Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:02:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will regulating cryptomarkets increase or decrease trading volumes?  (Read 472 times)
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:46:34 PM

I don't agree with it. Now there are many trust funds that invest in various projects. How much did you earn from investing in these funds? It will be the same with government regulation. The most promising projects will be recognized as unreliable and will be redeemed by the rich. These projects will generate revenue for them. The most promising projects can be banned by the government for political reasons.
If such a thing is going to happen, would there not be something to hold against it to be able to easily ban it? As long as the promising project is legal and not going against the law, I am sure such a thing would not happen. Sure, in that case, we should expect the bigger players to want to be holding a strong hand in such a market and there is no 2 ways about that, as this would give them a chance to be the market maker in every scenario of the market as the case may be.

Getting the support from the government will give the crypto market better trust from others and it means more money will come in to cryptocurrency specially to bitcoin.
Yes, in that kind of scenarios, we should expect that a lot of big investors in the finance sector will also want to be a part of the cryptocurrency ecosystem since there are so much benefits to derive from it and in that case, there would be a lot of volume in that case considering how big the institutions are always into anything they want to be a part of. In as much as annoying regulation may sound sometimes, the actual fact is that we really need it to move forward.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:17:02 PM

the fact remains that one of the forces that attracted so many persons to bitcoin is decentralization of currency and when it is regulated what do you think will happen? what happen to hard currency will also happen to it monopoly by few cabals. as such the volume of trade will be affected negatively by mass exodus of investors.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:38:03 PM

worldwide regulatory bodies are looking to set legal guide rules to regulate crypto markets which will limit ICO.

Do you think that this will increase the size of crypto markets since it will increase trust, or would it decrease the size of crypto since the number of ICO will go down    Huh Huh

Tough question. It's hard to envision what will happen in the future as always since there are simply so many variables.

What I believe is that volumes shouldn't change that much. In fact, volume may actually be positively affected by regulation if it is reasonable and aims to protect crypto traders from scammy exchanges etc.

But if regulation comes, then I think most of the volume will shift from individual traders to institutional investors, as it becomes easier and safer for them to enter a market which regulated. It'll become harder for individual traders to execute trades, however. But ultimately, it depends on what sort of regulation we are talking about here. Whether tightening KYC, exchange licensing, and so on.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:51:54 PM

worldwide regulatory bodies are looking to set legal guide rules to regulate crypto markets which will limit ICO.

Do you think that this will increase the size of crypto markets since it will increase trust, or would it decrease the size of crypto since the number of ICO will go down    Huh Huh

I actually think it will increase trust and the trading volume will increase. If the market is well regulated, we will have space for institutional investors, for merchants and for normal use. This will lead to more money entering the market as a form of investment, and more money entering the market for real bitcoin use. I still believe regulation is a good thing, so I'm not really afraid of it.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:39:57 AM

Do you think that this will increase the size of crypto markets since it will increase trust, or would it decrease the size of crypto since the number of ICO will go down    Huh Huh
I really think that the increasing regulation while being very unpopular between the members of this forum and all of those that have held their bitcoins for a long time will help the price of bitcoin to reach new heights, people are going to feel a lot more protected with regulations in place and this will bring a lot of fresh money which by the way we need if we want bitcoin to reach its previous all time high.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:06:25 AM

Once regulated then expect for these sudden change would really have significant effect.I do see also that the price will really increase yet the trust have been already built up considering that there are still lots of big institutions,corporations which is still on doubt due to cryptocurrency decentralization.There might be some people dont like it but i do see most people will prefer such thing.
Even without regulation, it is beginning to have a huge effect. Looking at what has happened to CTR recently, we would realize how much the system is already and gradually being cleaned. It is a highly self principled distributed system hence it will work more effective than a centralized regulated system.

In one word, even the projects in the market who have gone against the rules in the past when the market was not regulated are no longer going to be safe in a regulated market, while those who are legal will remain and in this kind of structure, there would be a lot of trust for those who may want to invest big in the market.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:56:50 AM

It will surely decrease the ICOs since regulation means that startup companies can't be popping with project everyday where they only copy someone's else work and edit some of them and presented as new work. However if we're talking about trading volume then it depends on what law each countries will apply into bitcoin. Forex market and stocks markets are regulated and they have big volume compared with other investment market.
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:00:13 AM

Perhaps limiting ICO will be beneficial to the development of the crypto currency and will inspire confidence in this technology from new investors, when there will be no scam projects.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:14:39 AM

There are a lot of implications when cryptocurrencies become regulated by the government. You must understand that almost all investment mechanisms are regulated and controlled by the government which explains on why they are viewed as the standard instruments of investment. If cryptocurrencies were to be regulated, expect prices to be controlled at some moment. This will lessen its volatility and become centralized. If the government also has the control of it, they can provide collaterals and securities to most investors which protect them from scams and hacks.

Despite having some positive conditions when regulated, in my opinion it defeats the purpose of investing into bitcoin- wherein you realize large amounts of profits in a short amount of time comared to other investment instruments.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
GangNamSK

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:45:58 PM

I'm a bit more optimistic. With regards to ICOs, more regulations should be able to weed out those that were set up with the intent to scam people. This would increase overall investor confidence in the market, which might encourage them to put in more money. Since the legit projects get more share of attention - and funds, it also increase the likelihood that they'd succeed.
I do not think so. Increasing or decreasing transactions depends on many factors.
If the market is well regulated, we will have space for institutional investors, for merchants and for normal use.
This will lead to more money entering the market as a form of investment, and more money into the market to use real bitcoin.
I still believe the rule is a good thing, so I'm not really afraid of it.
Then we can identify the market.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:46:48 AM

I see regulating cryptocurrency as a thing that will increase the cryptocurrency market because trust will increase and the market will enjoy investment inflow from both corporate and individuals. Reducing the ICOs is good because majority of them are scam recently.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: