Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS: INFLATION PERIOD OVER, SECOND HARD FORK + POKER ROOM COMING SOON  (Read 92351 times)
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:01:11 AM

So in the video on the first page, I saw coin mixing mentioned. I looked through about a third of the thread and didn't see a discussion on that. Can anyone elaborate on this at this time?

Yeah sure thing, we're looking to integrate it very soon.  

Well that's fantastic. Thanks for the quick response. I like that you'd like to integrate soon as well. More on this, I'd like to know what coin-mixing means for this coin if you don't mind explaining. There are different ways to achieve mixing, and I am wondering which way you are moving toward?

Well that's the thing haha, we too have seen it done in many different ways and would like to optimize (can't think of a better term) the function of coin-mixing to fit Credits as best we can.  We're definitely not going for any sort of Darkcoin vibe though.

It seems like everyone is trying to find the best way to go about implementing a mixing service. While I do think it has extreme benefits, there are also benefits to having traceable transactions. Personally, I think a mixed-coin transaction should be an option within the wallet rather than forced in every single transaction. Not sure if that's possible though.

As far as the anonymous aspect goes, people seem to get instantly spooked out about it. I'm not sure why, because when I put money in the bank and send money to pay bills though a credit card attached to that account . . it's the bank saying that that is my money going from point A to point B. Point B never knows for sure that it was the exact dollar from my wallet that ended up in their bank account, and doesn't care to. They just take the bank's word that it was my money. In a sense, I could see the same sort of thing appearing in forced mixed/anonymous crypto transactions. Of course, this could invite bank-like crypto currency organizations popping up if all transactions were forced-anonymous, leading to centralization of the currency.

Having the ability to track someone's transaction is just as valuable as being able to have an electronically-anonymous transaction in my book. I'd love to see a crypto where you have a choice to send anonymously or non-anonymously. It seems like everyone's leaning toward one or the other though, so maybe it's not possible to have both? I don't know enough about exactly how transactions occur though. It seems like anoncoin and darkcoin are dead set on having only purely anonymous transactions though, and not both . . and that's kind of turned me off to them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P2PHash

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:10:50 AM

Hi guys, I've set up a p2pool for Credits!!
Address: cr.p2phash.com

Blocks are coming! Here are some P2Pool benefits:
* No registration
* Immediate payouts after a block is found
* Slighty higher payouts including block fee
* No account hack possible

Fee: 1%
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:29:47 AM

i think this coin got quite a good start... however i think the scaling up block rewards are not a good idea.

I used to think that was quite a good idea, but microcoin kind of didnt do as well as it should because people kept saying i'll mine it later when the rewards pick up a bit. Then they forgot and didn't come back

Could be a good idea to fork this now and pull back the rewards to staying steady or even decreasing a little. Need to push up the demand for the coin or lower supply, increasing supply is not a good idea i don't think.

One of the better ones of this wave for sure so be nice to keep the demand exceeding supply.

Either that or it needs to get to a big exchange quickly and get noticed there.

scroogeMcDuck

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:35:28 AM

Will I get any more coins if I mine with a p2pool?

Only getting 400 KH/s, not sure if its worth switching over.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:36:39 AM

more coins than with other pool or solo?

scroogeMcDuck

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:52:11 AM

more coins than with other pool or solo?

I'm mining with poolerino at the moment.
dnaanders (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:14:12 AM

Night, BTCtalk
bjmillican4

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:55:34 AM

So guys, it's just over 55 hours since launch.  Any general questions/comments/feedback?

I'm just worried by the lack of trolls and the lack of snarky responses in this thread.  I came to thread for entertainment, now you got me mining it.  However, if I come back tomorrow and it's still so pleasant, I may have to move on.  Where are all the assholes posting ignorant comments?

I prefer the threads where the guys are typing with hand while rubbing their own feces into their hair with other. Fecal freaks rule.  I call them Brown Boys.
y3804

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:23:39 AM

i think this coin got quite a good start... however i think the scaling up block rewards are not a good idea.

I used to think that was quite a good idea, but microcoin kind of didnt do as well as it should because people kept saying i'll mine it later when the rewards pick up a bit. Then they forgot and didn't come back

Could be a good idea to fork this now and pull back the rewards to staying steady or even decreasing a little. Need to push up the demand for the coin or lower supply, increasing supply is not a good idea i don't think.

One of the better ones of this wave for sure so be nice to keep the demand exceeding supply.

+1.

Increasing block reward will kill the coin. There, I said it.

"Why should I mine now when I could mine much more next month?"
mikk2k2

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:28:44 AM

+1.

^this. Mining Execoin until the reward increases here.

Rent My Rig: Lexie       Trust Thread: Here       Cloud Mining: Trade Ghs/BTC Here    LeaseRigs: Here
ultrastructure

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:56:20 AM

We really should drop the escalating block rewards. I stopped mining now because of this. The value would skyrocket if we change the block rewards to decreasing now.
y3804

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:14:00 AM

The increasing block rewards was a nice idea, but I've heard so many say they won't mine it just because of this. And I'm afraid most will have forgotten about credits when the decreasing rewards start. In my opinion, we should have increasing rewards for the next four weeks, to allow new miners on board, and then start decreasing. Six months with increasing is just way too much. I really hope the devs see this as well.

We really should drop the escalating block rewards. I stopped mining now because of this. The value would skyrocket if we change the block rewards to decreasing now.

^this. Mining Execoin until the reward increases here.

+1.

Guys please PM these quotes to the OP. Credits need to stop increasing block rewards.
neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:22:05 AM

I don't understand....

I hate when a huge network of miners jumps on a coin in the beginning. It kills it for me and I get out because I can't get any coins. NOW you have a very relaxed hashrate that is very healthy for growth and ample opportunity to obtain a lot of coin....and you complain? Note how many people are waiting to jump in at the higher block rewards. You will get just as many now as you will when the blocks increase because the NET HASH will increase = more ways to divide each block reward.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Alex442008

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:48:24 AM

Could we possibly consider decreasing the rising block reward at four weeks? It is a fair amount of time in the world of crypto currency. It seems like adequate time to get potential users on board and deter miners from turning away. Investors may be afraid of the value dropping off as time passes.
Martazek

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:09:40 AM

It is realy great looking coin. Finaly! The new released coins are crap crap crap...
dnaanders (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:21:29 AM

Thank you everyone for your feedback/suggestions, lots of good stuff.  Tomorrow the devs will discuss all of this and post what comes of it.
Martazek

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:08:30 AM

Where can i donate to help growing of this coin? Just donate pools?
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:44:36 AM

Where can i donate to help growing of this coin? Just donate pools?

No, pools are rich already, if you feel generous you can donate here  Grin
CLvZ6gEoTfNsTDWkHhYS1R6m32qt16vgRP
ubel

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:49:23 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 11:07:16 AM by ubel

Only the whales are complaining! Sorry guys but this is a very good idea!!!

There are dozen of other coins for you to mine and kill from the beginning.

Look what happened with RBBT:
https://www.mintpal.com/market/RBBT/BTC
24 Hour Volume: 0.857 BTC
You didn't complained about it when the block rewards where big. But now you can't sell it for "shit"!

I'm voting for staying with the initial plan.

We do not have to jump with all the power on this coin.

I don't want another pump and dump coin.

Dev's please do not change a thing.

Now all the whales will jump on me!
ubel

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:53:52 AM

I don't understand....

I hate when a huge network of miners jumps on a coin in the beginning. It kills it for me and I get out because I can't get any coins. NOW you have a very relaxed hashrate that is very healthy for growth and ample opportunity to obtain a lot of coin....and you complain? Note how many people are waiting to jump in at the higher block rewards. You will get just as many now as you will when the blocks increase because the NET HASH will increase = more ways to divide each block reward.

+1 / Like
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: