visible in the background of the picture below (look for a barrel-shape). Once the LHC fires up again later this year (see here), the CMS detector will again be used to do experiments on the Higgs boson and strongly coupled quantum fluids.

[picture courtesy Razieh Pourhasan]

https://experiment.com/u/UlccA
Armis

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:58:14 PM

I'd just like to say my thoughts on the PICISI Project being created by Armis. PICISI will be a crowdfunding website that accepts fiat and crypto-currencies.

Over the last few years I have backed over 200 projects on Kickstarter / Indiegogo but the one project I have always looked for besides crypto based projects was a crowdfunding site for the altcoin world. The amount of projects I would have backed if Kickstarter / Indiegogo accepted altcoins would be much more than 200 projects!

I know PICISI will be much more of 'another crowdfunding' site, this site could not only bring alot of attention to various crypto-communities and the crypto-currency world but could help bring crypto-currencies to the main stream Kickstarter / Indiegogo type backer which is a tremendous market.  I believe if PICISI has a good solid ground with a solid variety of communities and sponsors the project could pick-up at great speed and become a big player in the crowdfunding world within a few years.

I have openly offered free web hosting and VPS hosting support for the PICISI project and will be help Armis with anything within my skill set / my teams skill set.

As Armis says 'utility' is the highest function for a currency, that's definitely true. I already have a few projects which I would run preferring more to be backed in crypto-currencies than fiat. Currently PICISI-lite is being developed in the process the community will be able to get a picture of what PICISI will bring and be able to provide constructive feedback.

For interested parties who wish to be part of a great project which could shape the way we fund projects and have the broader world interactive with the crypto-currency world look at becoming a sponsor, offer your services or speak with people who you think may be interested in

Some more info links
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=972973.0
https://sites.google.com/site/einsteiniumbiz/home/page-3/archive.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=955670.0

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:28:10 PM

Now this makes sooo much more sense. nomp doesnt allow the configuration for adding the charity address and therefore when a block is found its found as invalid.
leonar76

Activity: 678

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:28:03 AM

3 days after, block reward half , 128 decrease to 64 coin, dont miss the cheap coins. Smiley
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 01:26:16 PM

Introducing Dragon Knight V2.0, an online text-based rpg game, based off of the original Dragon Knight game, where you can earn Dragon Points as you play.

Dragon Points is our form of in-game currency that can be traded for crypto currencies and withdrawn to your wallet.

Status
Completion time for the game is expected within the next 2 weeks.

Game Beta/Preview link
http://dknight.ml

Supported Currencies
EMC2
MOON
FLAP

Game Features
In the world of Dragon Knight you can explore the map fighting over 150 different monsters, build your own Kingdom, fight other players for gold, take over other players land, outfit your character with the best weapons the game offers, complete quests for each city, create and join Clans, and much more!

Sponsors
Crypto Database
Einsteinium - Armis

Screenshots
Town View

Random event while exploring

NPC fight while exploring

Random item drop from defeating a monster

Suggestions
We value your opinion and would like to hear what you have to say regarding this game. If you have suggestions for the game please email them to me at admin@cryptodatabase.net or post on our original thread found here,
Armis

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:08:17 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 12:54:47 AM by Armis

I am nearing completion on my latest project. This project is an enhanced game version of the old Dragon Knight game. Build your own kingdom, fight other players, explore the map, complete quests.

Throughout the game you will receive Dragon Points. You can trade your Dragon Points in for crypto currencies and withdraw them to your wallet. Currently only MoonCoin and FlappyCoin is supported. Additional coins may be added in the future.

Adding in new equipment currently, expected public opening will possibly be within the next couple of weeks.

May I request that you add EMC2.   We'd like to be an official sponsor.  

This is a possibility. I would just need the transfer rate between Dragon Points (DP) and EMC2 that you would like. There are currently two ways to gain DP, leveling up gains 1,000 (max level 99 (99,000 DP)) and training camps found randomly by exploring gains 1 DP. I plan on adding DP rewards to quests and monster fights in the near future to allow users to gain more easier.

what is the transfer rate between DP and USD?

1,000 DP ~= $0.01

1,000 EMC2 $0.30

30 DP = 1 EMC2

Sounds good, beta version of the game is at http://dknight.ml not fully completed yet but is playable with everything working. Syncing up wallet now, might take a day or so to complete.

I invite you to drop by the EMC2 page to introduce the game after syncing is completed, at that point we will add it to the EMC2 OP, and do a broadcast announcement (twitter, Facebook, et al) to let everyone know about the game that they could win DP and EMC2 there.  

Let me know what EMC2 address to send the first installment of EMC2 to.

Thank you for the invite, wallet is 2 weeks away from syncing and should be completed by the time I return home from work today. I have posted an introduction to the game on your thread and in the process of integrating EMC2 into the game.

Update - Wallet is finished syncing and EMC2 has been integrated into our system. Wallet address is EgEbUFJRGDtSbaffrvrsSiVpmqgV1eDYJM

EMC2   10000.00000000   EgEbUFJRGDtSbaffrvrsSiVpmqgV1eDYJM   2015-03-10 00:47:04   COMPLETE: 3a915988204689862666ccf4ad788078107ecbff3c3e0f9e32db54dda7325b77

Funds sent less fees: 9999.99

Balance  remaining: 110000.00000000 EMC2

d0om

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:01:30 AM

A game incorporating the crypto... Neat! Do any other coins do that?

Was it a planned implementation or did you just end up collaborating with someone?

Armis

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:58:35 PM

A game incorporating the crypto... Neat! Do any other coins do that?

Was it a planned implementation or did you just end up collaborating with someone?

Thanks for your question, EMC2 admins are constantly seeking ways to make EMC2 more relevant in the CC universe.  I specifically posted the full conversation so that anyone who wants to help EMC2 can see how it could happen, there is always something new happening.  The more involved we are the more utility we will have for our coin.

Utility is the best way to solidify the value of our currency, the more that is done with it as a currency the higher its value will go.

You asked about 'other coins' yes other coins are involved with that Dragon Knight, and more coins will be involved.   EMC2 is the 3rd CC admitted to the party, early admission allows those who come after us to see more of us.  Every impression we get helps build the coin.   You also asked if it was planned, the answer is yes and no, every developer / creator  plans on involving as many coins as they could, getting cooperation is not that easy.   But, no there was no collaboration.

Many months ago I learned of Cryptodatabase because of his crypto database collection project -- cataloged every single cryptocurrency in existence.  Subsequent to that introduction I invited him to write a story about his business to be published free at The Einsteinium News.  Since then I monitor his thread like I monitor many other threads seeking opportunities to to present EMC2 with a utility opportunity.

Armis

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 06:52:56 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 07:10:29 PM by Armis

As the creator of PICISI and Pres of The Einsteinium Foundation there is an inherent conflict of interest, as such in order for EMC2 to endorse or sponsor PICISI there must be a unanimous vote of the full board or an overwhelming favorable vote (12 people) of the community.

Without the formal endorsement of the board or overwhelming favorable vote of the community PICISI will not receive the endorsement of EMC2.  

Going forward I will not unilaterally bring up the subject of PICISI to the board or the EMC2 forum again unless the proposal is approved.  From this point forward I won't broach the subject again unless someone initiates the discussion or the proposal is approved by the community or board.

In the coming weeks I want to launch PICISI -- a crowdfunding (CF) website that accepts fiat and cryptocurrency.   PICISI will be where crowdfunding Organizers, Sponsors, Donors, and Contractors gather to materialize dreams.   The platform will accept all publicly traded CCs, and any fiat accepted by Paypal.

PICISI will have many sponsorship opportunities for CCs:
  -  Host CC - is the currency that all other CCs will be converted to for a particular Campaign.
  -  Campaign - sponsor’s logo is affixed to body of campaign.
  -  Donor Perk -  CC escrowed on behalf of a specific campaign to be used as a perk, if not sold is converted to host CC and donated to the campaign
  -  Advertising Perk -  CC escrowed on behalf of a specific campaign to be used as a perk, if not sold reverts back to the sponsor.  Unsold funds are NOT donated to campaign.
and
  -  Video - 5 sec message at start of campaign video: “This video is brought to you by …”

After issuance of a PICISI token, on a regular basis PICISI admins will use the fees derived from fiat to buy PICISI tokens at our official exchange sponsor's site.  Unlike most other coins the PICISI token will be connected to a business that would actually use the token in the course of doing business. .  

The top 8 - 10 sponsor logos will be featured on the home page as follows:
PICISI is currently in development a PSD is expected by the end of the week, and the site itself should be completed in a bit over a month.  Crypto Cloud Hosting is the Official "Powered By" Sponsor.

As I indicated numerous times, UTILITY determines the strength of a coin; if EMC2 is a major sponsor of PICISI it will have lots of usage and exposure.

Unlike most sponsorships in which, someone simply pays for an opportunity to promote a message; sponsorship at PICISI for CCs is far more than that.  Here is a practical example of how EMC2 sponsorship of PICISI will help EMC2.   Let's start with Host CC; when an Organizer creates a campaign he may select a CC sponsor, let's say EMC2 is his choice because they pay the highest sponsorship reward.  For the remainder of the campaign ALL CCs (including tokens) donated to that campaign will be immediately converted to EMC2 with an EMC2 balance shown on the account (see above).  

During the campaign the organizer may use the funds to hire a campaign contractor to develop and or promote the campaign.  At the end of the campaign the organizer will receive funds in the two host currencies selected, of course he may choose to have us convert the funds further (for a fee).

The second sponsorship opportunity is Campaign sponsorship,  this is where the sponsor's logo is affixed to the body of the campaign.   With the permission of the campaign organizer EMC2 can be one of the campaign sponsors.  The higher the cumulative value of that coin's donation the higher the sponsors logo will go in the sponsor logo area.   Unlike Host CC sponsorship, Campaign sponsorship has many different sponsors.   The location of the sponsorship logos are strategically placed in the campaign text.

Donor perks and advertising perks are the third sponsorship opportunity, the differences are indicated above.  This is an opportunity to brand the coins message and offer actual coins to the public at the same time.

PICISI will have a youtube channel in which we will showcase all of the campaigns, if you sponsor a video, the video will start with your message, for example: "This video is sponsored by Einsteinium, [show EMC2 logo] doing what we can to fund science initiatives"  then the campaign material will begin -- the sponsor's message is first.

I know the value of utility (aka adoption) for the CC universe, and I see great potential for CCs that take advantage of sponsorship opportunities at PICISI, for those reasons I vote in favor of having EMC2 endorse PICISI, and sponsor campaigns in various ways.

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:50:39 PM

As the creator of PICISI and Pres of The Einsteinium Foundation there is an inherent conflict of interest, as such in order for EMC2 to endorse or sponsor PICISI there must be a unanimous vote of the full board or an overwhelming favorable vote (12 people) of the community.

Without the formal endorsement of the board or overwhelming favorable vote of the community PICISI will not receive the endorsement of EMC2.  

Going forward I will not unilaterally bring up the subject of PICISI to the board or the EMC2 forum again unless the proposal is approved.  From this point forward I won't broach the subject again unless someone initiates the discussion or the proposal is approved by the community or board.

In the coming weeks I want to launch PICISI -- a crowdfunding (CF) website that accepts fiat and cryptocurrency.   PICISI will be where crowdfunding Organizers, Sponsors, Donors, and Contractors gather to materialize dreams.   The platform will accept all publicly traded CCs, and any fiat accepted by Paypal.

PICISI will have many sponsorship opportunities for CCs:
  -  Host CC - is the currency that all other CCs will be converted to for a particular Campaign.
  -  Campaign - sponsor’s logo is affixed to body of campaign.
  -  Donor Perk -  CC escrowed on behalf of a specific campaign to be used as a perk, if not sold is converted to host CC and donated to the campaign
  -  Advertising Perk -  CC escrowed on behalf of a specific campaign to be used as a perk, if not sold reverts back to the sponsor.  Unsold funds are NOT donated to campaign.
and
  -  Video - 5 sec message at start of campaign video: “This video is brought to you by …”

After issuance of a PICISI token, on a regular basis PICISI admins will use the fees derived from fiat to buy PICISI tokens at our official exchange sponsor's site.  Unlike most other coins the PICISI token will be connected to a business that would actually use the token in the course of doing business. .  

The top 8 - 10 sponsor logos will be featured on the home page as follows:
PICISI is currently in development a PSD is expected by the end of the week, and the site itself should be completed in a bit over a month.  Crypto Cloud Hosting is the Official "Powered By" Sponsor.

As I indicated numerous times, UTILITY determines the strength of a coin; if EMC2 is a major sponsor of PICISI it will have lots of usage and exposure.

Unlike most sponsorships in which, someone simply pays for an opportunity to promote a message; sponsorship at PICISI for CCs is far more than that.  Here is a practical example of how EMC2 sponsorship of PICISI will help EMC2.   Let's start with Host CC; when an Organizer creates a campaign he may select a CC sponsor, let's say EMC2 is his choice because they pay the highest sponsorship reward.  For the remainder of the campaign ALL CCs (including tokens) donated to that campaign will be immediately converted to EMC2 with an EMC2 balance shown on the account (see above).  

During the campaign the organizer may use the funds to hire a campaign contractor to develop and or promote the campaign.  At the end of the campaign the organizer will receive funds in the two host currencies selected, of course he may choose to have us convert the funds further (for a fee).

The second sponsorship opportunity is Campaign sponsorship,  this is where the sponsor's logo is affixed to the body of the campaign.   With the permission of the campaign organizer EMC2 can be one of the campaign sponsors.  The higher the cumulative value of that coin's donation the higher the sponsors logo will go in the sponsor logo area.   Unlike Host CC sponsorship, Campaign sponsorship has many different sponsors.   The location of the sponsorship logos are strategically placed in the campaign text.

Donor perks and advertising perks are the third sponsorship opportunity, the differences are indicated above.  This is an opportunity to brand the coins message and offer actual coins to the public at the same time.

PICISI will have a youtube channel in which we will showcase all of the campaigns, if you sponsor a video, the video will start with your message, for example: "This video is sponsored by Einsteinium, [show EMC2 logo] doing what we can to fund science initiatives"  then the campaign material will begin -- the sponsor's message is first.

I know the value of utility (aka adoption) for the CC universe, and I see great potential for CCs that take advantage of sponsorship opportunities at PICISI, for those reasons I vote in favor of having EMC2 endorse PICISI, and sponsor campaigns in various ways.

It's an interesting project to be part of.
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 12:15:12 PM

Watching full scale dumping is really boring now ..

Whatever, my 4 mil EMC2 is going to gather dust in wallets  Roll Eyes

Exactly the same thing happened in March 2014, wholesale crashing of everything ... then April happened ....

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
Armis

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:52:51 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 12:03:08 AM by Armis

The EMC2 board unanimously endorsed PICISI.

The HYPER has endorsed PICISI and intends on being a sponsor.

Hey Armis

As you know HYPER has been behind this idea from the beginning!

We are hoping to use the platform to have game developers raise funds for their indie games / online games that incorporate our currency.

Happy to help out with a PR campaign and perhaps we can also help with developers to bring the project to completion

Just let me know what HYPER needs to do, to be able to be a host cryptocurrency for people crowdfunding to develop HYPER games.

We can also do a large PR campaign to announce the project when the time is right.

Thanks!

infernoman
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:04:38 AM

Just wondering if anyone knows the EMC2 donation address for each of the blocks? im trying to setup a nomp pool and all of my blocks were getting kicked because i wasnt donating, and i didnt know how. i would like to be able to mine EMC2 and help with the donations.
Pages: « 1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 [288] 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: