Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 09:01:59 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Governments and Bitcoin  (Read 10254 times)
river

March 29, 2011, 09:43:07 AM

I suggest eMansipater and friends fork the bitcoin client code to automatically send a percentage of each transaction to the government.

so what .. are you a Nazi spy or something that works for the government ... are you serious .... this is why they made it open source .. so douche bags like you can't take hard earned food off someone else plate.

It's not bad enough that the government {BEEPS} everyone and makes you idiots believe that all their criminal activities are lawful, but now you want to {BEEP} a perfectly working system ... Huh

What was the point of having anonymous addresses, encryption, and peer-to-peer untraceable features, if dumb {BEEPS} like you want to make it all traceable to GIVE IT ALL TO THEM ... and put your asses in jail for NOT OBEYING YOUR {BEEPING} TAX GOD!   BEEP DUH!

I REALLY don't like to curse .. but fucking think people ... you dumb asses have obviously NEVER looked at the Magna Carta or Common Law Rules, you've obviously NEVER even attempted to seek out your rights or liberties, and you obviously don't want them, your too {BEEPING} scared of another MORTAL to grow a set.   SO BE IT .. but do NOT attempt to {BEEP} the rest of the planet just because your a retarded {BEEP}.

"I suggest eMansipater and friends fork the bitcoin client code to automatically send a percentage of each transaction to the government."   OK .. let say you idiots do this ... first off .. NO ONE will use the system anymore ... cause it would suck then just like FIAT.
Also ... which government .. there are hundreds of them ... are you going to make people in Australia pay Taxes to the U.S. or maybe Britian ... dumb shits ... it's a stupid and NON-feasible idea.

People that keep on about "ooohh ..all these CRIMINALS not wanting to pay THEIR SHARE of TAXES" .. {BEEP} you .. there's something on your shoulders you've never used before .. and REALLY need to start ... it's called a BRAIN.

It only take 1 BILLIONTH of a Volt to have a simply thought ... try not to electrocute yourselves.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

March 29, 2011, 09:49:09 AM

I agree with that last post.  ^^^
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 10:49:37 AM

Lol!  I hope you guys realize I'm being sarcastic!  Anyway, I doubt that very many people would choose to use the client that skims of part of every transaction for the government.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
deadlizard

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 29, 2011, 11:31:47 AM

Anyone who wants to change the operation of the bitcoin network can just FORK OFF.

btc address:1MEyKbVbmMVzVxLdLmt4Zf1SZHFgj56aqg
gpg fingerprint:DD1AB28F8043D0837C86A4CA7D6367953C6FE9DC

eMansipater

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 03:45:50 PM

Do you advocate the use of violence against me, for refusing to fund violence against you?
Nope--I'm only looking for voluntary participants.  That's why I'm in favour of free movement across borders so that people can live under whichever jurisdiction they want.  I also think that having a good variety of jurisdictions is beneficial, provided that none of them prevent people from exiting should they so desire.  But people have to commit to jurisdictions--no living in one and keeping all your money offshore to avoid its laws.  I'm not inherently opposed to meta-jurisdictions but they not to be worked out carefully and typically will result in overlaps by design.  It's still not a perfect system because some issues addressing societies automatically transcend any boundaries, such as epidemiology.  But at this point in history I believe it's a good balance.

Paying tax is a self incriminating process.
most people have never paid tax, it's gone before you get your hands on it.
Not sure how it is where you live, but where I live those of us running businesses pay tax ourselves after we calculate our profits.

When hard money comes back they will cease to exist in the most part because they no longer have to the power to expand uncontrollably without tax-payer say-so. They will hate bitcoin inherently no matter how you spin it. If you can convince them that bitcoin is good for govt., go ahead, it will be the greatest trojan horse attack in history.
First of all, it's very hard to interact with any of this because you consistently fail to differentiate between the american government and other governments.  But it's quite naive to believe that either will be "ceasing to exist" presently.  If I draw on my limited knowledge of american history, the great depression was a big deal, but it didn't cause the government to blink out of existence.  Actions have consequences, and there has been some massive financial mismanagement, particularly in america, but these sorts of things lead to changes in administrations and shifts in voting sentiment, not to elimination of governments.  Just like at Iceland for a prime example.  If you believe otherwise, put your money where your mouth is.  I and probably a lot of other people would be happy to take your money over the idea that government will cease to exist in any major country within the next 20 years.  If this isn't what you meant, then it's probably time to tone down the rhetoric because the thermostat is set too high.

Whatever else you believe you must realise that most people today are not anarchists, and therefore participate willingly in modern democracies despite their flaws.

So NO ... there is NO exaggeration here .. this is all technical facts from history and government records.
If there's no current internet rule about the correlation between all-caps and exaggeration, I hereby claim it!

COLEMAN'S RULE:  ALL claims containing ALL CAPS exaggerate, INCLUDING THIS ONE

I suggest eMansipater and friends fork the bitcoin client code to automatically send a percentage of each transaction to the government.
Sorry em3rgentOrder, we're too busy trying to do this with banknotes Wink

Anyone who wants to change the operation of the bitcoin network can just FORK OFF.
lol, nice.

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
sortedmush

Activity: 126

The geek shall inherit the earth.

View Profile
March 29, 2011, 04:02:33 PM

Do you advocate the use of violence against me, for refusing to fund violence against you?
Nope--I'm only looking for voluntary participants ..  But people have to commit to jurisdictions

Doublethink much?
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 04:16:07 PM

Nope--I'm only looking for voluntary participants ..  But people have to commit to jurisdictions
Doublethink much?
Wrong bolding.  People have to commit to jurisdictions.  You're either in or out, but you can change your status without coercion (at some limited rate).  Otherwise this is just ridiculous--live in a country but then pop out if you're ever charged with a crime, etc.  Keep in mind some jurisdictions could be anarchist zones.

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
sortedmush

Activity: 126

The geek shall inherit the earth.

View Profile
March 29, 2011, 04:28:55 PM

Wrong bolding.  People have to commit to jurisdictions.  You're either in or out, but you can change your status without coercion (at some limited rate).  Otherwise this is just ridiculous--live in a country but then pop out if you're ever charged with a crime, etc.  Keep in mind some jurisdictions could be anarchist zones.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you advocating the validity of the social contract?
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 05:00:03 PM

@sortedmush discussion continued in Off-topic.  Any other questions about my own approach to anarchism and governments ought to be quoted and continued there.

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 06:20:34 PM

Ahh, the social contract...it's not very social, and it's not really a contract.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
river

March 29, 2011, 06:56:47 PM

In my previous post I said do not screw with bitcoin ... I never said do not fork a new project .. but that NEW project that is forked would NOT be bitcoin would it.. it would be something else that does not interact with bitcoin ...  but to alter the operation of bitcoin would be to fundamentally change it's nature .. no more anonymity, no more individual control, just once again .. a central "controlling" authority at gun point, most people, if not everyone .. would simply scrap it.

so I don't care about a fork per say .. I care about when people talk about a FORK that is not a fork .. it's an alteration of the existing bitcoin itself ... if you want another project  great .. go for it, start something new and unrelated with different rules .. but don't screw the existing one is all I'm saying, you can improve the functionality, or ease of use or whatever, but not it's basic nature.
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 07:10:20 PM

don't screw the existing one is all I'm saying, you can improve the functionality, or ease of use or whatever, but not it's basic nature.
I agree with you completely, my friend.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.