Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:05:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Cosby buys 750 BTC  (Read 1037 times)
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:28:01 AM

Reportedly Hollywood actor Bill Cosby has recently bought 750 BTC (around 5 $million at the time of the purchase) when he was advised to do so by his financial advisor, in an attempt to save some of his wealth from what's coming to him after all the rape accusations.

Im not sure if he is a rapist or not because I haven't looked at the evidence, but like or not, this is a clear use case of Bitcoin. His net worth is like half a billion USD, so I guess this is like a plan Z to keep 5 million which would be enough to live without working in case things go very bad for him.

I found this interesting nonetheless and worth mentioning here. Full news:

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/bill-cosby-buys-750-bitcoin-btc-worth-5-million-to-save-500m-fortune-from-wife/

if his properties are seized from him, that will include the crypto he just bought, so I see no reason to do that in terms of keeping the funds aside. It's probably just an investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:32:07 PM

Hollywood is a scam industry. They show nonsense in 2 hours movie and earn $20 million. Same as Bitcoin $400 to $6000.

Some $40,000,000,000,000 has been invested in Gold over past 100 years and Gold gives 15% profit in one year. Just like businesses and jobs where people are the producers and hard workers.

Actually Bitcoin is hub for scammers and criminals. Central banks has rejected Bitcoin as high risk asset

Are you the 77th iteration of kwukduck perhaps? Funny how your only task in the forum is say how bitcoin is a scam and gold is awesome. May some r0ach alt?  Tongue

Anyway, isn't it obvious how dumb it would have been for cosby to buy gold instead of bitcoin? i mean this is the perfect example. He wants to protect his wealth from confiscation and you are telling him to buy gold?

For the record, this is how $6 million worth of gold looks like:

Good luck moving that around when you need to.

Funnily enough, that picture is from this news piece:

http://www.mining.com/italian-police-seize-12-gold-bars-at-swiss-border-26440/

Could this have happened if he was moving his millions in BTC? exactly. Please assume already that bitcoin is better than gold in most departments.

PS: If he is really guilty he should pay, this is only theoretical in demonstrating bitcoin's strenght against confiscation, for bad or for good reasons.

Nontheless, why I should believe all of these women were really raped? probably there is some truth there, im not defending Cosby and I think he is a rapist, but as with all celebrity cases like these, there are a bunch of opportunists too. Im sure at least some of these demanding $millions are fake, so a % of these fake accusations could be saved with bitcoin. Some background info:

Table of accusers' allegations

Cosby has been accused by 60 women of rape, drug facilitated sexual assault, sexual battery, or other sexual misconduct. There were also two instances of alleged child sexual abuse, both involving girls 15 years of age. The earliest alleged incidents took place in the mid-1960s, with the rest scattered all the way until the latest in 2008.

Cosby attorney Marty Singer stated, “There is virtually no standard by which the media are holding Mr Cosby’s accusers.” “Anyone and everyone who wants to file a suit or get on television can be guaranteed fawning coverage. The very same media have demonstrated an unconscionable disinterest in the veracity of his accusers and their motives." Media accounts cite examples such as accuser Chelen Lasha and her attorney, Gloria Allred; Lasha accused Cosby of sexual assault in a televised press conference with Allred on December 3, where Allred demanded Cosby pay $100 million in damages for Lasha and other alleged victims. Public records show that Lasha has a criminal history going back to at least 1988, including a guilty plea for filing a false report to police.

Cosby has maintained his innocence and repeatedly denied the allegations. In November 2014, in response to a question about the allegations, Cosby said: "I don't talk about it".[4] Cosby has declined to discuss publicly the accusations in past interviews.[5] However, he told Florida Today, "people shouldn't have to go through that and shouldn't answer to innuendos".[5] In May 2015 he said, "I have been in this business 52 years and I've never seen anything like this. Reality is a situation and I can't speak."[6]

Well it seems that everyone is now looking forward to BItcoin. This announces the future of the Bitcoin and potentiality of crypto market in future. I hope he gets a good return at his old age

LOL you're joking, right? I hope that he loses his private keys or something.
He should be in prison for what he's done to his victims, if you read about what he has done exactly, you'd probably think the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby_sexual_assault_cases

You can't ban him from buying Bitcoin of course, but it's not really good advertising either...

See post above.
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:34:30 PM

This is great news for all crypto enthusiasts and a smart move by  Bill Cosby if the story is true. But wait a minute, I thought Bill Cosby was serving a prison sentence for sexual offences, how is that possible for him to buy bitcoin when he is in prison.
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:45:15 PM

I do not know if this is accurate information on his allegations. But I believe that deciding to buy 750Bitcoin as saving for a bad thing can be a wise decision. Maybe he figured out that this would happen or something went wrong, so he bought Bitcoin.

automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:41:25 AM

Financial institutions and celebrities are grabbing the opportunity of  bitcoin bear market low price present time is the lowest price of bitcoin availability in the market
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:43:28 AM

Reportedly Hollywood actor Bill Cosby has recently bought 750 BTC (around 5 $million at the time of the purchase) when he was advised to do so by his financial advisor, in an attempt to save some of his wealth from what's coming to him after all the rape accusations.

Im not sure if he is a rapist or not because I haven't looked at the evidence, but like or not, this is a clear use case of Bitcoin. His net worth is like half a billion USD, so I guess this is like a plan Z to keep 5 million which would be enough to live without working in case things go very bad for him.

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/bill-cosby-buys-750-bitcoin-btc-worth-5-million-to-save-500m-fortune-from-wife/

It goes further to show the world that some people still have very strong believe and support for bitcoin and the future of cryptocurrencies. The future is still very bright with great things to be achieved

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
TBboys

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:20:29 AM

Changing cash into bitcoin should not be a means of evading criminal punishment. This will only have a negative impact on crypto such as Bitcoin, making people think that Bitcoin is only for criminals.
I hope that the government can have some ways to force him to surrender his own bitcoin, although we all know that as long as he does not provide a private key, his bitcoin cannot be taken away by anyone.
Bitcoin should exist for fairness, not criminals.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:32:08 AM

I think because of his order, bitcoin surged on 8K usd during the month of August. I hope it will happen right now because I am waiting the bull run eversince I started here. I thought it will be a happiness in my part since I began to join in this community back when bitcoin reach its peak. Well, it never happen again.

esetop01tryba

Activity: 238

https://www.empirehotels.io

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:07:18 AM

Now it is not surprising that celebrities buy bitcoin, as some have already released even their ICO projects. And anyway, I don't think that is an indicator.

EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) (https://www.empirehotels.io/) The Future of Hospitality
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:34:49 AM

As funny as it is this can actually be true but my concern is that since this has actually been reveal and its circulated round the social media then I dont think converting part of his money to crypto can actually save his money in case thing go back because the government can actually trace that and take the money from him and by the way this might even be an added problem for him in case he was being charge for trying to hide his asset by converting his money and saving it in an anonymous digital currency if actually its a crime for doing that.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:07:20 AM

At least he was given a suggestion by someone who really knew about bitcoin. Saving all assets and buying them against bitcoin is indeed a contradictory way, on the other hand every bitcoin fan believes bitcoin will have high prices in the next few years, but some of them still question the function of bitcoin so they are not interested in investing in it.
Quitthis

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:12:12 AM

Now he got raped
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 12:40:37 PM

If i were in cosby’s position i will do the same thing and i may buy more than $5million

Though i know this can be forfeited by the government when time come he was convicted of those rape cases but atleast he tried to take out money from the state

But cosby should pray that before the conviction he might made profit here in cryptocurrency
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:33:56 PM

It means that his financal advisor is someone wise. I would believe that the bitcoin price would not fall anymore and it is right time for invest. And ofcourse this is very good news because the famous people would give our market great benefits when they buy bitcoin or cryptocurrency.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:52:30 PM

Let them do whatever they want to their money, afterall they have the capacity to do it and thinking that they will have their investvent grow even more. It is not clear in your statement when is the exact date he bought bitcoin. Im just thinking whether he is now have his investment back or crying in the corner for his big loss. I just want to know how his financial adviser convinced him to invest in bitcoin, because it is really effective. Imagine 750 bitcoin ($5 million in the time of purchased is not a joke) is a big money and really help somehow to increased bitcoin price
tiktak89

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:03:32 PM

This can serve as an excellent advertisement for bitcoin, because such news is credible. I made sure that I was doing the right thing by investing in bitcoin, since it is unlikely that this person would have just spent so much money on bitcoin if he was not sure of it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:28:11 PM

I don't know who Bill Cosby, but the fact that he spent so much money on bitcoins says a lot. Certainly advice about the purchase of bitcoin gave it some very financially literate people. And this once again confirms that investing in bitcoin is truly profitable.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:39:02 PM

This is great news for bitcoin, as it is a very large and serious investment in cryptocurrency. If a person is not afraid to invest such a huge amount of money in bitcoin, then it means that we, just small investors, should not be afraid of cryptocurrency.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
minhlee95

Activity: 527
Merit: 101

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:57:30 PM

Such a large investment in bitcoin deserves respect. And also adds confidence to bitcoin, as the purchase of 750 bitcoins is clearly a balanced and deliberate decision. I hope that our hopes will come true and all our investments are not in vain. And such a major purchase of bitcoin gives me more confidence.

Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:01:53 PM

I think that he is investing for a long time. I think that this is a positive signal for the market. More and more large-scale buyers appear.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: