Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:25:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with scammers  (Read 1576 times)
PlayChip

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:11:47 AM

Here's the trick... look for REVERSE-ICOs. Reverse ICOs are businesses introducing a token into their existing business ecosystem.

That means they have existing revenue streams, customers and infrastructure to deploy their token into. This means they can accept fiat during their token sale and don't have a complete dependence on funds raised to get their projects off the ground.

This article provides a good overview of the concept.

https://bitcoinist.com/reverse-icos-a-better-alternative/

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
howoldareyou

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:36:18 AM

I think the current scam ICO should be an important reason for the bear market. Their scam project defrauded people's investment, making those real projects unable to get enough investment, and the worst part is that because of the large number of scammers, people are no longer I believe in ICO again.
Adelbertsteiner

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:26:53 AM

Now ICO projects are very much, so want to invest you need to find out thoroughly. Phishing projects often make bold claims about the product, even if the project is not new and breakthrough. Obviously, a blockchain or a digital money platform cannot afford to put an end to poverty, tackle global warming or replace the internet. If someone pledged his digital currency to replace Bitcoin, owning an incredible number of users or worth 100 times more, then it would certainly be a fraudulent project.
muhammedayo1

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

Stalker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:44:16 AM

The best way to stay safe right now is not to buy into any ICO.

If you like the project, wait for it to hit exchange before you buy.

Funny enough, in this bear market, you'll even get it cheaper than the ico price when it reaches exchange.
That's the new trend.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
BamBog

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:04:38 AM

I have experienced this too, buying tokens in their crowdsale, after I looked at the dev and whitepaper profiles on their website, I felt interested and invested a few, unfortunately after launching, their tokens nothing have value in the market.
I think they also manipulate data on their website when updating the number of sales tokens, as if many people have already bought it and made us believe.
ToniJu

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:23:12 AM

As a bounty hunter, I often encounter false bounty missions. This is very normal. I am also disappointed with the current mission and airdrop!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
cuong1610

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:23:52 PM

In fact, everything in the world have a fraud, not just in the crypto.
What do we do with them?
To me, when I can not be sure what, the way I always tell people to think carefully before deciding. And I think everything is fair  Smiley
Mycrypto1222

Activity: 275
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 05:55:09 PM

What to do with scammers? - Well don't trust them  Tongue

BlockchainMuffin.com (https://blockchainmuffin.com/)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:20:52 PM

Aside from avoiding them the other thing you can do is to report this scammers in order to avoid other people from being one of the victims. Knowing yourself what the scams are is a good thing but reporting them and warning others is the best option. Keeping one away from the streets will mean a lot of people will be save from their dark schemes. Also you never want to participate in any of thos scams as there is absolutely no return from this kinds of imvestment opportunity.
Kulgan8989

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:19:40 AM

One good ico covers 5 bad ones. You do not need all the capital to invest in ico. Let's say you have 10,000 dollars.  2-4к take for ico.
tooklau

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:38:03 AM

I have been cheated by ICO, and I have now given up on investing in any ICO project, because even a seemingly perfect ICO project can be a scam!
mweezy

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:39:29 PM

The easiest way to recognize them is to do research. but first you should consult those people who have encountered such frauds. this can be very useful.
You are right, but it really difficult to recognised them if you refuse to do research my question is where can we do research about them because I check this forum but I can really see any thing like that.
fantusi

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:48:31 PM

I saw 70-80% ico are scam which are not reliable .they do smart work and making projects by invester and advisers and after not giving token ,making scami .what to do with them. Have you ever fallen in scams ? I am fallen some time .
It is a normal thing to encounter fake stuff on the internet, I always assumed everything I see on the internet is scam unless proven otherwise...just take the risk
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:03:01 PM

What type of person are you? Do you care for others? If so, you can take preventive measures by actively educating and discussing in forums or to your acquaintances who are interested or have just started investing and trading. You also have to be very patient explaining to those who are just newly started, because not everyone understands the concept of investment and crypto.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:50:08 PM

There are scammers every where both in real life business and online business, it is in your place to be careful before investing in any business because it will be very difficult to retrieve your money when it is gone.
Problem is, its easy to scam and its hard to get your money back. Because of that think twice about what you are doing.
I was scammed, tryed to get my money back for years. Wasted only nerves and time not mentioning more money.

Think twice.
Asadali569

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:03:26 AM

I saw 70-80% ico are scam which are not reliable .they do smart work and making projects by invester and advisers and after not giving token ,making scami .what to do with them. Have you ever fallen in scams ? I am fallen some time .
I think that if you have been engaged in crypto currency for at least one year, then at least once during this time you had to deal with scammers. Currently, there are too many such projects. Investing is dangerous. Unless you are 100 percent sure that the team that stands behind the project is real and professional. It seems to me that this should be regulated precisely at the level of legislative acts. And not one country but many states. Otherwise, we all will face this for a very long time.

Definitely right because when I started my journey in 2017 August, I invested in this scam by mistake. It was called bitpetite. I didn’t know much about crypto and how things worked. Though stay away from any place that promises a FIXED PROFIT. Because one thing I’ve learned in blockchain and crypto is that nothing remains constant.

However, one of the best coins to buy or invest in are pivx and TenUp (pre sale).
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

There are so many scams in the ICO.  Believe me, even you do so much research, there is a high chance that the one you are joining is still a scam.  I think the best way to eliminate joining scams is to follow trustful bounty managers.  You know that they do their job of researching bounty campaigns prior promoting it.

pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:04:20 AM

I've lost money two times, both times it was because of my health problems + scam/ fraud or very unprofessional behaviour from 3rd party services that I dealt with.

It's heartbreaking for me.

What to do with them? Force them to repair the damage. I don't really believe in punishments, if it's possible to repair the damage (and at least in one of my cases it's possible) it should be enough. I don't how longer I'll manage to live, but this money could be used by my family... And we really need money, I won't go into details but if I would go public with what we've been through we would be featured in TV  Shocked

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: