Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:32:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Order Books and Order Forms logic of work  (Read 115 times)
cKamikadze (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:43:46 AM

Hi all,

First of all, I am sorry for my noob question, I tried to google the answer, but it looks like the answer is so obvious (for everyone except me, haha) that nobody discuss this question.

On many exchanges I see the following logic of work:

- There are two Order Books: Buy and Sell
- There are two Order Forms (to create order): Buy and Sell
- If I click on the already created order from the Sell Order Book, it will auto fill the fields in the Buy Order Form.
- If I click on the  already created order from the Buy Order Book, it will auto fill the fields in the Sell Order Form.

The question is what for do exchanges need it? What is the logic behind it?

Because, as far as I understand, even after I "autofill" the form, and click Buy (or Sell), the matching will not be toward the order price (that I filled) but for the best price? Or no? Or it will match toward price I filled and all the better prices, and therefore there will be more than one matching and several buys/ sells?

Please, help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1963

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:39:54 PM

This method of buying and selling works on centralized exchanges. You will trigger the cheapest order. On decentralized exchanges (etherdelta), you can execute any order.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
biofuel

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:23:40 AM

Hi all,

First of all, I am sorry for my noob question, I tried to google the answer, but it looks like the answer is so obvious (for everyone except me, haha) that nobody discuss this question.

- If I click on the already created order from the Sell Order Book, it will auto fill the fields in the Buy Order Form.
- If I click on the  already created order from the Buy Order Book, it will auto fill the fields in the Sell Order Form.

Because, as far as I understand, even after I "autofill" the form, and click Buy (or Sell), the matching will not be toward the order price (that I filled) but for the best price? Or no? Or it will match toward price I filled and all the better prices, and therefore there will be more than one matching and several buys/ sells?

Please, help.

You should specify in your question what exchange you use because all exchanges are different. Fordelta's (typical DEX exchange) utilizes a one order book logic while centralized exchanges another.
TheBiochemist

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 08:44:41 PM

Hi all,

Please, help.

Hey, you are right, you can submit a buy order at for example 100 satoshi for a coin that has sell orders starting at 50 sat, this only means that you will buy all sell orders up to 100 sat as longs as your funds will last or buy a specific amount.

This is a good feature to be able to place small and fast orders. Other than that, you can check the order book for sell / buying pressure, if there are low  amounts of buy orders you might want to place an order at a lower value and wait for a drop.

https://hive.blog/@clausewitz
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:14:41 PM

It could be helpful if you could tell us what exchange you are using. These autofill features are there to help you make your buy or sell quicker. They don't mean that you can't manually change the price after the fields have been auto-filled, or make your own bid or ask.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: