Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:52:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-08-25] Google Searches for ‘Bitcoin Price’ Sink to Three-Year Low  (Read 291 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:01:14 PM

Did the author just glanced at the chart and decided that the score for "bitcoin price" is the same as it was 3 years ago? Because I just went to Google trends and checked it, today the score is 9, while in 2015 it was 1 for the whole year. This means that "bitcoin price" is still googled 9 times more than in 2015. So, either the author doesn't know how to look at charts, or they are deliberately spreading FUD.
Also, interesting to note that the searches now are close to where they were in Q1-Q3 2017, so during this bear market Bitcoin is as popular as it was during last year's bull market.

It's the normal way of proving a point at all cost. For instance, if I wanted to prove to the uneducated masses that eating meat is not healthy, I'd write an article quoting every single case of somebody getting sick after eating meat and ignore the rest.
I've seen similar articles that aim to make Bitcoin look bad by showing its price. All they start in a similar manner "bitcoin has lost 15k USD this year" "Bitcoin is down 70% since January", and so on. They don't ad that it has gained the majority of that 15k or 70% in a month. That wouldn't make it look so dramatic, right? Tongue

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███