Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt = US currency prior to regulation- wild west scenario  (Read 373 times)
altnoob (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:00:15 PM

As many of you know back in the day different US towns, states, territories ..etc. had their own currency.  This created alot of confusion as to what was fake, a scam, counterfeit, its value and so on.

That is until the us govt stepped in and regulated and formed a uniform measure of currency.

Do you think the govt will regulate or will the alt market self regulate to get down to a select few.  I say a select few rather than the 1, like the us dollar because with thousands of alt coins being produced and no end in site I don't personally believe there will ever be 1 global crypto and I also don't believe there should be.

The overall goal is to get more people using fewer coins to stabilize the market/value.  More coins being produced and market confusion is the only actual barrier to entry for more investors/users

Thoughts

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Thread7

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:22:27 PM

If you are referring to the U.S. government, I don't think they will get too deep in regulation. The enforcement of something like outlawing Bitcoin would be too much manpower than they could handle.  At most, maybe they regulate exchanges.  But that wouldn't stop Bitcoin/Altcoins.  BTW, I sent you a private message regarding your earlier post.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: