Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:33:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ✅【ANN】【MAINNET PREVIEW】 IoTeX - A Decentralized Network for Internet of Things  (Read 60192 times)
zimne (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 03:14:39 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2018, 01:47:07 PM by zimne
Merited by Hilde X (2), Tuareg (1)

bitcointalk admins
Please notice this ann post is for the IoTeX (IOX) coin, which is an altcoin with his own blockchain, it's not a token.
This is the official post from the team.

website  | whitepaper  | twitter  |  telegram-official  | telegram-announcements  | blog  | reddit  |  linkedin

details  | code | demo | wallet

A Decentralized Network for Internet of Things

Join our Telegram Group Now!

Despite its rapid evolution, IoT is still far from reaching mass adoption and lacks “killer applications”
that would draw new users to the ecosystem due to issues such as low scalability, high operating cost,
privacy concerns and lack of functional values.

IoTeX is tackling this problem by introducing token economy into IoT spaces as we strongly believe that crypto
incentives as well as the community effort are the two key forces to propel innovations in IoT space. In short,
IoTeX is the next generation IoT-oriented blockchain platform with strong scalability, privacy, isolatability and
developability for incubating new IoT applications and ecosystems.

IoTeX Key Innovations

Blockchains-in-Blockchain Architecture

IoTeX is a network of many blockchains that are hierarchically arranged, where many
blockchains can run concurrently with one another while retaining interoperability.
In the IoTeX world, as shown in the Figure above, the root blockchain manages many independent blockchains, or subchains.
A subchain connects to and interacts with IoT devices that share something in common, e.g., they have a similar functional purpose, operate in
similar environments, or share the similar level of trust. If a subchain does not function well, e.g., being attacked or experiencing software bugs,
the rootchain is completely una ffected. In addition, cross blockchain transactions are supported to transfer value and data
from subchains to the rootchain or from one subchain to another via the rootchain.

Fast Consensus and Instant Finality of Transactions

Block finality is the guarantee that the new block generated is final and cannot be changed.
Block finality impacts the concrete implementation of cross-chain communicaton substantially as one subchain
has to wait until block finality is achieved (at least with high probability) on the sending blockchain
before accepting an incoming cross-chain transaction. Most public blockchains like Bitcoin do not have instant finality:
the receiving blockchain can only get a probabilistic assurance,  e.g., as more PoW miners confi rm a transaction,
it is more probable the transaction has been accepted in that blockchain.
Utilizing a finalizing consensus addresses this problem because the receiving chain has assurance
with one single block con firmation on the sending blockchain.
For IoT applications, cross-blockchain transferring of value and data is expected to be fast and cost-eff ective,
which requires a finalizing consensus mechanism on both rootchain and subchains.
IoTeX consensus achieves instant block finality as one of his many features designed to fit the Internet of Things future applications.

Roll-DPoS Consensus Mechanism

To have a fast and efficient consensus mechanism with instant block finality in the context of IoT,
we combine the concepts of DPoS, PBFT and Veri able Random Functions (VRFs). VRF was first introduced by Micali et al.
and is a family of functions that can produce publicly veri able proofs for the correctness of their random outputs.
Our Roll-DPoS mechanism improves over the existing DPoS by making it massively scalable (with a dynamic size
of the pool of delegated nodes auto-scaling depending on the size of the blockchain), more democratic i.e. less centralized
(allowing more and more nodes to participate to the consensus) and more secure against attacks
(by an innovative randomized algorithm applied to select the block procucers actually participating in the consensus).

Built-in Privacy-Preserving Transaction

The privacy provided natively by Bitcoin and Ethereum is limited to pseudonymity.
Transaction details are not con dential. The transaction amount and the assets being transferred,
its metadata, and its relationships to other transactions, can be trivially learned by anyone.
In fact, there are three aspects of privacy, sender privacy, receiver privacy and privacy of transaction details in this context.
Various cryptographic schemes can be applied to address them: IoTeX integrates stealth address for receiver privacy,
ring signature for sender privacy and Pedersen Commitments for hiding transaction amount with the following
innovations and improvements: (1) A lightweight stealth address scheme is designed to  exempt receivers from scanning
the entire blockchain to be aware of incoming transactions, and (2) Ring signature is optimized
to make it compact in size without a distributed trusted setup.

Metrics

Total Supply
10.000.000.000 di IOTX (fissi)
Private Sale (closed)
25.000 ETH
Token Price
1 IOTX = 0,0000125 ETH
(+20% bonus)

Team Background

IoTeX’s global team is comprised of (10+) Ph.Ds in Cryptography, Distributed Systems,
and Machine Learning, top-tier engineers, and experienced ecosystem builders.
In the founding team we have:

..........................Raullen Chai
Ph.D and Research Scientist in Cryptography at UWaterloo.
Head of Crypto R&D at Uber, Security Engineer at Google.
8+ years of experience in cryptography and blockchain.
Xinxin Fan
Ph.D in Cryptography at UWaterloo. Sr. Research Engineer at Bosch Research.
14 years of research and industry experience in information security and crypto.
40+ publications / patents.
Qevan Guo
Ph.D in Machine Learning and Computer Vision at National University of Singapore.
Engineering Manager and Research Scientist at Facebook.
Growth Hacker. Startup investor and advisor.
20+ publications / patents.
Jing Sun
Founding partner of Sparkland Capital, focusing on Frontier Tech,
lead 40+ investments and innovations in blockchain, security and IoT.
Board director on numerous companies.
Extensive experience in startup, investments and building up ecosystem.

Roadmap

Academics Papers

Private Investors

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zimne (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 03:19:04 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 07:31:38 PM by zimne

Bounty Post

Test-The-Net Bounty Program (NOW CLOSED)
5:00 PM on 9/18/2018 — 5:00 PM on 9/21/2018
We may extend the campaign period if necessary

Hello everyone! At the end of August, we were excited to release the Testnet Beta Release: Epik,
focusing on bringing usability and tangibility to the IoTeX Testnet.
In the past two weeks we have received huge amount of positive feedback on this release.
Now we would like to thank you for your support by introducing our new community reward program:
Test-The-Net, to celebrate the successful release!

Check the release details here

In this campaign, you will have the chance to earn IoTeX points (1:1 to IOTX) by testing our wallet
and run our FIRST DApp connecting to the wallet.
The fun Roll-Dice DApp is built for users to request more EIOTX test tokens to participate in this campaign.
It is a good Proof of Concept of building & running DApps on our Testnet with the support
of the newly integrated EVM in Epik release.
This DApp will be open sourced to contribute to the blockchain development.

Check the full post for all instructions

3dyx

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

https://twilight-coin.io/

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:42:28 PM

i think this is will be good project. may i know about the origin of the main office. thank you and good luck

ruplikminer

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:48:22 PM

Mineable?
romul1972

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:58:14 PM

Have IoTeX got a white paper? wanna see it. Thanks in advance.
zimne (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 04:06:41 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2019, 01:43:53 AM by mprep

i think this is will be good project. may i know about the origin of the main office. thank you and good luck

Hi! Thanks for your interest and your support! We post on Twitter from time to time with more personable photos and general updates so be sure to follow us there Wink. As for offices, we are located globally in many countries such as US, Singapore, China!

Mineable?

Hi, yes IoTeX is "mineable" in a similar way of PoS systems, so it's rewards will be proportional to your stake, though it's consensus is based on a variant of DPoS (innovated under many aspects), so you will not be required to have your node online all the time (you will "vote" your delegated node). That's a very desired feature for IoT devices too, because they usually are not online all the time: nonetheless, in IoTeX they will be able to "participate" to the consensus by voting a delegate.

Please notice that IoTeX is tailored for most IoT use cases, 12% of the total supply is reserved for mining,  it will be mineable for 50 years, and rewards will decrease linearly.

Have IoTeX got a white paper? wanna see it. Thanks in advance.

Sure! You find links in the ANN post above, or just visit the Academics page here https://iotex.io/academics you will find the whitepaper in different languages and other academic papers (some more to be released soon).

If you are into advanced cryptography math, you will find the Yellowpaper https://iotex.io/yellow-paper detailing our Roll-DPoS consensus (which will be officially published on the website soon, after some more details get added/finalized).

Behiri

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:35:05 PM

This sounds incredible. Any idea how long this will take to build up?
zimne (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 05:53:24 PM

This sounds incredible. Any idea how long this will take to build up?

Hi Behiri!
Yes! IoTeX hopes to really revolutionize the IoT space by providing an infrastructure for all IoT devices manufacturers and IoT DApp developers by providing a Blockchain that includes all the required features (especially full privacy, instant transactions, subchains by device type, crosschain interaction, massive scalability, smartcontracts) in a  solid, flexible, industrial ready solution.

The roadmap is very tough, and testnet beta release is announced by August 30, 2AM GMT, while mainnet preview is expected around October 31st already!

Bramadi

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:00:07 PM

I think this is good project im read it and this project have a bounty campaign to make people participate this is a very succesully
zimne (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 06:09:05 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2018, 10:44:57 PM by zimne

I think this is good project im read it and this project have a bounty campaign to make people participate this is a very succesully

Hi Bramadi, thank you for your support!
Feel free to join the official  Telegram Group: http://t.me/IoTeXGroup

ganegani91

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:23:46 PM

whether this project reads and meets the current shortcomings of the system in circulation. I think it's quite interesting if all your operations are perfectly realized

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
zimne (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 06:55:46 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2018, 10:48:06 PM by zimne

whether this project reads and meets the current shortcomings of the system in circulation. I think it's quite interesting if all your operations are perfectly realized

Hi, thank you for your interest in IoTeX!
So far, all the planned milestones have been delivered always within the roadmap deadlines, plus several academic papers have been released (Roll-DPoS, DKSAP-IoT, see first post links) and are currently under review of the academic community. So far, we don't expect any delay in the next roadmap deadlines.

Meanwhile, with the release of Testnet Beta on next Thursday, the IoTeX blockchain with most features already implemented will be testable by the community. You are welcome to provide your feedback!

rumancox99

Activity: 117

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 07:09:11 PM

i think its agood project .but is this coin minerable or not??have you any bounty programme???
zimne (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 07:19:30 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2018, 10:50:56 PM by zimne

i think its agood project .but is this coin minerable or not??have you any bounty programme???

Hi rumancox99,
sure, please check out the bounty post here (there is a bounty program ongoing right now!)

IoTeX will be mineable for 50 years (starting from final mainnet release in 2019).

Though the IoTeX Roll-DPoS consensus mechanism improved the existing DPoS in several ways in order to fit IoT applications (e.g. by achieving massive scalability, instant transactions and full privacy), only to give you a rough idea of how it will work you can expect a "mining/forging" system similar to EOS, where you can vote a candidate node to become a "delegated node" (or "block producer"), and then share mining rewards with him, proportionally to the coins you stake in your wallet.

proo7

Activity: 210
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:27:42 PM

What I don't like is very high total supply....
but there are some interesting things in this project

I would like to see more info about team members
as I see they worked in some of the top workplaces

zimne (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 07:51:12 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2019, 01:44:13 AM by mprep

I would like to see more info about team members
as I see they worked in some of the top workplaces

Please check out the website https://iotex.io homepage to see (part of) the team.

The team is very knowledgable, both Raullen Chai and Prof. XinXin are considered like celebrities in the cryptography community ;-) while Jing Sun, she led 40+ investments in blockchain, security, and IoT! Same for most of the team members that are either scientific researchers or top tier experienced engineers coming from high level roles in big companies.

You can participate to the current bounty program and, if you answer correctly to the questions (hint: see the partnerships website here https://iotex.io/partnership !!) you will have the opportunity to join an intimate livestream with the team on August 31st!

Also, AMA sessions held bi-weekly on reddit are a good place to ask everything to the team (I highly suggest to check previous AMA sessions questions/answers!)

Finally, please join the official telegram group and ask any answer!

About the supply, it is common for a Blockchain targeting IoT to have a supply in the range of billions as a minimum. This Blockchain is supposed to connect tens of billions of devices interacting with millions transactions in seconds!

desi_translator2018
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:25:28 PM

RESERVED for HINDI translaion....

helloo admin.... can i translate ANN page / WHITE paper  to HINDI(INDIA) language ??

here is my portfolio.....
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TTRWTdF-VC71_TgP4dcsy6wH4BoL9cxB

waiting for your confirmation..... thank you.......
zimne (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 08:29:23 PM

helloo admin.... can i translate ANN page / WHITE paper  to HINDI(INDIA) language ??

Hey! Let me check with the team and I’ll be back to you 👍🏻

shagorbleed

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

https://twetch.com/u/42191

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 08:33:40 PM

Can we mine this coin now? if not when we will be able to mine? i also want to know if there is any bounty for bitcointalk users exist.
zimne (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 08:48:19 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2019, 01:44:30 AM by mprep

Can we mine this coin now? if not when we will be able to mine? i also want to know if there is any bounty for bitcointalk users exist.

Hi please see this reply: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4955975.msg44671365#msg44671365

Thank you for offering your help! So far, it is not requested to localize the project into Hindi, but I will contact you in case of future needs

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: