Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076335 times)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:09:14 PM

how much profits did you take? Are you running a coin? You write code? .. Obviously you don't get it.   Cheesy Grin Kiss lols
I'm neither running the coin nor writing a code (at least not for this project). I am long time hodler. But that doesn't bother me. I have a faith in the project and the team.
On the other hand, whatever is real bothers you. Algo change bothers you, ATW bothers you, Ben bothers you...

I understand you get excited when posting here, but coin increase in value because of a hard-working team behind it.
Because they removed wormhole feature, that was a big trouble, because they burned coins, because they did it in right time, because they activated segwit, because they are bringing businesses, because they are giving money to the science...

That's what makes the difference, not your infant "to the moon" calls. Neither will "back to sub 1000". You're irrelevant. The sooner you realize that the sooner you'll find own peace of mind. I'm rooting for ya...

wow you are out of touch with reality (you should learn how to read code) and totally missing my point... believe me i'll let you(hodlers) know if i find anything of substance here... :\ lolzzz

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:23:02 PM

how much profits did you take? Are you running a coin? You write code? .. Obviously you don't get it.   Cheesy Grin Kiss lols
I'm neither running the coin nor writing a code (at least not for this project). I am long time hodler. But that doesn't bother me. I have a faith in the project and the team.
On the other hand, whatever is real bothers you. Algo change bothers you, ATW bothers you, Ben bothers you...

I understand you get excited when posting here, but coin increase in value because of a hard-working team behind it.
Because they removed wormhole feature, that was a big trouble, because they burned coins, because they did it in right time, because they activated segwit, because they are bringing businesses, because they are giving money to the science...

That's what makes the difference, not your infant "to the moon" calls. Neither will "back to sub 1000". You're irrelevant. The sooner you realize that the sooner you'll find own peace of mind. I'm rooting for ya...

wow you are out of touch with reality (you should learn how to read code) and totally missing my point... believe me i'll let you(hodlers) know if i find anything of substance here... :\ lolzzz

LOL Pass the Popcorn...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
The Zet

Activity: 152
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:39:35 PM

:faceplam:

Okay. I'll let you "read" the code since I can't, obviously. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
I tried to explain, but you are... let's say - stubborn. Be happy with your reality. I couldn't care less.
gembitz

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:32:31 PM

Okay. I'll let you "read" the code since I can't, obviously. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
I tried to explain, but you are... let's say - stubborn. Be happy with your reality. I couldn't care less.

emc2 = kool aid party :-D ~ohhh yeah

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
The Zet

Activity: 152
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:09:49 PM

No more cautious approach? You thought I might be a new dev and maybe a source of a paid shill. But since I'm not it has to be kool-aid?!

Ahhhahahahahaha - pathetic   ~ohhh yeah

You're irrelevant. The sooner you realize that the sooner you'll find own peace of mind. I'm rooting for ya...
gembitz

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:49:44 AM

No more cautious approach? You thought I might be a new dev and maybe a source of a paid shill. But since I'm not it has to be kool-aid?!

Ahhhahahahahaha - pathetic   ~ohhh yeah

You're irrelevant. The sooner you realize that the sooner you'll find own peace of mind. I'm rooting for ya...

Kiss

emc2 foundation weeee

onionpealer

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:28:50 AM

Is it just a coincidence but at about the same time the Baikal Giant X10/N have recently become available that two of the new algorithms they support Cryptonight and Scrypt have suffered network attacks, what other algos will be next to be attacked.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:30:21 AM

Update on EMC2 algo change

1. Researching Ethash (concept and implementation) - Done

2. Implementing Ethash in Einsteinium core. - Done
In this stage, Ethash algorithm was rewritten from original implementation of Ethereum.

3. Implementing changes in block structure. - Done
Ethash demands some attributes in block header that do not exist in current Einsteinium version. Also,
adding those attributes will help in next stage.

4. Implementing algo version conditions - Done
In order to use existing genesis and create hardfork, it was needed to create condition that will check
block number and switch algo.

5. Testing block broadcast. – In progress
Functions that verify broadcasted blocks need to be updated…

6. Implementing changes in existing EMC2 stratum. – In progress
Current implementation of Stratum protocol cannot handle new attributes in block structure and API
calls.

We are making the progress with ETHash, but we do not exclude possibility to implement some other good algo, or even multi algo scenario.
It would be core devs call.

Guys ...

I warned you how much this would take and all the issues present in such a damned complex algo as this.

CWI is still open for discussion with the previous discussions that took place, as we have FOUR Algos that we have yet to implement, one we built as a plugin for EMC2.

#crysx

Crysx, I deeply appreciate your support.
Algo is the core of the core. It is a big reliability there.
If something goes wrong all coins could be gone.
That's why it is very important to be well tested algo, and testing algo takes time. In my head few years min.
On other side, we are here to stay. This thread will be active in 2020 for sure.
And this is neither first nor last EMC2 fork.
We are happy to implement CWI algo in some other coins, and test it, see how it goes.

For ETHash, seems like Bitman is releasing AISC for ETH. Lets see how it goes.
For $800 it might be just a slightly better than graphic cards.
In general you can make 500 times more efficient miner for compute intensive algos but only few  times efficient for memory intensive algos.
We are going through the process of changing the algo in our labs, but once we do that for the first time, we can implement second with  far less effort.

At the end everything will be good.

You will be able to mine EMC2 on your PC like in old good days.

All good mate.

You know we (and I) will be around for the long haul ANYWAY Smiley

The ASIC's are already out, and they hash a load faster than any GPU to date. So EMC2 has swapped one ASIC Algo for another, which defeats the purpose of the Algo change.

I agree with your 'stable' way of thinking, but science is the art of pushing boundaries, not staying with the 'mundane'. We will continue to work together and hope that EMC2 grows much more than what it already has. The naysayers will always be here, and speculators will always gamble, but as a group we should all strive for the next star in our universe, not just the next suburb.

It will be what it will be, and we will still be here mate. You are a good man, and the EMC2 team are a good group of people. You have our support in anyway we can support through CWI and it's group of projects (soon to be separate companies on their own).

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:36:23 AM

Is it just a coincidence but at about the same time the Baikal Giant X10/N have recently become available that two of the new algorithms they support Cryptonight and Scrypt have suffered network attacks, what other algos will be next to be attacked.

They are not really 'attacks' per se.

You will find they are non-miners with lots of money to invest in the equipment to mine, who really do not have much of an understanding of the way the CryptoNetWorks work. So they plugin, point and shoot.

With literally no idea of the consequences with what they are doing, they continue thinking the 'profitable' (I despise that word) way to mine is what they are currently doing.

Pity, but true. A 'real' attack (mostly coordinated) would do much more damage, as they are people who actually KNOW how to destroy a system.

Either one is still very bad.

#crysx

gembitz

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:30:06 PM

In this stage, Ethash algorithm was rewritten from original implementation of Ethereum.

Ethash demands some attributes in block header that do not exist in current Einsteinium version. Also,

In order to use existing genesis and create hardfork, it was needed to create condition that will check

Current implementation of Stratum protocol cannot handle new attributes in block structure and API
calls.

We are making the progress with ETHash, but we do not exclude possibility to implement some other good algo, or even multi algo scenario.

Guys ...

I warned you how much this would take and all the issues present in such a damned complex algo as this.

CWI is still open for discussion with the previous discussions that took place, as we have FOUR Algos that we have yet to implement, one we built as a plugin for EMC2.

#crysx

That's why it is very important to be well tested algo, and testing algo takes time. In my head few years min.
On other side, we are here to stay. This thread will be active in 2020 for sure.
We are happy to implement CWI algo in some other coins, and test it, see how it goes.

In general you can make 500 times more efficient miner for compute intensive algos but only few  times efficient for memory intensive algos.
We are going through the process of changing the algo in our labs, but once we do that for the first time, we can implement second with  far less effort.

All good mate.

The ASIC's are already out, and they hash a load faster than any GPU to date. So EMC2 has swapped one ASIC Algo for another, which defeats the purpose of the Algo change.

I agree with your 'stable' way of thinking, but science is the art of pushing boundaries, not staying with the 'mundane'. We will continue to work together and hope that EMC2 grows much more than what it already has. The naysayers will always be here, and speculators will always gamble, but as a group we should all strive for the next star in our universe, not just the next suburb.

It will be what it will be, and we will still be here mate. You are a good man, and the EMC2 team are a good group of people. You have our support in anyway we can support through CWI and it's group of projects (soon to be separate companies on their own).

#crysx

ya if you are going to switch the algo you might as well just make a new coin!! Smiley ~wow what a concept!!!

bluelab

Activity: 267
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 10:28:55 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 10:42:11 PM by bluelab

calls.

Guys ...

#crysx

All good mate.

#crysx

Let me clarify something, when I wrote 'We are going through the process of changing the algo in our labs, but once we do that for the first time, we can implement second with far less effort.' I ment before the release. Devs are just using ETHash to exercise the change. It might be or might not the final 2018 choice.

Every day holds the possibility of a miracle | www.emc2.foundation | www.bluelab.us | saved penny = earned penny
gembitz

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:50:54 PM

calls.

Guys ...

#crysx

All good mate.

#crysx

Let me clarify something, when I wrote 'We are going through the process of changing the algo in our labs, but once we do that for the first time, we can implement second with far less effort.' I ment before the release. Devs are just using ETHash to exercise the change. It might be or might not the final 2018 choice.

huh? changing algo is not hard but why? :\   ~ looks like we could see some more selling dev funds = 50+btc #greed_is_good  Roll Eyes weee lol

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:23:57 AM

calls.

Guys ...

#crysx

All good mate.

#crysx

huh? changing algo is not hard but why? :\   ~ looks like we could see some more selling dev funds = 50+btc #greed_is_good  Roll Eyes weee lol

they can check if it happens, anyone can see that: EKnqTC9XEuucZEhD3miDGnbJxBptcxhByA
gembitz

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:33:28 AM

calls.

Guys ...

#crysx

All good mate.

#crysx

they can check if it happens, anyone can see that: EKnqTC9XEuucZEhD3miDGnbJxBptcxhByA

who controls those coins? :-D you going to wait till bitcoin hits $3500 then do something? :\ pfft

djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 12:55:16 AM

calls.

Guys ...

#crysx

All good mate.

#crysx

who controls those coins? :-D you going to wait till bitcoin hits $3500 then do something? :\ pfft

reserved for science projects
gembitz

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:29:37 AM

calls.

Guys ...

#crysx

All good mate.

#crysx

LOL !! what individual holds those coins or is it a multi-sig wallet? :-D +how much you wanna bet insiders have more tucked away!!?

bluelab

Activity: 267
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 01:34:06 AM

calls.

Guys ...

#crysx

All good mate.

#crysx

LOL !! what individual holds those coins or is it a multi-sig wallet? :-D +how much you wanna bet insiders have more tucked away!!?

someone who is around since 20 sat should now answers on all those questions

Every day holds the possibility of a miracle | www.emc2.foundation | www.bluelab.us | saved penny = earned penny
djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:45:13 AM

calls.

Guys ...

#crysx

All good mate.

#crysx

i'm in charge of the foundation funds for the past 3 years,

Each member of the foundation bought his own coins (because we believe in the project)
gembitz

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:47:18 AM

calls.

Guys ...

#crysx

All good mate.

#crysx

Each member of the foundation bought his own coins (because we believe in the project)

ok well if you are claiming to be a foundation ...who are you :-D didn't you just tell me your foundation is facing legal uncertainties!!! hello?

djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:53:24 AM

calls.

Guys ...

#crysx

All good mate.

#crysx

ok well if you are claiming to be a foundation ...who are you :-D didn't you just tell me your foundation is facing legal uncertainties!!! hello?

Nope i said that we were legally working on the foundation registration
Pages: « 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: