Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:20:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use Poloniex recently, after they were purchased by Circle?  (Read 289 times)
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6263

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 03:28:18 PM

I posted in another thread yesterday:
Their support is still terrible.
Their fees are high.
Their exchange rates are average at best.

Circle better get of their asses and do something.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:06:49 PM

Even weirder regarding Poloniex is I thought Circle were putting together their own stablecoin about which nothing has been heard since it was mentioned.

I think they realized that they won't ever be able to reach USDT's global penetration level and for that reason refrained from launching their own coin, which we should be happy with, especially with how we're seeing these 'stable coins' pop up more frequently nowadays. Bittrex and Binance have listed both USDT and TrueUSD, which is retarded. How many of this garbage does an exchange need?

USDT (and basically all other fiat backed stable coins) is the perfect 'scam' with how you (as issuer) for sure know that at least 50% will never be converted back to fiat since it's needed to provide liquidity to exchanges as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Bitfinex, etc.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:09:18 AM

The exchanges that listed USDT for their traders' fiat trading needs are there because they dont have the licenses to open real fiat trading. I think Circle has different plans for Poloniex. The may want to get all the licenses and convert Poloniex into an exchange that has real fiat and cryptocurrency trading like Coinbase.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:01:13 PM

The exchanges that listed USDT for their traders' fiat trading needs are there because they dont have the licenses to open real fiat trading. I think Circle has different plans for Poloniex. The may want to get all the licenses and convert Poloniex into an exchange that has real fiat and cryptocurrency trading like Coinbase.

Then I don't really understand why they didn't stick with the Circle brand. When they were selling there were hardly any complaints that I was aware of. Why they'd lay out several hundred million dollars for a now minor exchange that everyone hates is beyond me.

It would've made sense if they were fully licenced and ready to roll but I would presume Circle themselves were in a better state compliance wise.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:18:01 AM

Then I don't really understand why they didn't stick with the Circle brand. When they were selling there were hardly any complaints that I was aware of. Why they'd lay out several hundred million dollars for a now minor exchange that everyone hates is beyond me.

It would've made sense if they were fully licenced and ready to roll but I would presume Circle themselves were in a better state compliance wise.

Yeah but we dont know really what their real roadmap is for Poloniex. But if you ask me, it would be more compliance, more delistings of ICO scams and legal compliance to list security tokens like XRP lol.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: