Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:35:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 solo mining, how?  (Read 25915 times)
bitspender (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:52:55 PM

Hey guys,

So, i'm running 4Th (20pcs) Antminer S1's. I just like to try for 30 days to solo mine with them  Grin
How do i make the setup? I've read that you need to point your miners to 127.0.0.1, but does a standalone miner have this?

Can somebody explain me what's the best way to solo mine using a standalone (20x) device?

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:45:37 PM

Hey guys,

So, i'm running 4Th (20pcs) Antminer S1's. I just like to try for 30 days to solo mine with them  Grin
How do i make the setup? I've read that you need to point your miners to 127.0.0.1, but does a standalone miner have this?

Can somebody explain me what's the best way to solo mine using a standalone (20x) device?

Thank you

First, a bit of a warning, no one solo mines anymore unless you have a giant pool because the amount of hashing power needed to mine a block right now.  Not taking "luck" into consideration, 4Th will take you over 45 days to get a block.

Here's a decent solo mining setup guide: http://maunderingcabal.blogspot.com/2013/02/bitcoin-mining-log-9-how-to-solo-mine.html
You basically point your asic miners to your system running bitcoin-qt

bitspender (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:25:01 PM

Thank you, just what i needed.

Do not miss the 'luck' factor. On my miner statistics, i have 2 found blocks already.
So why not try to run solo, even if it takes 45 days, no pool in the world gives me 25btc in 45 days
Kay0r

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:28:15 PM

Do not miss the 'luck' factor. On my miner statistics, i have 2 found blocks already.
So why not try to run solo, even if it takes 45 days, no pool in the world gives me 25btc in 45 days

It takes 45 days on average.
If you're out of luck, it can take forever

If the above post was helpful, please consider donate BTC to 1F6BBUcpJLbGoXuftGYa9YSZkCCVHYdHAP
-gagapool.pw-  Multialgo/Multicoin payout. The first of its kind.
bitspender (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:05:03 PM

Well, on the other hand, i'm getting about 0.4/day now.
If i just keep mining during another 65 days, i'll have my 25btc  Grin

With difficulty included, let's say 100 days or so
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:42:49 AM

.. and the loss of the btc that .4 while u are off solo mining. also don't forget to add a node to the config to keep your miner up2date on the rest of the network , so you don't wind up mining old data.

Icon

kthejung

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:55:02 AM

Do you have your miners in a datacenter or are you just running them out of your home?  Curious because I just ordered 6 and possible may want more later.
irrational

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:05:01 PM

2 blocks in how long? Since the time to find a block is an average, for everyone you find under that average you're equally as likely to go over than average.
vmfx

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 03:23:44 PM

everyone here just wants you mining on their pools! there is absolutely no help for any real solo mining!

I have 10 antminer U1's and am trying to get them to Solo mine using a stratum proxy to my bitcoind so I can see their progress - if you got yours set up please PM me and let me know how!
Kay0r

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:38:43 PM

everyone here just wants you mining on their pools! there is absolutely no help for any real solo mining!

I have 10 antminer U1's and am trying to get them to Solo mine using a stratum proxy to my bitcoind so I can see their progress - if you got yours set up please PM me and let me know how!

Why do you need a stratum proxy?
Just point them to your local PC running bitcoin!

If the above post was helpful, please consider donate BTC to 1F6BBUcpJLbGoXuftGYa9YSZkCCVHYdHAP
-gagapool.pw-  Multialgo/Multicoin payout. The first of its kind.
vmfx

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 01:56:18 AM

main reason is so you can see that they are working Smiley ... but also for higher speed devices like BE Cube from what i have seen bitcoind is too slow so you loose 1/2 the blocks without a proxy in place ?
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:07:24 PM

I have some block erupter cubes that I am solo mining PPC with just for the heck of it.  You just need to start the wallet in server mode and then run your mining software in proxy mode.  My cubes seem to work pretty well but the couple of times I tried running any of my antminers I get a lot of errors.  My understanding is that the client/PC are too slow but I could be mistaken.  I didn't bother with it too much on the S1's because I don't have enough of them to really solo mine and can't afford to lose the revenue they are generating pooled.

Best of luck!

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 11:28:52 PM

In my experience, while my miners report mining at their usual 180 ghs, there is something not connecting even with ports opened and valves on full steam, my butterflies actually solo mine quite well, and a usb cube would be similar, but I don't think for the antminers my computer is capable of providing the getwork info it needs in a timely fashion, which is I believe why they added stratum with mining pools. 

So in short, if you want to solo mine, you'll need to setup a pool with stratum with your computer or on a cloud (don't ask me how to do either, as I've succumb to just paying the damned 2%).

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
dlowings

Activity: 226

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:11:40 PM

I have been looking into this but it seems like you need to modify it in order to not connect you to the p2pool network..
https://github.com/Rav3nPL/p2pool-rav/blob/master/README.md

I seen one mod of the python script out there but I have not got a chance to fully play with it… I did set this up and it works we on OSX even thought it shows no support for OSX.. I also did a direct connect to bitcoind however the reject rate is SO high I just can't make that recommendation .. If you find anything, please keep this thread updated..

BTC donations welcome:- 1BrersvQubEKt4m2hBXDNvU1B4RiYe6J4i   -   Feel free to visit wiki.chainminer.com for free hardware listings, and mining info. -  IRC on freenode #wiki.chainminer.com
tesene

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 05:30:46 AM

We have tried solo mining SHA-256 altcoins and we can't seem to make it work.  The wallet shows connection and hashrate but no work gets done.

Honorcoin | 100% PoS HCeeVqxQo4d8kbWX869B6AECRcWGs1cAJL
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 01:03:54 PM

I have been looking into this but it seems like you need to modify it in order to not connect you to the p2pool network..

I seen one mod of the python script out there but I have not got a chance to fully play with it… I did set this up and it works we on OSX even thought it shows no support for OSX.. I also did a direct connect to bitcoind however the reject rate is SO high I just can't make that recommendation .. If you find anything, please keep this thread updated..

P2pool has nothing to do with solo mining.  You don't need to modify any python script from rav3ns code to get it to run on OSX either.

If you want to solo mine and your bitcoind can't feed your miners quickly enough put a stratum proxy in between and point your miners to it.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Domino

Activity: 662

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:38:52 PM

Hey guys,

Thank you

What about just using Bitsolo (http://bitsolo.net/) directly?

Or you can try this. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519782.msg5814397#msg5814397

dlowings

Activity: 226

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:10:41 AM

P2pool has nothing to do with solo mining.  You don't need to modify any python script from rav3ns code to get it to run on OSX either.

If you want to solo mine and your bitcoind can't feed your miners quickly enough put a stratum proxy in between and point your miners to it.

how would you ever know if your bit coin-qt server was not feeding the mining hardware fast enough ?

BTC donations welcome:- 1BrersvQubEKt4m2hBXDNvU1B4RiYe6J4i   -   Feel free to visit wiki.chainminer.com for free hardware listings, and mining info. -  IRC on freenode #wiki.chainminer.com
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:01:39 PM

how would you ever know if your bit coin-qt server was not feeding the mining hardware fast enough ?

I think you would see 'Pool not providing work fast enough' messages. 

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
arruah
Legendary

Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:03:00 AM

You can try use my pool. Smiley

BCH
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: