Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:29:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to copy the bitcoin-qt folder and wallet and userdata folders to other pc ?  (Read 646 times)
jcgeny (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:34:03 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 12:09:50 PM by jcgeny

i wonder how to do that ?
i tried with a copy of the two folder but bitcoin-qt was not launching .

by now i rebuild the userdata folder with the bootstrap.dat but i have another trouble with the wallet , i made a copy of my wallet but the numbers are not the same .
i also discovered that i can not paste the wallet info in the bitcoin-qt tab for address of wallets i use....

i tried to launch p2pool with -a wallet-numbers and without bitcoin-qt but it fails , asking for bitcoin-qt....
is p2pool able to "re-inject" the wallet it created with the first pc with the -a parameter ?

the bitcoin really look like shit , and more than thief to fear , a simple format-disk can kill a lot of "virtual-money"

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:24:58 PM

Just copy the contents of the Bitcoin folder and you'll have everything you need.

C:\Users\"Your username"\Appdata\Roaming\Bitcoin is the default directory in Windows/

jcgeny (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:23:14 PM

i copied it and the folder having the bitcoin-qt but bitcoin-qt made errors at launch .

what about the code used by p2pool with my first pc and that i can not create ?
i tried with a copy but bitcoin-qt did not showed it...

is it possible to launch p2pool alone and without bitcoin-qt ?
i also would like to know "for who my computers are mining" . is there a way to learn it ?
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:30:21 PM

is it possible to launch p2pool alone and without bitcoin-qt ?
i also would like to know "for who my computers are mining" . is there a way to learn it ?
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2013/05/20130512_BTC.jpg

the bitcoin really look like shit , and more than thief to fear , a simple format-disk can kill a lot of "virtual-money"
one word: backups

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
jcgeny (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:51:36 AM

of course backup is the magic word  Kiss
the troubles i had was first to correctly transfer the bitcoin-qt files [ may be i used to much command line options...but i will retry from zero ]
second trouble is to have bitcoin-qt uses a defined wallet , all it does for me is to create a new wallet .

may be the wallet = bank account could be , like paypal , connected to a email account , that would be simple for web shop to use bitcoins and easier to remind than all that letters ...
google already having some very good tricks to prevent the email account to be hijacked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: