Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:24:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not seeing 620 again any time soon (and I hope I am wrong)  (Read 2217 times)
EuroTrash (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:28:32 PM

IMHO There is not a hope we are going to see 620 any time soon. Monday 10AM Japan time a phone number will be very busy crushing hopes (or worse, giving false hopes and prolonging the agony) and making headlines that will possibly give the market an excuse for next drop.

Mr. American Joe Goxxed has suddenly discovered the risks of trusting some website with his coins and money (no matter how popular), and won't likely touch Stamp either, because it is another foreign exchange, or BTC-E that is run by whothefuckknows*.

Other selling forces are hodlers that bought above current price and are slowly losing hope. Oh, and bitcoin thieves (likely including MK himself).

OTOH thanks to the recent headlines, some people just awoke to the idea that bitcoin is worth shit. Bullish! Blockchain.info is at 1.3 million wallets and still growing. New waves of people will enter the game in time, maybe with a small sum on Coinbase, because whynot, but only when they will think the price is right. Everyone wants to catch the bottom and most people miss it, of course. My friends who do not have bitcoins say now they would buy at 100-300. So based on sampling their opinions I expect a painfully long bottom somewhere around 350.

I'll be a happy person if this post proves to be wrong because I hate long downward slides. I am facing my own fears and greed.

* Note: This is not a stance against anonymity. You can do what you want with your money as long as you accept responsibility for your potential losses.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ray Anastasio

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:37:49 PM

The gox situation will limit panic selling, as people will be more apt to withdraw BTC to cold storage rather then keep them on the exchanges.  Get in, get out, minimize your risk by keeping cash and coin off the exchanges.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:56:51 PM

The gox situation will limit panic selling, as people will be more apt to withdraw BTC to cold storage rather then keep them on the exchanges.  Get in, get out, minimize your risk by keeping cash and coin off the exchanges.
What about traders? They need both btc and fiat at exchange in order to trade? Long tranfer time equal missed oportunity.
threecats

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:05:23 PM

IMHO There is not a hope we are going to see 620 any time soon. Monday 10AM Japan time a phone number will be very busy crushing hopes (or worse, giving false hopes and prolonging the agony) and making headlines that will possibly give the market an excuse for next drop.

Mr. American Joe Goxxed has suddenly discovered the risks of trusting some website with his coins and money (no matter how popular), and won't likely touch Stamp either, because it is another foreign exchange, or BTC-E that is run by whothefuckknows*.

Other selling forces are hodlers that bought above current price and are slowly losing hope. Oh, and bitcoin thieves (likely including MK himself).

OTOH thanks to the recent headlines, some people just awoke to the idea that bitcoin is worth shit. Bullish! Blockchain.info is at 1.3 million wallets and still growing. New waves of people will enter the game in time, maybe with a small sum on Coinbase, because whynot, but only when they will think the price is right. Everyone wants to catch the bottom and most people miss it, of course. My friends who do not have bitcoins say now they would buy at 100-300. So based on sampling their opinions I expect a painfully long bottom somewhere around 350.

I'll be a happy person if this post proves to be wrong because I hate long downward slides. I am facing my own fears and greed.

* Note: This is not a stance against anonymity. You can do what you want with your money as long as you accept responsibility for your potential losses.

Yep. exchanges been on fire all weekend long with people losing hope & cashing out.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:14:59 PM

Really? Bitstamp volumes are extremely low and prices down just a few dollars. Seems like the market is waiting for some news or a cue of some sort. Could well drift further down but I'm not seeing it today.
yrtrnc

Activity: 605

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:08:58 PM

or BTC-E that is run by whothefuckknows*.

I thought btc-e was owned by http://www.mayzusfs.com/
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:14:12 PM

Really? Bitstamp volumes are extremely low and prices down just a few dollars. Seems like the market is waiting for some news or a cue of some sort. Could well drift further down but I'm not seeing it today.

Probably because everyone is withdrawing, so less traders.
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 07:36:26 PM

Probably because everyone is withdrawing, so less traders.

The ones who held btc would have to sell first!
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:05:26 PM

Perhaps we need to wait some more thats all. Be optimistic.
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:15:34 PM

Big changes often happen following thin volumes/nothing moving much. I guess it only takes one big buy/sell to push sentiment one way or another. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if something decisive turned up soon.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:25:14 PM

I heard 800 is comming Smiley easly!

hehehe this thread topic is funny.
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:48:01 PM

I heard 800 is comming Smiley easly!

hehehe this thread topic is funny.

I heard that too. Never from anyone who had a clue what they were talking about though.
Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:59:02 PM

Please tell me more about the big Madoff ponzi stock scandal and how it destroyed the worldwide stock market.

Feri22

Activity: 748

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:01:29 PM

Say what again?  Wink
Feri22

Activity: 748

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:03:22 PM

No hope for 620 yesterday, next day 620 hit...LOL LOL LOL
maximum

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:10:33 PM

epic fail
Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:15:14 PM

This thread is a JOKE.
EuroTrash (OP)

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:24:19 PM

I was wrong. I hope you are as happy as I am.

Grin

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:27:11 PM

I was wrong. I hope you are as happy as I am.

Grin

Not seeing 620 again any time soon (and I hope I am wrong)

I hope you are right. I am all in, too Smiley

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:28:04 PM

$620 is history!  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: