Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:00:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WALLET trojan and wallet stealer?????  (Read 1300 times)
E.exchanger (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:59:18 PM

I have come across many posts and threads talking about things like wallet trojens, wallet Stealers etc. I know what they do obviously their end motive will be taking the money out of my wallet leaving it empty. But I want to know how they target and attack users what are the common scenarios through which a person can end up compromising their wallet so in future I can take care of the things if I know how they trap users.

Thanks
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:20:01 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 05:11:52 PM by malevolent

I have come across many posts and threads talking about things like wallet trojens, wallet Stealers etc. I know what they do obviously their end motive will be taking the money out of my wallet leaving it empty. But I want to know how they target and attack users what are the common scenarios through which a person can end up compromising their wallet so in future I can take care of the things if I know how they trap users.

Thanks

Mod note: this is a troll, don't delete your wallet.dat without safely backing it up in more than one place, and verifying whether the backup works.

First delete your wallet.dat.

Copy your blockchain folder to a USB drive and store safely. Delete your block folder.

When you need to spend your coins just cp your block folder back to your bitcoin folder, open bitcoin-qt and spend.

No joke, its the safest way. No one can steal your coins.
jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:22:50 PM

paper wallet or store it on a usb stick (multiple ones because ifthe usb gets killed somehow your coins are lost)
E.exchanger (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:44:56 PM

Thanks

Copy your blockchain folder to a USB drive and store safely. Delete your block folder.

When you need to spend your coins just cp your block folder back to your bitcoin folder, open bitcoin-qt and spend.

Thank you so much for the advise iam definitely going to implement that from now !!!but what  i wanted to know was how they do it i mean is it like the hackers will send a user malicious links to click on which is in terms called phishing or it is like they can access my wallet if they want to Huh? how can anyone access my blockchain wallet without even interacting with me Huh?
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:14:53 PM

Do not delete your wallet.dat.  You will destroy your bitcoins forever!

This advice is a malicious joke.  Nobody can steal your coins if you destroy them.

Thanks

E.exchanger (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:53:32 PM

Do not delete your wallet.dat.  You will destroy your bitcoins forever!

This advice is a malicious joke.  Nobody can steal your coins if you destroy them.

Thanks

Thanks a lot for saving my coins man i was literally going to try that. I wonder why people have to throw such stupid ideas on informational/awareness threads like this one.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:57:36 PM

That is a very clever and a very cruel example of a trojan.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:02:40 PM

Thanks

people downloading pre-compiled altcoin qt programs and miners that have not been independently verified.
EG i can write clean code with no trojans and put it on a github. i then add a trojan, compile it and say its the exact same as the source code.

there are also a few noobs that find youtube videos of "bitcoin generators" which is simply a front end showing a progress bar and a label that says "generating bitcoins", and the other 99% of code is a wallet.dat stealer.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:06:01 PM

That is a very clever and very cruel example of a trojan.

This is an example of cruel idiot who is having fun watching people losing their wealth.
E.exchanger (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:07:09 PM

That is a very clever and a very cruel example of a trojan.

I guess people love to fuck around with no valid points and reasons!!!
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:11:26 PM

people downloading pre-compiled altcoin qt programs and miners that have not been independently verified.
EG i can write clean code with no trojans and put it on a github. i then add a trojan, compile it and say its the exact same as the source code.

I think this is a big way people get infected.

Also there are millions of computers already infected.  The infector sees bitcoin is a big thing and decides to take a look around your computer that she already has acccess to.

And blockchain.info email backup to your compromised email account.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
E.exchanger (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:18:45 PM

there are also a few noobs that find youtube videos of "bitcoin generators" which is simply a front end showing a progress bar and a label that says "generating bitcoins", and the other 99% of code is a wallet.dat stealer.

Wow thanks for sharing that amazing piece of information with us. I will be more careful now. I never download silly/trash claiming to work magical things kind of softwares  anyways  Wink Smiley
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:34:28 PM

They steal your coins by getting you to download some software, but they can also do it by creating the wallet online and then they have the private key (wallet ownership!).

Install Ubuntu OS, install Bitcoin-QT, encrypt your wallet with a password after making it, use that OS for nothing else but accessing your coins. (It'll even install on the same hard drive as windows if you don't have two PCs.) If you want to use alt-coins too make another user account for each one and keep them separated!

http://www.ubuntu.com/download
https://bitcoin.org/en/download

E.exchanger (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:39:45 PM

they can also do it by creating the wallet online and then they have the private key (wallet ownership!)

Can you please  explain !!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: