Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:37:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
oskuro83

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:28:18 PM

What will happen when hardfork arrives in 2 days?

https://www.emc2.foundation/

and why do we need to update the wallet?.

emc2 website wallet it´s the recommended one to use for storing emc2 offline?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:02:45 PM

Einsteinium
EMC2
$ 2.4232748   +42.25 %

man at the overnight gains
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:56:07 PM

Einsteinium
EMC2
$ 2.4232748   +42.25 %

man at the overnight gains

emc2 could start it's climb up now 20K doable :-D weeee

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Goldsheik

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

GOLDSHEIK POWER

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:55:35 PM

This coin is horribly overvalued right now. I remember when it was hanging at #150 on coinmarketcap for like a year. Now it's showing typical pump n dump behaviors.

Here are some thoughts to why I will never buy Einsteinium:

1. The name. Einsteinium is already the name of an element, which makes things confusing. And also, why Einstein? Sure he's in the top 5 of scientists, but I think his name was slapped on there with no higher thought just because it sounds catchy for the general public. Personally I don't have any particular love for the guy, so I wouldn't idolize him like this.

2. The idea. "We give money to scientific projects". What makes the devs qualified to decide who gets the money? I'm not saying this coin is a scam but all benefit scams follow this pattern. A group of people collect money and keep most of it for themselves.

3. Use cases. Is this a usable currency like Litecoin or just a benefit fund? People seem to be buying Einsteinium just because it's a nice pump n dump. And if this is meant to be used as a currency, what makes it any better than Litecoin, for example? It would be weird to buy groceries with "Einsteinium".

If you disagree with me, it's probably because you're an investor and you want to believe in what you paid for.
I study to become a research scientist in real life and I wouldn't touch this with a 10 ft. pole.
myworkstrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:01:43 PM

Is it true that EMC2 was bought by Apple? If that is true then it is worth to invest while it is still undervalued.
I think he is highly underrated. Especially after the burning of 50 million coins will grow higher than 20000 sat. There is a good example with the coin Stratis when it was funded by Microsoft. now if Apple EMC2 funded we will go high up 50000+ sat.

I am totally Agree with you.  I am hoping that this agreement with apple will close and successful. Dec 9 - December 11 is judgement day, so we need to keep on eye about this.  Emc2 stil hold his support. I am bullish with it.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD

joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:11:42 PM

Is it true that EMC2 was bought by Apple? If that is true then it is worth to invest while it is still undervalued.
I think he is highly underrated. Especially after the burning of 50 million coins will grow higher than 20000 sat. There is a good example with the coin Stratis when it was funded by Microsoft. now if Apple EMC2 funded we will go high up 50000+ sat.

I am totally Agree with you.  I am hoping that this agreement with apple will close and successful. Dec 9 - December 11 is judgement day, so we need to keep on eye about this.  Emc2 stil hold his support. I am bullish with it.
I seen that if things works accordingly and apple will really support this project for sure a huge pumped will happen to this coin, just needed to wait for more further announcement from the dev team and continuously check any updates that will link me to this information.
gembitz

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:24:33 PM

This coin is horribly overvalued right now. I remember when it was hanging at #150 on coinmarketcap for like a year. Now it's showing typical pump n dump behaviors.

1. The name. Einsteinium is already the name of an element, which makes things confusing. And also, why Einstein? Sure he's in the top 5 of scientists, but I think his name was slapped on there with no higher thought just because it sounds catchy for the general public. Personally I don't have any particular love for the guy, so I wouldn't idolize him like this.

2. The idea. "We give money to scientific projects". What makes the devs qualified to decide who gets the money? I'm not saying this coin is a scam but all benefit scams follow this pattern. A group of people collect money and keep most of it for themselves.

3. Use cases. Is this a usable currency like Litecoin or just a benefit fund? People seem to be buying Einsteinium just because it's a nice pump n dump. And if this is meant to be used as a currency, what makes it any better than Litecoin, for example? It would be weird to buy groceries with "Einsteinium".

If you disagree with me, it's probably because you're an investor and you want to believe in what you paid for.
I study to become a research scientist in real life and I wouldn't touch this with a 10 ft. pole.

great name, great idea, plus we are starting a mining company near JPL in pasadena where Einstein had an office and Jack Parsons founded JPL!! Wink ~hodl emc2damoon<<<

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Parsons_(rocket_engineer)

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
prowe

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:14:48 PM

1. The name is chosen because you don't have love for Einstein and because they wanted to make it really confusing for you   Wink

2. I agree that a transparant way of donating projects would definitely benefit!

3. not every currency will be used to buy groceries on the long term, so it doesn't necessarily need to become usable in that way

The way of trying to be proven right is quite funny, I am a scientist, so don't touch it.

Then better invest in the dubai coin in which you lost all your money...  Tongue

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
prowe

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:18:37 PM

I seen that if things works accordingly and apple will really support this project for sure a huge pumped will happen to this coin, just needed to wait for more further announcement from the dev team and continuously check any updates that will link me to this information.

No they already announced it hasn't got anything to do with Apple  Smiley

https://twitter.com/einsteiniumcoin/status/936182110515326981

But what it will be stays a surprise... I have the feeling it will be NASA. But w'll see!  Grin

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
gembitz

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:21:09 PM

I am totally Agree with you.  I am hoping that this agreement with apple will close and successful. Dec 9 - December 11 is judgement day, so we need to keep on eye about this.  Emc2 stil hold his support. I am bullish with it.

No they already announced it hasn't got anything to do with Apple  Smiley

https://twitter.com/einsteiniumcoin/status/936182110515326981

But what it will be stays a surprise... I have the feeling it will be NASA. But w'll see!  Grin

emc2 team has alot planned and expect more attention in the mainstream media channels Wink weee

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_emc2

WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:43:05 PM

Then better invest in the dubai coin in which you lost all your money...  Tongue

Did he really lose all his money on the Dubai coin? If yes, LoL Cheesy or better, super-LoL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
drin

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:14:59 PM

In Coinmarketcap it is still showing that circulating supply is 216,105,435.
If 50 million will be burned, or have been already, will they be reduced from the above number?
If not, than what the total supply of EMC2 is?
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:34:05 PM

Good to see EMC2 still trading nicely above $2, I guess we are getting ready for another increase! Very excited what will happen after the announcement!

Nice south park meme, thats what I always try to tell people when they hear something on the mainstream media about crypto or bitcoin and want to tell me that what they learned there is the truth. Im always like: dude, thats mainstream media, just do the opposit of what they say and you will do alright!
ReinaPoma

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:48:51 PM

I tried to download the wallet but it will not let me. it says to me: "incorrect or block of genesis not found" can someone help me? Thank you

Has anyone downloaded the official wallet? who can help me? Thank you
Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 06:58:16 PM

I tried to download the wallet but it will not let me. it says to me: "incorrect or block of genesis not found" can someone help me? Thank you

The same problem

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
Goldsheik

GOLDSHEIK POWER

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:07:38 PM

great name, great idea, plus we are starting a mining company near JPL in pasadena where Einstein had an office and Jack Parsons founded JPL!! Wink ~hodl emc2damoon<<<
1. The name is chosen because you don't have love for Einstein and because they wanted to make it really confusing for you   Wink

So far you have provided zero real arguments for this coin. Just smileys, lolling and bad grammar. Wow what a bunch of investors and scientists..

Then better invest in the dubai coin in which you lost all your money...  Tongue
Did he really lose all his money on the Dubai coin? If yes, LoL Cheesy or better, super-LoL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

..aaaand the eventual ad hominem appears. Even Einstein would be ashamed of this project. And yes, Dubaicoin is the same level of coin as this Einsteincoin whatever, both unusable and pointless.
Bitcoin is the only coin that matters, everything else is just an attempt to make free money.

The way of trying to be proven right is quite funny, I am a scientist, so don't touch it.

You do realize this is a coin that revolves around science? It matters a lot how the science community sees this coin.
mn-bit-coin-talk

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:14:27 PM

1. The name. Einsteinium is already the name of an element, which makes things confusing.

2. The idea. "We give money to scientific projects". What makes the devs qualified to decide who gets the money?

3. Use cases. It would be weird to buy groceries with "Einsteinium".

You make some valid points but also come across as an arrogant dumbass.  Please consider these counterpoints:

0. You can make your points without any arrogance or condescension; try it some time, it really is possible.  (Can't promise I'll set an example today, but I've done it before I swear!)

1. The name: Just exactly who is going to be confused?  PhD's in chemistry?  Anyone learned enough to even know the element exists is going to have enough brain cells to distinguish based on context.  It's not exactly an everyday part of our lives ("honey, we have guests, let's put out the einsteiniumware").  It would be different if it was a universally known element, like Carbon... oh wait, Apple already used that to name an API of theirs.  Can you imagine all the programmers who were wandering around confused for years, trying to keep the Apple API and the chemical element separated in their minds!  Oh yeah, now I remember -- that didn't happen at all, everything was fine.

2. First, it isn't an idea that fails if the absolute best possible choice for the grants aren't made -- otherwise the entire scientific establishment's grant process could be judged a failure.  There are many different grant programs in the world, none perfect, so why try to nitpick a potential new source of grants?  The more grant money the better.  Secondly, it is my understanding that holders of EMC2 tokens will get to vote on the spending, not the devs.  Guess you'd know that if you'd done a little research before shooting your mouth off.  What field did you say you were in again?  Does it require knowing how to do research?  Did they teach you how to do that yet?  Maybe next semester they'll walk you through it.

3. I don't plan on buying groceries with Ethereum, or even Bitcoin for that matter (until / unless they fix their scaling problems), but it doesn't mean those coins don't have value, or use cases.

But I think the absolute dumbest thing you said had nothing to do with the coin.  You don't hold Einstein in particularly high regard?  And you claim to be studying to be a scientist?  How much science have you actually learned yet?  A century after one of if not the greatest intellectual insight in human history, no-one has been able to better his theory.  Not for lack of trying either.  Utter failure by all the scientists in the world working on fundamental physics to either unify the other physical theories with relativity, or replace it.  500 years from now, people will remember Einstein's name, as they do Newton today.  No-one will remember you.  If Einstein was alive today, he would not even know you exist.  But thanks for registering your thoughts with the general public.  Now we know some random guy doesn't care for Einstein.  There's no love lost the other way, believe me.
Goldsheik

GOLDSHEIK POWER

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:32:38 PM

Just answer these questions:

1. The devs. Are they scientists and what is their status in the science community? If they plan to give out money to prospective scientists, they need to know what's going on in the science world, or else they'll end up donating money to the wrong people.

2. The partners. Why are there no real scientific communities behind this project? Only "BlueLab" and "Chainwork Industries" which have no effect in the scientific research field. How about having something like the Planetary Society behind the coin?

3. Who have the devs donated money to, and how much? What was the criteria for giving money to these people?

4. What is the main purpose of this coin? If the main point is to give money to promising science projects, why not collect money directly to science instead of making people buy a coin? Unless certain people wanted to make billions in the process, of course.. Roll Eyes

Just exactly who is going to be confused? 
Just type "Einsteinium" into Google and you'll find that you get results for two things with the same name. How hard was it to come up with a unique name like Bitcoin or Litecoin? Even Sciencecoin would've been better.

it is my understanding that holders of EMC2 tokens will get to vote on the spending, not the devs
Two notable points here: the voting does not take place yet and we're living on the promise that one day it will, and just think about this for a while: how much does your typical EMC2 holder know about the science community? Most investors are 15-year-olds from developed countries that are trying to get rich.

You can make your points without any arrogance or condescension
I'm sorry if I sound like a douche, but please keep in mind that since you guys have invested in this, you're the ones with an emotional, thus irrational, attachment to this coin. I look at it from an objective standpoint.

I don't plan on buying groceries with Ethereum, or even Bitcoin for that matter
That would be because ETH is not a currency - it's a crypto fuel for smart contracts. It serves a real purpose as a token. BTC gives value to all the other cryptos.

A century after one of if not the greatest intellectual insight in human history, no-one has been able to better his theory.  Not for lack of trying either.  Utter failure by all the scientists in the world working on fundamental physics to either unify the other physical theories with relativity, or replace it.  500 years from now, people will remember Einstein's name, as they do Newton today.  No-one will remember you.  If Einstein was alive today, he would not even know you exist.  But thanks for registering your thoughts with the general public.  Now we know some random guy doesn't care for Einstein.  There's no love lost the other way, believe me.
You sort of made my next point yourself without even realizing it amidst your emotional rant: why is your coin named after Einstein instead of Newton, for example? I think Newton is the greatest scientist our world has seen, and many would agree. He's definitely my favorite and his impact on science was the greatest so far. Get my point? It's stupid to name the coin after a scientist because people don't agree on who it should be. I think it should be named after me or Newton, as I will surely derive the theory of everything.
The Zet

Activity: 152
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:09:06 PM

Just answer these questions:

1. The devs. Are they scientists and what is their status in the science community? If they plan to give out money to prospective scientists, they need to know what's going on in the science world, or else they'll end up donating money to the wrong people.

2. The partners. Why are there no real scientific communities behind this project? Only "BlueLab" and "Chainwork Industries" which have no effect in the scientific research field. How about having something like the Planetary Society behind the coin?

3. Who have the devs donated money to, and how much? What was the criteria for giving money to these people?

4. What is the main purpose of this coin? If the main point is to give money to promising science projects, why not collect money directly to science instead of making people buy a coin? Unless certain people wanted to make billions in the process, of course.. Roll Eyes

Just exactly who is going to be confused? 
Just type "Einsteinium" into Google and you'll find that you get results for two things with the same name. How hard was it to come up with a unique name like Bitcoin or Litecoin? Even Sciencecoin would've been better.

it is my understanding that holders of EMC2 tokens will get to vote on the spending, not the devs
Two notable points here: the voting does not take place yet and we're living on the promise that one day it will, and just think about this for a while: how much does your typical EMC2 holder know about the science community? Most investors are 15-year-olds from developed countries that are trying to get rich.

You can make your points without any arrogance or condescension
I'm sorry if I sound like a douche, but please keep in mind that since you guys have invested in this, you're the ones with an emotional, thus irrational, attachment to this coin. I look at it from an objective standpoint.

I don't plan on buying groceries with Ethereum, or even Bitcoin for that matter
That would be because ETH is not a currency - it's a crypto fuel for smart contracts. It serves a real purpose as a token. BTC gives value to all the other cryptos.

A century after one of if not the greatest intellectual insight in human history, no-one has been able to better his theory.  Not for lack of trying either.  Utter failure by all the scientists in the world working on fundamental physics to either unify the other physical theories with relativity, or replace it.  500 years from now, people will remember Einstein's name, as they do Newton today.  No-one will remember you.  If Einstein was alive today, he would not even know you exist.  But thanks for registering your thoughts with the general public.  Now we know some random guy doesn't care for Einstein.  There's no love lost the other way, believe me.
You sort of made my next point yourself without even realizing it amidst your emotional rant: why is your coin named after Einstein instead of Newton, for example? I think Newton is the greatest scientist our world has seen, and many would agree. He's definitely my favorite and his impact on science was the greatest so far. Get my point? It's stupid to name the coin after a scientist because people don't agree on who it should be. I think it should be named after me or Newton, as I will surely derive the theory of everything.

First of all, true scientist wouldn't go around pointing out own "scientific status" and just because of that, making own point of view as only correct one, by default. That's not science. That's arrogance and egocentrism.

"Beauty" of the name is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I find it excellent. Especially with EMC2 ticker. Simply brilliant. Name/ticker/symbol should be catchy and easy to remember, but still distinctive in ALT sea.

If you had done some real research (appropriate to real scientist), you'd find out that coin is still in development stage. Full potential would be seen, idk, in a year(?). No one ever said that dev team member are ones who would decide how to distribute funds. In fact, it is stated diametrical opposite of what you said. What you said is either lack of (scientific  Roll Eyes) research or a blatant lie. I assume "science people" would make some kind of shortlist of good sci projects, needed to be funded. Maybe community would pick one of those.
But I do understand your way of thinking. You are the kind of man who would object, no matter which project's would get funds. You'd be always ranting "why this and not that", although both projects would be good enough to be funded. Just like you're asking why Einstein and not Newton. Guess what, you have to start somewhere. If you lived 3.500 B.C. you would probably root for square instead wheels...

Either DYO PROPER! R, or spare us of your "objectivity".
The Zet

Activity: 152
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:21:03 PM

I've been at this for a year, following nearly every coin and research about them.  Grin

This forum serves a purpose, it's full of information, so I thought I'd join!  Wink

My passion are mathematics, physics, chemistry and of course art.

I know that Einstein was a physicist and the formula you use is in physics and einsteinium is chemical element.
 Confusing and illogical, and kind of funny, it's basic knowledge. Huh

Did you know that Einstein took the idea of his wife Mileva Einstein-Maric?  It was also important for the record!  Roll Eyes

How come on your website has no record of scientific research?
And where I can see projects on which scientists do?

It is well known that even on your old site there was no similar information, only about coin and a team of developers.
I noticed that in the team wasn't a scientist? How is that possible?

Or is this one of those coins? Shocked
Again, don't look for super deep meaning. It could've been Einstein coin, but there's ton of xyz COIN's. I find it refreshing it's not "coin", "bit" or something similar. It is a marketing move and I like it.

In order to include scientists, in a way it was intended, you must have (almost) fully operational platform. That's the best part with dev team. They never did rush movements. If something wasn't ready, they were never ashamed to admit it. Instead, they stepped on it, and came out with news, when job was done in a proper way.
Pages: « 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: