Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:10:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My guess at Satoshi: Robert A. Hettinga  (Read 6788 times)
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 06:50:40 PM

This is all very interesting and while I certainly wouldn't protest some good ol' fashion detective work or the occasional debate on someones identity, I feel it may be inappropriate do pursure Satoshi's. It is of my opinion that we have, at the least, a civic duty to ensure that Satoshi's real identity should remain anonymous if that is what he so chooses. We could probably debate that viewpoint until our brains fall out. But it just seems to me, in light of the potential problems one could face with being the 'creator' of such an endeavour, that our continued research into his identity is impulsive at best. And potentially dangerous to him at worst.

Sincerely,
     Derek

Too late for that. I already forwarded a full dossier on Hettinga including his address in Antigua to the Secret Enforcement Office (SEG) at the FED. I expect to be receiving sizable rewards from the Bilderburg Group and Trilateral Commission any day now.

What a well thought out and mature response.   Roll Eyes

Just to make sure any potential conspiracy implications did not distract you from the part that really matters I have bolded and underlined it in my orginal quote.  If you don't give a crap after that, that's your business. But to dismiss it because the Gov don't care or 'they could find him anyhows' is irresponsible in my humblest of opinions.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 02:21:39 AM

Isn't this exactly what I proposed back in July?: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25764.msg322700#msg322700

Difference is you weren't wearing a troll as your avatar. Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 07:21:24 AM

My most recently weird guess: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Keiser I would be interested in knowing his programming background to be more sure, but a quick interesting Wiki read, nonetheless.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 11:42:25 AM

nah, Max Keiser is too extrovert  Cool

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 05:33:02 PM

This is all very interesting and while I certainly wouldn't protest some good ol' fashion detective work or the occasional debate on someones identity, I feel it may be inappropriate do pursure Satoshi's. It is of my opinion that we have, at the least, a civic duty to ensure that Satoshi's real identity should remain anonymous if that is what he so chooses. We could probably debate that viewpoint until our brains fall out. But it just seems to me, in light of the potential problems one could face with being the 'creator' of such an endeavour, that our continued research into his identity is impulsive at best. And potentially dangerous to him at worst.

Sincerely,
     Derek

Too late for that. I already forwarded a full dossier on Hettinga including his address in Antigua to the Secret Enforcement Office (SEG) at the FED. I expect to be receiving sizable rewards from the Bilderburg Group and Trilateral Commission any day now.

What a well thought out and mature response.   Roll Eyes

Just to make sure any potential conspiracy implications did not distract you from the part that really matters I have bolded and underlined it in my orginal quote.  If you don't give a crap after that, that's your business. But to dismiss it because the Gov don't care or 'they could find him anyhows' is irresponsible in my humblest of opinions.

+1
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:24:09 AM

Possible photo of Robert Hettinga

and at http://www.snipview.com/q/Cryptography_organizations

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: