Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:26:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which are the biggest Cryptocurrency ICO scams in 2018?  (Read 281 times)
Jerrycryptofield

Activity: 336
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:39:14 AM

thanks for sharing. this year i face malware scam and this is really radiculas.
croptodic

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:49:29 AM

as crytomarket is online based currency, there is a huge chance to got scammed. we should always alert about this scam.
RoadRascal

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:23:55 AM

Why did you leave out fake ICOs, that take all their investors' money and vanish into thin air? In 2018, fake ICOs have scammed the most and now people are scared to invest in ICOs. The crypto space being unregulated has made it easier for this people to scam the newbies and amateur investors who are not capable of identifying scams.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:28:36 AM

One of the biggest scam is ETH giving away on Twitter. Scammers are creating fake profiles of popular people and they are trying to scam other people on Twitter.
Nightingale2

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:49:22 AM

Well I will it is pump and dump, we have seen a ton of pumps and dump this 2018, most task will enter trade and the cost will go so high and you contribute thinking the value minute is for genuine just to be dumped on, so pump and dump had been the greatest of this current year.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:03:55 AM

Airdrop and bounty scams are also becoming of a trend.

I don't follow ICOs but when there are scams that are being busted, I'm reading those articles about them.

One of the biggest scam is ETH giving away on Twitter. Scammers are creating fake profiles of popular people and they are trying to scam other people on Twitter.
Yeah there are popular people that are being used for those scams. You need to send them ETH/bitcoin to be eligible to their giveaway but they aren't going to send you anything back. Only people who are greedy will be scammed by those.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:11:22 AM

I think the Pump and Dump is the main point why people afraid to invest in the cryptocurrencies, the big whale and the fraud team have pump the coins and earn the big money, then dump the coins and do it again, so many people have lost the money and not want to invest in this shit market again.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
alinalovedoogie

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM

If there any way to stop scamming and block scammer. If it can then ICO project will be sameless and many investor feel free to invest here. I t will be good for ICO projects and investors.
btcscal

Activity: 272

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:47:00 PM

well it is huge market and lots of incidents happen here so we have to witness this all thing so it hard to mention any specific few so I will suggest you to study the market properly so that you can have the such kinds of informations
roueen

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:52:47 PM

There are many scams we saw in 2018. Some of them did some major hampers in the market. I am not gonna judge them but these two projects OneCoin and HoweiCoin have raised some news back in times.
Fromand1993

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:10:44 PM

I think from last year we are seeing a huge amount of scam projects. People are really afraid of these scams. Pincoin, Plexcoin and Bitcard would be my first 3 picks as scam projects.
CryptoPairFTX

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:20:47 AM

PonziCoin, Benebit, Karbon, Ebitz, etc are some big scams of this year. I think i can give a huge list. We should be very careful about scam projects. Because if we are unaware, they can harm the most.
Waqas vicky

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:24:43 AM

50% of ICO now a days scammed because they didn't hit the minimum cap so ultimately they scammed Sad
robertcross07

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:02:34 PM

There are lots of ICO scams occurred in 2018 but among them the pump and dump scams and the Ponzi schemes are the biggest in my opinion. Others scams are also big but nos as big as them.
robertcross07

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:03:15 PM

I think it is a scam. We should aware the audience about this as much as we can. So that they can avoid the scam. And do not invest your money on it.
ClaytonLWils

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:17:04 PM

You said all the right scams that occurred in 2018 but I think the Ponzi schemes, the pump and dump scam, fake bitcoin scams are the most big among all. People should learn about them so that they can avoid them.

◆ Dove | P-To-P Internet Sharing Network  (http://dove.network/)
Internet for anyone
Melih1905

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 01:32:59 PM

ALL the coins that are supposedly backed by another physical value (gold, diamonds, electricity, petrol, etc) or even USD like USDT scamcoin
glaccief

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:43:31 PM

Scams are all bad for the crypto holders. People should be aware of these scams so that they can avoid them. But as you asked for what is the biggest scam in 2018, I would go for pump and dump scam.
johnethearn

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:44:34 PM

Really it's not good for ICO. Because scam projects are increasing gradually and if it's continue then it will be felt very bad efffects on ICO project. Many lose their interest to invest on ICO projects for this scamming.
blogardianz

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

There are lots of ICO doing scam. I would like to know the ICO scammers of 2018. According to research, the following are the various types of ICO scams that users should watch out for:

• Malware scams
  • Fake exchanges
  • Pump and Dump scam
  • Fake Bitcoin scam
  • Earn Free Bitcoin Scam
  • Ponzi schemes

Well, this is my true story. I can say, Bitpaction exchanges are the biggest scam exchanges.
Very unprofessional and now the site is gone. Many users are lost their money on that site.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: