Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH amount hacked by Clipboard attack!  (Read 401 times)
CoinOnTheBeach321

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:07:44 PM

This is a bit shocking. People are coming up with so many ways to scam the people. And the fact that they used the clipboard to do that is baffling. But thanks a lot for warning us about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 09:12:36 PM

Or, why not avoid the problem completely and make a cold wallet?
You will never be phished if you have a cold wallet.
Better yet, stick your addresses and keys in a safe or vault hidden in your home and no one will rob you.

Feel like cold wallets are too much of a hassle?
Then get a hardware wallet.
Yeah, the good ones can be expensive (ledgers are around $100), but they are easy to use, and 1000x more secure than anything else.

Basically, if you are using any mobile, web, or pc based wallet, you are putting yourself at risk.
Don't let convenience make you lazy in protecting your assets.

Oh, and did I mention that leaving everything on an exchange is the worst idea ever?
I can't believe people actually do that...

Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 143

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:17:36 PM

Hi friends,

Yesterday one of my friend got hacked by pishing. I mean by clipboard attack. He lost his ETH. It is very dangerous hack.
Clipboard attack can change and know any data while you copy and paste.

So, Be careful while you do copy and paste your password or address. Check every time after pasting your translation address.

And you can also use a manual technique which is unique.

Wherever you save your address or private key will remove/change one digit and save it. but you have to remember the digit. because when you will paste anywhere you have to add the digit by checking the address.

This technique is useful.

No one could hack you even though they have your password.

because only you know the correct password.

Thanks.👍✌️

Friends this awareness in not only for Ethereum but also for all crypto asset. I hope this thread will make us aware and will make more educated.

I have always wondered about this, I have also never thought to change eather 1 letter or number!!!!

Thanks for the tip!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:18:06 PM

I'm very sorry for your friend loss...  I'm really scared about this kind of attacks and that's the reason that I use a cold hardware wallet
HyperLup

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:20:28 PM

We must make sure that we use the original site while doing our work on the internet, it will be useful to check and clean our computer at regular intervals. Also, we should not store our private keys on our computer.
Aptekary

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:35:59 PM

We must make sure that we use the original site while doing our work on the internet, it will be useful to check and clean our computer at regular intervals. Also, we should not store our private keys on our computer.
It seems to me that the technology is developing and hackers are using every opportunity to achieve their goal. Our personal data and financial resources are always under attack and unintended actions can become dangerous for our property. On this basis, you can not just expect that something will be safe.
liripoop

Activity: 232

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:41:56 PM

The fact that people are now being able to hack by using the aid of clipboard is somewhat terrifying. This makes us look so vulnerable. But thank you for sharing it with us and for warning us.
SummerHamster

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:24:15 PM

I think this is really one of the most secure approaches to anticipate being hacked. They are formulating diverse methods for hacking into the wallets. That is the reason the utilization of a hardware wallet is fitting. With that, you will be 100% safe and there won't be any dread of somebody hacking into your wallet.
GreotDollyce

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:30:20 PM

Thank you a lot for the information. There are a lot of hackers those who try to get the User id and password to get the personal information. So, we should be careful about clicking on the various advertisements. Those advertisements are also for phishing.
WrayburnBTC

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:44:22 PM

I think using vanity address is an efficient technique to spot clipboard attack. This trick is more effective and beneficial when we have many transactions. That manual trick is good but very time-consuming.
MeaglesMind

Activity: 181

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:47:02 PM

You have given a very good idea. I frequently use clipboard and I did not have any idea about this type of attack. Next time I definitely will try out this manual trick.
ynatopak14

Activity: 458
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:47:42 PM

This is great tip for all the user here in forum.
i never put my address on any website but here in the forum or in google form.
btw, about hacking, the private key was paste in any thing? or anywhere?
NeckettMarket

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:49:33 PM

I cannot thank you enough for this awareness post. This is really horrifying!  The technique you have provided sounds really effective to prevent ourselves from getting victim of clipboard attack.
GhostAltCoin

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:53:20 PM

I think your companion's PC has been influenced by ransomware that has duplicated the con artists deliver to the clipboard. You ought to remind your companion to keep refresh and never attempt to tap on any suspicious connection. It appears as though your companion being caught by a scammer.
bit..what?

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:56:23 PM

Thanks for your advice.
I will pay more attention in the future, if i have the right address in the clipboard.
Really a shame, as hackers try to steal our crypto.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
Thatimber7

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:56:43 PM

It’s really a great and easy way to secure your wallet. But can it be completely secured your wallet from every attack? I think everyone should be more aware of this kind of attack to save their assets.     
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:57:26 PM

Hi friends,

Yesterday one of my friend got hacked by pishing. I mean by clipboard attack. He lost his ETH. It is very dangerous hack.
Clipboard attack can change and know any data while you copy and paste.

So, Be careful while you do copy and paste your password or address. Check every time after pasting your translation address.

And you can also use a manual technique which is unique.

Wherever you save your address or private key will remove/change one digit and save it. but you have to remember the digit. because when you will paste anywhere you have to add the digit by checking the address.

This technique is useful.

No one could hack you even though they have your password.

because only you know the correct password.

Thanks.👍✌️

Friends this awareness in not only for Ethereum but also for all crypto asset. I hope this thread will make us aware and will make more educated.

yes this is an old attack some months ago i watched a youtube video in which he was discussing this virus which change the sending address, always check the last and starting digit of your address before sending the funds

Catesknee

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:01:23 PM

It’s really a safe way. The hackers are just insane, in any way they managed to hack your wallet. That’s why I always prefer hardware wallet which is comparatively safer than other wallets.
SnodGrass74

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:12:43 PM

On account of the private key, it's best to compose it on a sheet of paper, or in two if conceivable. If not, you will risk overlooking the digits or letters that you have changed and what's more, you will, in any case, be in danger of being hacked and that the aggressor finds your trap.
CryptoSimmonds

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:15:09 PM

It’s a good idea indeed. This type of problem becomes a regular thing nowadays. Thanks for sharing this trick. It will definitely help people to not being the victim of this kind attack.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: