Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:15:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty stats by rank+possible security issue  (Read 431 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:24:09 PM

Not to mention the "great project" spam that appears in the altcoin announcements section...

I'd suggest removing signatures, avatars and personal text altogether wouldn't be a bad idea...
Yeah they are annoying. I don't think that's related to signature campaigns though. That's more related to the companies behind the projects wanting to get their threads bumped, and are willing to pay big money for it. Think of it as a less legit way to go about things than bounty campaigns.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hotforblockchain (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:42:33 PM

i think all this fall into the same concept/idea heard before: the community should be pointing out managers which are not able to to their job and deal with it without any divine intervention  Smiley Otherwise would have been nice to have to be confirmed as a bounty manager and then given the privileges to actually post a new thread under the relevant boards. Everything would probably be much cleaner and professional.

Can you elaborate, how would you think community should point out these members? With trust?

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:46:10 PM

Can you elaborate, how would you think community should point out these members? With trust?
I can't answer for Piggy, however bad management of campaigns is certainly a trust system related thing. Unfortunately for us there's just so many different users posting bounties everyday that tagging all of these would take a huge amount of time, and they'll just make a new account, and thread anyway.
hotforblockchain (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:48:35 PM

I can't answer for Piggy, however bad management of campaigns is certainly a trust system related thing. Unfortunately for us there's just so many different users posting bounties everyday that tagging all of these would take a huge amount of time, and they'll just make a new account, and thread anyway.

It seems reasonable.
i think it would be rational to concentrate to those managers who are running the biggest campaigns and several campaigns at once.

PS I am wondering if i did leave this negative trust to someone who do not protect user data, what stops them to retaliate to me with negative trust  Huh This is  scary.

Kakarot01

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 07:33:21 PM

I can expect for Facebook and twitter on a few crusades a rate around 60-75% of jr member like me and amateurs. The majority of them are abusers, however none considerations, director, CEO of ICO, the greater is the number progressively the spam it will be and increasingly the chief will earn.You can likewise ask to somebody to scrap those information it will be a simple thing, however I have no ability to do as such.
hotforblockchain (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:37:29 AM

I can expect for Facebook and twitter on a few crusades a rate around 60-75% of jr member like me and amateurs. The majority of them are abusers, however none considerations, director, CEO of ICO, the greater is the number progressively the spam it will be and increasingly the chief will earn.You can likewise ask to somebody to scrap those information it will be a simple thing, however I have no ability to do as such.

Most likely you are right about social campaigns being populated largely by Jr. and even lower, but its hard to imagine that there would be  a lot of abusers. I mean , the twitter and fb should pay like 5$ each and would it actually make sense to farm and scheme accounts for this purpose.

Anyhow, I think that even if i had the option to scrape, it would not make sense to scrape certain member ranks but rather match them against some database.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: