Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:33:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Duration for swing trades?  (Read 168 times)
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:53:12 PM

Hi

I've been doing some short-term swing trades (but you might call day trades). All about watching for momentum and trying to ride it up and get out before it goes down (1-2% per trade). I learned about it here: https://discord.gg/nCmjwmQ. Do check it out if you are interested - I promise you no-one bites there!

I'm mostly in and out within an hour or two. Does that matter? Should I be swinging longer to try and benefit from pumps but keeping a tight stop loss?

Any success (or failure) stories welcome.

Cheers  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:05:46 PM

I guess your method is correct for the swinging. I mean if you go for more time period then how can we say that it is swing trade at all? For me a swing trade end within couple of days but in that I focus on single coin constantly and try to make as much as I could on hour or could of hours basis! The same strategy as you are speaking of, with hours of interval one must find out the best ups and downs to get those few % profits and go for the next trade again and keep repeating this until the profits are perfect as per the goals.  Wink
DanTalksCrypto (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:19:49 PM

I guess your method is correct for the swinging. I mean if you go for more time period then how can we say that it is swing trade at all? For me a swing trade end within couple of days but in that I focus on single coin constantly and try to make as much as I could on hour or could of hours basis! The same strategy as you are speaking of, with hours of interval one must find out the best ups and downs to get those few % profits and go for the next trade again and keep repeating this until the profits are perfect as per the goals.  Wink

Appreciate the feedback - thanks for the quick response.

Interested in hearing what others are upto? Any comments / thoughts.
biofuel

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:38:08 PM

Hi

I've been doing some short-term swing trades (but you might call day trades). All about watching for momentum and trying to ride it up and get out before it goes down (1-2% per trade). I learned about it here: https://discord.gg/nCmjwmQ. Do check it out if you are interested - I promise you no-one bites there!

I'm mostly in and out within an hour or two. Does that matter? Should I be swinging longer to try and benefit from pumps but keeping a tight stop loss?

Cheers  Smiley

Don't increase a time-frame because there is a rule: the risk of loss increases when you increase the time of being in a one-direction trade position. 
ovbokhan

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:40:45 PM

Hi

Cheers  Smiley
when you scalp or swing at such rate 1-2 percent a day, you are more likely to make profits consistently than those who do otherwise or aim higher. I will check the discord out,thanks
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1288
Merit: 288

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:55:46 PM

Success story: I bought some ERC20 on EtherDelta for 0.000000018 a token (about 1 ETH worth of tokens), waited for three hours and it was up by 30%, sold happily and went to sleep.

Failure story: same token, woke up next day to find it x21 its initial price.

Another success/failure story: bought Tron (TRX) at 88 satoshi, sold at 102 satoshi same day just one week before the token exploded in price (almost x22.5 the price I bought at).

This made me stop day trading and focus on medium–long terms as they are much more profitable and less stressful for me.

Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:01:28 PM

Success story: I bought some ERC20 on EtherDelta for 0.000000018 a token (about 1 ETH worth of tokens), waited for three hours and it was up by 30%, sold happily and went to sleep.

Failure story: same token, woke up next day to find it x21 its initial price.

Another success/failure story: bought Tron (TRX) at 88 satoshi, sold at 102 satoshi same day just one week before the token exploded in price.

This made me stop day trading and focus on medium–long terms as they are much more profitable and less stressful for me.

I have dome the swing trading over the TRX many times and it has benefited me a lot back then. Now is the case very different and may not be profitable with it. But I always believe the Swings must be closed with the few hours of time and try to grab upto 5% of the profits. If we get that much hike in short period of time then it could be miracle because not all of the crypto currency are having tendency to move in that fashion. Must find the coins first which has such ability to move fast upward and downward. So swings = few hours = upto 5% profits.
sedahan13

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:15:05 AM

Duration of swing trading will be according to the target profit, can be around between 2 week to 3 month.  And when we do swing trading we dont know how high the price will go and we dont know which level of the price will reversal to bearish. So to get maximum profit we can use trigger order for trailling stop to lock the profit, if the price keep going up we get profit higher but if the price reversal the coins will automaticlly sell.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:29:15 AM

How can anyone have duration of swing trading if everything is dependent upon the trading patterns of the coins which we are investing into. For example, if the crypto currency that we choose is very mean at its ups and downs then how can you have specific duration of having swing trading. Things are like this only, you will never know when the coins will go up and down? Crypto is very much unpredictable and thats why never rely on the predicted timings or dont fit into your mind that you will be able to make the profits in a day or a week! Sometimes your swing trade may get turned into long term holding and thus you may lose everything during the time. Better have patience and trade.
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:15:26 AM

Swing trading will be promising high profit when bull market and for now the market just like still stay around that level price so for now its better doing day trading by take profit 7 % to 20% pertrade. For duration of swing trading depend on the support and resistance the price can be a few week or months.

gembirdprivate

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 08:05:27 PM

What you enter and go through the hour or two that at least three, has no value. The main thing is quality, not quantity
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: