Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:01:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we evolving backwards?  (Read 152 times)
DeimunHailstrom (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:54:45 AM

Yeah, advancements and technology do exist in our era but based on researches it seems that we are losing instead of gaining in different terms of pur humanity and character. Discipline is naught; birthrate increases but resources becomes depleted. The lifespan of a human is gradually going down. Nature is becoming more dangerous than it was before.

Are we really moving forward? Or are we lacking some essential aspect that a human requires?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dixon_WestSeven

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:34:05 AM

Yeah, advancements and technology do exist in our era but based on researches it seems that we are losing instead of gaining in different terms of pur humanity and character. Discipline is naught; birthrate increases but resources becomes depleted. The lifespan of a human is gradually going down. Nature is becoming more dangerous than it was before.

Are we really moving forward? Or are we lacking some essential aspect that a human requires?
I think you should probably clarify some things. What research are you specifically referring to? At least give us a rough idea. How can you measure "pure humanity and character"? Discipline is naught? This must be very subjective. I can't imagine how you could prove that for all of humanity. Birth rates are actually decreasing. The populations is increasing, but the not the birth rate. In terms of depleting resources, I don't think we are actually getting worse at it. I think we are becoming more aware about it and taking more measures to prevent it than in past decades.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 11:42:25 AM

hmm human character you say, lets check into the past, as its not clearly what it is supposed to be.

corporation grows a civilisational size. and gods and theisms where always part of the human evolution.

i cant say that. as i dont know what is a pure human character.

what is right however,

is that technology and urbanisation is used to maintain social and economic harmony. to a certain extent, currently thats true.

regards

WiseFoxxy

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:54:14 AM

To paraphrase Ralph Waldo Emerson, we are neither improving nor getting worse. Every time we better ourselves at doing good, we also better ourselves at doing evil. The steady forces on both ends are kept constantly in balance.

So you can say that while we get better technologically, we lose part of ourselves in other ways. But it's not all doom and gloom. The things we get better at help us to recognize our failures, if we learn to listen. We just need to pay attention to these things.

And lifespans are getting shorter? How so? Modern medicine has made lifespans much longer
Tornadocrazy

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:08:49 PM

Yeah, the information influx changes our mental abilities causing kind of pseudo stupidity. So, in a way you're right. It's like evolving backwards. It's just that nobody can understand what we could do about it... Not yet...
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:35:32 AM

I do believe technology is moving forward. Given our current state (earth's depleting resources and human diseases) --these are more than enough reason for technology to keep on advancing as a means to help us survive. If you guys are up to date with scientific research, we have a lot of options now. There's space colonization, gene therapy, cryogenics and the digitization of the human mind and virtual reality. So indeed we are moving forward. No going back now. Smiley
Alagga

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:44:27 AM

Yes we are. but some religion teachings before the end of the world all will return back just like before. we have the technologies but soon all of this will be useless. human are also upgrading, technologies are upgrading and animals are upgrading we can see a lot of weird animals a white lion, white crow ect. all in this world are all evolving but moving backwards to the end.
Dixon_WestSeven

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:42:04 AM

To paraphrase Ralph Waldo Emerson, we are neither improving nor getting worse. Every time we better ourselves at doing good, we also better ourselves at doing evil. The steady forces on both ends are kept constantly in balance.

So you can say that while we get better technologically, we lose part of ourselves in other ways. But it's not all doom and gloom. The things we get better at help us to recognize our failures, if we learn to listen. We just need to pay attention to these things.

And lifespans are getting shorter? How so? Modern medicine has made lifespans much longer
Ralph Waldo Emerson died in 1882. I think thinking have changed so much since then, than it's hard to quote him about what's happening in the world now. Let's just say that they didn't have Tinder back then.  Wink

I don't think I can agree with that idea. You really think that good and evil are always equal forces? I think this is almost a pessimistic view. I believe that there is far more good in the world than bad. If there were that much bad, I think it would just take over the good. Bad in the world is a very small minority.
DeimunHailstrom (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:50:51 PM

Thank you very much! Your username is synonymous to your character, hahaha!
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:19:47 PM

I think we are moving forward in terms of technology.  We are the generation that has the highest IQ yet I will say that in terms of morality, we are moving backward.

I do not want to discuss about wars, killings, murders, rape cases, and the like.  But I want to emphasize the apathy of people around us.  This is a generation where selfie exists and haughtiness are being glorified.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:03:43 AM

Neanderthals had a bigger brain cavity. Their brain refinements were probably greater than ours. We are probably devolving.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
DeimunHailstrom (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:00:22 AM

I think we are moving forward in terms of technology.  We are the generation that has the highest IQ yet I will say that in terms of morality, we are moving backward.

I do not want to discuss about wars, killings, murders, rape cases, and the like.  But I want to emphasize the apathy of people around us.  This is a generation where selfie exists and haughtiness are being glorified.
Thank you so much for your meaningful thoughts since I am actually concern about the paradox of our advancement in technology but our turnback in discipline.
GG_Maker

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:12:39 AM

There is a very specific context in which you speak. And I think in this context, some things are rather hard to concede. One of them is that man has hardly ever evolved forwards. There's something that bothers me. It is as though the more intellectually we advance, the less morally we grow. And I really do not understand this phenomenon. I believe strongly that it does not have to be so. I know that our humanitarian problems are deeper than what technology can solve. But sadly, many people do not recognize this and are getting even more lost.
Askend

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:57:19 AM

Nowadays human capabilities are increasingly advanced, it is marked by the number of sophisticated technology. But at present the level of human discipline is increasingly destroyed, because perhaps today, education about discipline is very minimal.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:27:44 AM

Evolving backwards? Seems a bit of an oxymoronic phrase. Devolving? Devolution? Evolution doesn't work that way. Your question seems to be more of a philosophical one than anything else but doesn't seem to be based on facts either. Birthrates might be increasing and population along with it, but we're living longer and longer, especially in the developed world. Are we getting worse as people and more cruel? That's arguable. I think we've moved on a long way in terms of racism and discrimination but some people still clearly lack compassion for their fellow man and we've still got a long way to go. I don't think there will ever be a time where everybody sees eye to eye and there's no global-disagreements on something of other. We're still too primal and tribal at the end of the day and this is always going to lead to issues and wars etc.
goldSkylark

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:17:44 AM

I agree. “Evolving backwards” doesn’t make sense. We cannot evolve if we are taking steps back. I do believe however, that we are moving forward. I am basing this on how technology is rapidly evolving. We have AI, blockchain, Internet of things, virtual and augmented realities. These technologies I tell you, are capable of bringing our scifi fantasies to life! Did you know that there are studies now about life extension and immortality via technology? One research I’ve heard a lot about is Virternity Project which explores life extension in a virtual realm. There are lots of discussions about it on reddit. Here's one: https://www.reddit.com/r/transhumanism/comments/91g7yd/should_we_focus_on_space_colonization_or_digital/
Ravenninety

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:08:29 AM

We are not moving forward we are moving backwards like you have mentioned because what is the important of physical and technological world developments when we cant reduce criminal activities, wars and other bad things in the world
rohitkaira

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:09:57 AM

In previous generations humans were using their brains to invent and develop machines and technology, which helped them to increase their ability to learn and create but newer generations are dependent on machines and not using much of their brains which is making their brains redundant and in the end it will be the cause of humans going backward, similar to many other living species, humans will also vanish from the earth.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: