Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:54:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why you shouldn't buy Hashfasts new "up to 800GH/s" "product"  (Read 11576 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:30:25 AM

We need association or guild of reputable miner fabricators and developers.

i'd rather solo mine with 1gh/s.
JUST NO.
 Cheesy

I don't think you get the idea of the guild / association. It is a BBB for Miners. Not a mining pool or a place to sell products. Open to all who would rather deal with reputable and honest brokers in the Miner field as opposed to the HF / BFL / Avalon types.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:31:40 AM

I would like to add that I have had 210 btc taken from me by HashFast.....  They promised me specifically of a return of btc if not delivered by Jan 1, 2014.  

I have not received anything from hashfast except silence...  

Do NOT pre-order asics....

bitmain is shipping in stock asics... they aint sexxy, but they perform very well.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:42:45 AM

JUST NO.
 Cheesy

I don't think you get the idea of the guild / association. It is a BBB for Miners. Not a mining pool or a place to sell products. Open to all who would rather deal with reputable and honest brokers in the Miner field as opposed to the HF / BFL / Avalon types.

no, i get the idea of a cult/sect/group orgy/foundation/union/guild perfectly well thank you.
if you feel the need to be part of a club, carry on. it's not for me, thanks.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:54:01 AM

JUST NO.
 Cheesy

no, i get the idea of a cult/sect/group orgy/foundation/union/guild perfectly well thank you.

If you want people to keep getting suckered... then I guess no sense protecting one another. Finger pointing in the wrong direction buddy.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
raskul

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:58:05 AM

JUST NO.
 Cheesy

If you want people to keep getting suckered... then I guess no sense protecting one another. Finger pointing in the wrong direction buddy.

I don't understand your comment, please elaborate where I have been pointing fingers in this case?
suckers will always exist, even when they are given a club to play in.

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 12:47:22 PM

Lmao why don't you just ban them
They deleted you from your own forum

perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:55:07 PM

Lmao why don't you just ban them
They deleted you from your own forum

Gmaxwell has a quaint idea of fair play. 

Although, as he says, he has not threatened to use his moderator powers against Hashfast_CL, he did threaten to ban ME. 

This was because I mentioned Hashfast's unsavory employees in the other thread and then reposted it when Hashfast_CL deleted.

Polite opposition might seem chivalrous to gmaxwell, but I've learned not to extend such courtesies to entities with cesspool ethics like Hashfast's.
Techknowledgy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:17:35 PM

JUST NO.
 Cheesy

I don't think you do get the idea and I don't understand what harm you think could come of this. It wouldn't be run by those organizations, in my ideal situation anyway, but just be a separate, non-biased, unaffiliated organization that vets the scammers out there and gives people an idea of who is legit and who isn't without digging through loads of Bitcointalk pages and Reddit. It isn't going to be the OPEC of the Bitcoin mining industry.

But you would rather solo mine with 1 GH? What does that have to do with anything written here? Or are you happy that some people are getting scammed and scammers are upping the ante because that makes your mining more profitable? I'm really struggling to see why something like this isn't necessary and wouldn't be embraced by the community since the days of bASIC, the lost Avalon chips, BFL, BFL, BFL, Cointerra underdelivering, VMC/AMC/SCAM being investigated by the MO Attorney General and going through supposedly 4 chip redesigns while people who invested have NOTHING to show for it. This is an idea that is highly overdue in this marketplace if we are ever to be considered legitimate as we already have enough recent problems with the legal issues of key players in the Bitcoin ecosystem already. Miners have been going with the idea of individual responsibility and buyer beware, etc, which is great and all, but we have seen the fruits of that approach already and they have been bittersweet or downright rottern for the majority of miners.
raskul

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:23:13 PM

I don't think you do get the idea

your thought misleads you.

and I don't understand what harm you think could come of this.

I think that no harm will come of it, as it is not something that I will partake in.

It wouldn't be run by those organizations, in my ideal situation anyway, but just be a separate, non-biased, unaffiliated organization that vets the scammers out there and gives people an idea of who is legit and who isn't without digging through loads of Bitcointalk pages and Reddit. It isn't going to be the OPEC of the Bitcoin mining industry.

As I said, if you feel the need to be part of a group, carry on.

But you would rather solo mine with 1 GH? What does that have to do with anything written here? Or are you happy that some people are getting scammed and scammers are upping the ante because that makes your mining more profitable? I'm really struggling to see why something like this isn't necessary and wouldn't be embraced by the community since the days of bASIC, the lost Avalon chips, BFL, BFL, BFL, Cointerra underdelivering, VMC/AMC/SCAM being investigated by the MO Attorney General and going through supposedly 4 chip redesigns while people who invested have NOTHING to show for it. This is an idea that is highly overdue in this marketplace if we are ever to be considered legitimate as we already have enough recent problems with the legal issues of key players in the Bitcoin ecosystem already. Miners have been going with the idea of individual responsibility and buyer beware, etc, which is great and all, but we have seen the fruits of that approach already and they have been bittersweet or downright rottern for the majority of miners.

yes, i'd rather solo mine with 1gh/s than be part of any centralised cult. thanks.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:24:12 PM

I'm currently looking for whomever owns hashfastscam.org (or similar domains) and I'm also interested in getting in contact with other hashfast customers in the SF bay area.

I think user Cedivad is running http://hashfast.org/List_of_Lies, PM him to see if he is behind that one too:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=63794

That's me, yes (public whois), but no, i'm not behind any other domains. I don't really like the idea of being sued for damages.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Techknowledgy

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:36:20 PM

I don't think you do get the idea

your thought misleads you.

and I don't understand what harm you think could come of this.

I think that no harm will come of it, as it is not something that I will partake in.

It wouldn't be run by those organizations, in my ideal situation anyway, but just be a separate, non-biased, unaffiliated organization that vets the scammers out there and gives people an idea of who is legit and who isn't without digging through loads of Bitcointalk pages and Reddit. It isn't going to be the OPEC of the Bitcoin mining industry.

As I said, if you feel the need to be part of a group, carry on.

yes, i'd rather solo mine with 1gh/s than be part of any centralised cult. thanks.

Where are you getting this cult idea from? What do you think the outcome of something like this would be? You don't have to be a part of the group if you don't want to, but I think it would benefit the community at large and am interested in your opposition to such an idea.
raskul

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:45:22 PM

Where are you getting this cult idea from? What do you think the outcome of something like this would be? You don't have to be a part of the group if you don't want to, but I think it would benefit the community at large and am interested in your opposition to such an idea.

it's not for me, is all i'm saying, i don't see why this is a concern for you.
best wishes

Techknowledgy

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:51:04 PM

it's not for me, is all i'm saying, i don't see why this is a concern for you.
best wishes

I can understand that and I respect that. I only ask because I like to look at all sides of an issue and possible positive/negative audience opinion to better formulate action. It's what I do with most business decision I make, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you as to what your objections were so I could improve/strengthen that part of the argument or realize that it is a lost cause as a whole undertaking. I understand that something like this wouldn't appeal to everyone. Thank you for your input.
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:53:39 PM

Do NOT pre-order asics....

bitmain is shipping in stock asics... they aint sexy, but they perform very well.

They aint sexy, that's true, but they are well engineered.
Fast to build, cheap to build and reliable as advertise.
BITMAIN can still drop the price to stay competive.
They are the only company that is funded by themself and have miners in stock.
No bragging on their website who they are.
Some people accuse them not answering PM's, if I were them, I also not answering people who spam and talk rubbish.
They do answer you if you PM them in a polite way and not spam.

aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:00:43 PM

Lessons to learn:

1. Never pre-order ASIC mining hardware.

2. Never store funds on an exchange unless you are converting immediately and withdrawing.

3. Backup your wallet.dat and encrypt that baby.

Pretty simple. I may have missed one or two fundamental lessons. But these 3 should sum it up for every noob and pioneer.

and

4.  never get involved in a land war in Asia?
_Miracle

Activity: 905
Merit: 657

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 10:54:19 PM

First I want to say thank you to the people on this forum. I would still be waiting for a Monarch, staring at a rack with everything but the card, weeping over Mt.Gox and maybe the idea of bitcoin wouldn't seem so appealing to me (a regular consumer).
*No tongue in cheek this is a genuine "thank you".

It has been very interesting to see how companies respond to consumers here. It is very telling of what you can expect from them.

I respect you for taking a high road gmaxwell but I also feel that when a company/entity is here selling something: leaving all civil opposing opinions is a fair thing to do and be expected.
I saw your response and it was less heated than most could muster given the circumstance.

So Hashfast reaps remarks instead of addressing concerns? WTG Hashfast *oops sarcasm slipped back in

Thankfully another member directs us to a full unedited version (at least until that's reaped too) and you are here.

Also on another note the Bitmain Antminer has been tempting AND I think it's adorable but I also own a pocket knife with a circuit board for a handle so there's no accounting for my taste  Wink
My BFL single was simple the case: decent and it cut down on "other noises", I didn't buy it from BFL not only because of complaints that I mainly found here
BUT because of the companies direct responses to customers and potential customers.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:23:14 PM

So I'm just wondering, is gmaxwell going to start calling out all of the overpromising/underdelivering, cough BFL cough, hardware companies or just the one's he has money invested in and ignore the one's who have invested money in advertising here. Because there are/have been a lot of them out there and I haven't seen this kind of response until now.

Regardless, this isn't all that surprising after my initial meetings with their team before they went public. Something was just off and then I found out they claimed that someone who is actually financially backing another company financed their operations. The dog and pony show was awesome, but when it came down to it, Lil Sebastian was/is late to the party still.

+1 Here here.

We need association or guild of reputable miner fabricators and developers. Here was my post for a guild.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282030.0

But last I heard membership was closed.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:39:00 PM

this should be set as a sticky..  or a buyers beware thread up top for all the bullshit scam companies

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:59:39 PM

this should be set as a sticky..  or a buyers beware thread up top for all the bullshit scam companies

I agree,we need to help the newcomers to BTC..........& old farts as well  Grin

Just an honest report of actual dealings from high standing individuals from this forum (or the like) & have it self moderated to quell any trolling.

Keep all updates in the original post (very first one),so folks don't have to read the whole thread to glean pertinent info.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
gmaxwell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 12:35:10 AM

this should be set as a sticky..  or a buyers beware thread up top for all the bullshit scam companies
I feel like I can't reasonably do that because I can't vet every complaint with high confidence. And I don't want to just sticky vendors who have screwed _me_, while vendors who have screwed other people don't get the sticky.

And even when a company has screwed up some— been a bit late, a bit underspec, shipped a few bad units, or blown off a reasonable customer complaint— shit happens in business, especially one as time crunched for mining hardware.  Sell enough products and some are sure to break, have enough crazy customers and one is sure to try to operate it under-water and demand a refund. Where exactly should I draw the line?

So I think the simpler thing for me to do is to express my own opinion and experience as clearly and earnestly as possible, without pomp and distractions and encourage other people to do the same.

One idea I had was for the community here to operate a secret-shopper program— like a group buy, but which endeavors to covertly purchase one of every device its contributors thinks is sufficiently non-scammy and then reviews the device and rolls the returns into running the program (or paying back the people who sponsored it, if possible)... but the problem is that the results of such a test would come far too late to actually help people in most cases. Maybe a year from now the market will have settled some and doing some more "consumer reports" work will actually work.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: