Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:20:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM site report - Minersbit.com  (Read 3952 times)
g0re79 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 07:08:03 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 10:41:26 PM by g0re79

I was super dumb not to hear inner panic bell and to ignoring clear scam signals and  apply for premium memberhip on Minerbit.com, so I want to share this story and possibly save someone coins. FYI I dont care much to loose them myself, as its fraction of what I already lost.

Long story short:
Stay away from minersbit.com until further notice - althought their offers are quite tempting, You´ll only loose Your coins. Despite their proofs and certificates, its clearly SCAM for me ATM. There is also unconfirmed information that someone provided this site with same credentials as for other sites inc. gmail and lost his funds on BTC-e and Cryptsy, so be careful with this.

Little longer:

Signals that should warn me that there is something wrong:

You can not withdraw less than 0.08 BTC
so there is enought time for them to run theirs dirty operation)

You´ll get 0.001 BTC (about $0.5) per one of 6 daily clicks on adds
There is more than 14k of users ATM, so with plain math You´ll end on over 84 BTC per day to be payed. No one can afford to pay this much.

No transaction IDs on proof of payments
I can make literally hundreds of tables with made up names and numbers

Lack of information
There is not enought info on site, nothing about mining, nothing about company.. Furthermore its quite obsolete desigh

Not enough security
Site does not provide any special security features, like 2FA and so

Timeline:

Firstly I consider to apply for membership, because it was quite good offer - join for 3 months for 0.5 BTC and mine with 200GHs something about 1.6 BTC (including diff increase) + anything from ads (about 0.8 BTC) + refferals. I´d like to get some more information, so I post first email:

1. March 2:44 AM GMT+1

Hello,
I am thinking about upgrading membership, but I need some more information before.
1) Does mining starts automatically after upgrading and run for 24/7 (like on Cex.IO) or do I have to do something
2) Can I choose where / what to mine and if so how is that managed (eg. can You post me image of interface)
3) I need more info about Your company, like adress etc. Also some photos (company building, mining machinery...) would be nice.
4) Why You don´t have website in other languages, like french, when You stating that company is based in France
5) How can You afford to pay so much for viewing ads and how long do You expect it will stay on 0.001 (+ refs)
Thanks in advance and have a nice day

Reply was quite fast, but also very confusing:

1.March 2:57 AM GMT+1

Dear Gore Hoax!
1, Mining 24/7 automatic, all you have to do that:login mining dashboard and click start button.
(Mining dashboard:start,pause,credited to account balance button, and 24h speed and mining graph)

2, access and speed is only yours /upgrade speed limit/

3,access and speed is only yours /upgrade speed limit/ im sorry i can not I send pictures and give demo access
it is  our company policy
Verisign,BBB and sitelock  trust and  monitored . that's public information.

4,Minersbit Ltd language only English  and we do not plan other languages

5,Minersbit own main profile cloud mining, addition Paid To Click and lottery.

The membership  discount continues to this day!

Our long-term designed for the company
the cloud, so all members can profitable high profit
and affordable cloud hashing

I wish you a very nice day
Regards,

Kenny J.
Minersbit Ltd. Staff2

This should be last warning light, but as its 1. March, it would be nice to count with full month (I know its lame..). And furthermore - No pain no gain. On about 6:20 AM GMT+1 i ordered premium membership for 3 months and few minutes later I made payment to adress provided by website:

https://blockchain.info/address/18ETu9g86eGd1UeKwgpbxr81RQ25CSjWiK (time is GMT)

Then, despite information that it can take up to hour for payment to be processed, i sended another email to support (suddenly from web so no back evidence of it), stating that its more than 2 hours and payment is already 7 times confirmed by network. Reply came after about 20 minutes:

1.March 8:50 AM GMT+1

Dear Sir!
I apologize for the late answer.
But today, the support team was very busy.
Your transaction Coinjar wallet Pending status.
Coinjar sometimes Temporarily keep the transaction
there is no reason to panic, please be patient
This may take a couple of hours.
Although it is unusual to have SUCH a long period of time pending...
Once the transaction is complete I upgrade your membership.

Or this is a special offer just for you:
What has changed during blockchain wallet.
There's no transaction status pending.
please re send 0.5  bitcoin and I immediately  activate your new membership:
Blockchain wallet:1DPwRcBYtxbR5q3VBiTiMvUTHWKmgCxfbK
the inconvenience compensation : I activate immediately professional membership 3 month.

Or wait until it is completed transaction coinjar more few hours up to max 12h.
And i update your membership 3 month premium.
You decide sir.

We apologize for any inconvenience
respect,
Kenny J.
Staff

Do You hear another panic bell? How they can even think that someone can be so stupid to send them another coins? I repplied immediatelly:

1.March 8:58 AM GMT+1

I was told to pay to adress 18ETu9g86eGd1UeKwgpbxr81RQ25CSjWiK (as can be seen on screenshot) and I made payment (as can be seen as confirmed in blockchain - https://blockchain.info/address/18ETu9g86eGd1UeKwgpbxr81RQ25CSjWiK ) so there is no reason for You to not upgrade my membership now. I really hope that Yours other services works better...

Then I went to sleep, as I was awake whole night. After waking up and realized that nothing changed on minersbit.com, I check blockchain again and find out that coins were already transfered to another adress!! Furthermore I did not even receive reply, so sent another one:

1.March 14:43 GMT+1

Hello, any news about my issue? According to this:
https://blockchain.info/address/18ETu9g86eGd1UeKwgpbxr81RQ25CSjWiK
were coins already transferred from adress where I have sent them to some other adress by You, so I don´t have a clue why my account is not already upgraded. You have 2 options now - upgrade my account ASAP or send me my coins back to 1NRj9zWoh5HgZogs4Y5L78xcmxiimLUWwN otherwise i will flood all possible cryptoworld forums and news sources with information about this all. Choice is Yours. Cheers.

Reply came in at 17:22 GMT+1 and to all wonders - it was exactly same as previous, with one difference - instead of 12 i should wait 24 hours now. Super only for me offer was still there with same adress (still empty ATM, thanks got no one was catched on this).. I fired next email and awaiting..

1.March 17:29 GMT+1

I have already get exactly same answer from You several hours ago. You have to be nuts if You think that I am going to send You another coins. Activate my account ASAP or refund me to 1NRj9zWoh5HgZogs4Y5L78xcmxiimLUWwN

So this is so far my story, I once again recommend You not to send them any coins and wait for what´ll follow, as I´ll keep this updated.

If You thing this was usefull for You or that I´ve saved some of Your coins, You can (althought I am pretty sure nobody will) tip me on 1BstA5U3uyYcYZ37JA9Z7UrPrp9JcRLK74

Thanks for Your time and stay tuned.

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
g0re79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 07:09:42 PM

---RESERVED---

[/url]
stokecrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:19:29 PM

Yes they are a scam, I'm the unconfirmed guy Wink
I'll pm you the details you requested OP, just bear with me while I do some due diligence pls.
Ive got E-mail conversations ongoing with them, their English is pathetic and these are the most unprofessional E-mails I have ever seen.
The person writing the Emails on behalf of minersbit keeps using the term "I" as opposed to the term "we", so I am pretty sure minersbit is just 1 little saddo in his mothers bedroom using a foreign server/vpn to scam people with a nifty looking, too good to be true offer on a shitty fake website.

I'll be in touch.

locopao
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:35:05 PM

Their (or his) site is down.

This was too good to be true
g0re79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 10:39:50 PM

Well it seems that party is over anyway - site is down for more than 2 hours.. Went in "mainteance mode" 15 minutes after I emailed them with link to this topic and some time later it went down for good. Lesson (re)learnt: Trust no one in cryptoworld, especially if offer sounds too good to be true.

Edit: I found this interesting article, connected them to rpevious scam. Too late, but anyway:

bitcoinadvice.bugs3.com/minersbit-com-son-of-the-probitcoin-org-and-probitcoin-com/

[/url]
g0re79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:51:51 AM

So the story continues..

Code:

<center><b>
Dear Minersbit Members!
<br><br>
we regret to inform hurt today at server time: 9:00 am - 13:00  hacked the  minersbit system. <br>
There is no reason to panic about to return, we ask our members hurt will immediately change their password to <font color=red>generate a completely new your minersbit account password and your change other password security!!!</font> <br>
<br>
The data and system restoration has started. <br>
We ask everyone to calm and  patience .<br>
<br>
<br>
The hacker contacts from which we received threatening e-mail: dgo0933+7jcz3o@guerrillamail.com <br>
The hacker email datas:
<br>
<br>
From: dgo0933+7jcz3o <dgo0933+7jcz3o@guerrillamail.com> hide details<br>
To: minersbit.com <minersbit.com@hush.com><br>
---------- Forwarded message ----------<br>
Subject:  Miners bit business<br>
To: advertise@minersbit.com<br>
Hi,<br>
we have all your data, please deposit 1 BTC to this address in the next 24<br>
hours and or we will release it to the public with the site name on it.<br>
<br>
hacker bitcoin address:
<br>
16s4vpGr1ZAoCUCuJQifJSSkcPXScioFvD
<br>
1J9UY2ZLnSXNhGzHBupoSqCTgPAL69LGHb
<br>
<br>
<br>

<br>
<br>
<br>

<br>

<br>

very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience! <br>
The system will return soon<br>
sore sincerely,<br>
Minersbit Admin.<br>
<br>

</center></b>

[/url]
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:58:13 AM

So the story continues..

Code:

<center><b>
Dear Minersbit Members!
<br><br>
we regret to inform hurt today at server time: 9:00 am - 13:00  hacked the  minersbit system. <br>
There is no reason to panic about to return, we ask our members hurt will immediately change their password to <font color=red>generate a completely new your minersbit account password and your change other password security!!!</font> <br>
<br>
The data and system restoration has started. <br>
We ask everyone to calm and  patience .<br>
<br>
<br>
The hacker contacts from which we received threatening e-mail: dgo0933+7jcz3o@guerrillamail.com <br>
The hacker email datas:
<br>
<br>
From: dgo0933+7jcz3o <dgo0933+7jcz3o@guerrillamail.com> hide details<br>
To: minersbit.com <minersbit.com@hush.com><br>
---------- Forwarded message ----------<br>
Subject:  Miners bit business<br>
To: advertise@minersbit.com<br>
Hi,<br>
we have all your data, please deposit 1 BTC to this address in the next 24<br>
hours and or we will release it to the public with the site name on it.<br>
<br>
hacker bitcoin address:
<br>
16s4vpGr1ZAoCUCuJQifJSSkcPXScioFvD
<br>
1J9UY2ZLnSXNhGzHBupoSqCTgPAL69LGHb
<br>
<br>
<br>

<br>
<br>
<br>

<br>

<br>

very sorry and apologize for the inconvenience! <br>
The system will return soon<br>
sore sincerely,<br>
Minersbit Admin.<br>
<br>

</center></b>
So all your concerns and assumptions turned true..! Yeah with 15k members that is around 90BTC/day for free, i don't think its logical and affordable for anyone, no matter ho rich they are with BTC, now this hacking story will go on for a while till all the members accept in there hearts that it was a scam....!lets see what they will say in next few days.

bittycents

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:26:09 AM

tsk.. nice! another hacking ending story Shocked .... who's next? Lips sealed
Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:13:03 AM

yea... it seams that they are same scammers like those probitcoin.org and probitcoin.com. And now, same like then site is down 24~48 h after I publish evidence about their scam at bitcoinadvice.bugs3.com

also they tried to intimidate me and threaten me with lawsuits.

The honalopt and the article will soon be Forwarded to the Relevant Persons since you are a serious violation of the company’s honor

and

the report was done on the data submitted to the commercial court.

Cheesy

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
assassinsgreed

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:27:17 PM

Yeah these guys are 100% the same people behind probitcoin, proven scammers. Persistent aren't they!? The similarities are endless, I knew immediately that they were the same scammers.

Sorry to whoever has thrown bitcoin at this. They got me the first time around! 0.3 down the toilet. 

I actually only signed up to warn everyone as the last few posts here weren't showin >:(g as a non member. I'm glad you've all worked out what a bunch of c***s these guys are. Sorry again for everyones losses. I wish Id got here sooner to save you!
tintumon

Activity: 364

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:47:41 PM

I had an account there with the same password as for my trading email account.
And my email got hacked too and i think its the same guys who ran miners bit did it.

My email has logged the IP address of the hacker
 183.171.166.211 Malaysia,
in case if it helps anyone tracing them down.

If their english was bad in communications, this makes sense, I think.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:25:48 PM

I had an account there with the same password as for my trading email account.
And my email got hacked too and i think its the same guys who ran miners bit did it.

My email has logged the IP address of the hacker
 183.171.166.211 Malaysia,
in case if it helps anyone tracing them down.

If their english was bad in communications, this makes sense, I think.
wtf if they are going down to that level. Yesterday I saw they asking For donations after crying for getting hacked , day before that they shared some hackers btc address i'm quite sure it was there own , and flashing it on there front page was a scamming strategy.

ltcjunky43

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:59:20 PM

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/183.171.166.211 IP location. Remember though this could be a red herring
BitFisk

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:48:54 PM

If it is a malaysian guy who is doing all this scamms it could be the same thing that happened to the "bitcominers" scam that happened some weeks ago. There are many cloud mining scams that could be related to the same guy (or guys). like "btcoincloud.com or some other that were reported.  Everybody just please do all the research before buying. I was also scammed by bitcominers, but fortunately it was just a few bucks. However I read that some people were scammed for thousands of dollars, and these people are getting away with it. Just don't buy anything if they are not able to respond in a fluid English. I'm not very fluent either but I'm not running a company, and someone who is, would at least have some people able to respond correctly. And also remember "if it is too good to be true, then probably is"
g0re79 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:05:29 PM

If it is a malaysian guy who is doing all this scamms it could be the same thing that happened to the "bitcominers" scam that happened some weeks ago. There are many cloud mining scams that could be related to the same guy (or guys). like "btcoincloud.com or some other that were reported.  Everybody just please do all the research before buying. I was also scammed by bitcominers, but fortunately it was just a few bucks. However I read that some people were scammed for thousands of dollars, and these people are getting away with it. Just don't buy anything if they are not able to respond in a fluid English. I'm not very fluent either but I'm not running a company, and someone who is, would at least have some people able to respond correctly. And also remember "if it is too good to be true, then probably is"

Just carve this to the stone, pal

[/url]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: