Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:21:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM SCAM SCAM] nmc-wallet.com  (Read 4190 times)
freebit13 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:05:42 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 05:57:12 PM by freebit13

This is just a message to warn everyone out there not to use nmc-wallet.com for namecoin wallets. I have had an account there for a couple of months and all was fine until I noticed that the balance didn't match the blockchain. I received emails previously when my mined coins were paid in so I thought it was all good, just a hiccup.

I've emailed them a few times about the discrepancy and had absolutely no reply so far.

I then tried to withdraw my coin to another address and the transaction has been processing since the 26th Feb.

It is looking more and more like a scam to me so I'd suggest everyone steer clear of them.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freebit13 (OP)

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:10:57 PM

OK, here's a little proof of what's going on:

Here is the list of transactions that shows I've received 1.19477 NMC,

but on the blockchain, that address has 5.87173799 NMC: http://bitinfocharts.com/namecoin/address/MwhUqkad9JSktHy7Pmv5ayNso43FsE8BNM

When I noticed a discrepancy I tried to contact them via the website twice, but got no reply, so I tried to pay them out into another address and that transaction has been "processing" for days now, but my balance shows 0 NMC.

I'm pretty sure the coins are gone and it's not much, but just want to warn anyone else out there thinking of using them, at least it should show up in the search from now on.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
freebit13 (OP)

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:42:17 AM

I'm going to bump this thread just once, to see if anyone else has any experience regarding this site, otherwise I'm just going to let it sink...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
doublejoint

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:19:05 AM

I also have an issue withdrawing, sending coins there works, but withdrawing is stuck in processing.....Highly likely to be a scam!
doublejoint

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:30:03 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 03:15:28 PM by doublejoint

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/214gsy/can_we_do_something_about_instantecom_scam_wallet/

looks like we can report to google and whois/registrar that this is a scam site.... i'll send the owner a message if no response in 24-48 hours i will let google/yahoo/microsoft know to remove this sucker as a phishing site!

freebit13 (OP)

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:03:48 AM

Nice one, good thinking, and thanks for the confirmation!

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
southafricadude

Activity: 141
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 04:35:19 PM

Great, I setup and transferred over 100 nmc there last night just to get some altcoins out of vircurex and nmc was all I could withdraw. Now I cant transfer it out of nmc-wallet.com, it just says "processing....". Sad this really really sucks, wish I had found this thread last night.

Website:Bitcoin South Africa - Twitter: @bitcoinzar - Facebook: @bitcoinzar
freebit13 (OP)

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:48:32 AM

Great, I setup and transferred over 100 nmc there last night just to get some altcoins out of vircurex and nmc was all I could withdraw. Now I cant transfer it out of nmc-wallet.com, it just says "processing....". Sad this really really sucks, wish I had found this thread last night.
Damn, sorry to hear that man, it was my intention to have something on here so that people could at least find it with the search. Hopefully more people notice it out here in the scam accusation threads because I seriously doubt we are not the only ones affected.

I've reported them to Google as a phishing/scam site, hopefully they do something about removing them from the searches.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
southafricadude

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 12:47:27 PM

sigh, yep, if I login to the account now it has a zero balance, the coins are transferred out, but my transfer requests are still pending.
FML just as I was going to have enough to buy a whole bitcoin Sad
I see the site is still in the search results....should I report it too? What is the URL for that?

doublejoint

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:46:51 PM

please report nmc-wallet.com as a phishing /scam site on google! Otherwise if not enough users complain the site will stay in the search results.  I have also reported to yahoo and bing... hope that helps, don't want to hear of another scam like this....

keep in mind this user also is controlling instant-e.com and ppc-wallet.com so beware of any online wallet sites! Do your homework first from now on!
freebit13 (OP)

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:02:40 AM

sigh, yep, if I login to the account now it has a zero balance, the coins are transferred out, but my transfer requests are still pending.
I see the site is still in the search results....should I report it too? What is the URL for that?
If you check the NMC blockchain, your coins are probably still in that wallet and haven't transferred out, it just shows a zero balance.

You can report phishing sites here: http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?rd=1

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:22:52 PM

Same host and platform as instant-e.com -- it's a scam.

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
doublejoint

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:04:10 AM

seems like domain is registered under whoisguard.com, also report to them that nmc-wallet.com/ppc-wallet.com and instant-e.com are scams so that they don't host the site

reported on this site whoisguard

http://www.whoisguard.com/report-spam.asp

reported nmc-wallet.com, ppc-wallet.com and instant-e.com as spam/phishing site.  Hope this helps other users too!
southafricadude

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 02:19:51 PM

If you check the NMC blockchain, your coins are probably still in that wallet and haven't transferred out, it just shows a zero balance.

You can report phishing sites here: http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_phish/?rd=1

No, the coins are transferred out of the wallet to another address.
I uploaded screen captures: http://imgur.com/a/Pj4cB

If you see under the send screen there, it lists my last 20 transactions, and it only shows the two attempts I made to withdraw the coins i deposited, both of which are still processing. No other transactions outgoing for the account.
If you see the balance and the other picture showing all transactions, you will see that my deposit of 111.476 nmc was withdrawn to another address.

This guy is a thief!!!!!

Thanks for the link, gonna report it now

Moedas :D igitais

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Want to mine coins? BTC, LTC, DOGE.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:34:43 PM

Definetly scamming scum bags.

Just saw this thread after my 5 NMC where going nowhere.
Of course its very tempting to have online wallets, so you don't clutter your pc, but this bastards are robbing coins from people.

I'm also reporting their site. Suggest anyone that comes to this thread to do the same, cause they are still online.

renee25

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:27:18 AM

just reported this to google,  the rating of my antivirus and abuse at enom.com

also please sent a mails to abuse at whois-guard stating violation of TOS:
If necessary to avoid any financial loss or legal liability (civil or criminal) on the part of WhoisGuard or its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, agents, officers, directors and employees;

If it comes to Backend Service Provider’s attention that you are alleged to be using the WHOIS Privacy Services administered by WhoisGuard for purposes of engaging in, participating in, sponsoring or hiding your involvement in illegal or morally objectionable activities, including but not limited to, activities which are designed, intended to or otherwise:

-Violate state or federal laws of the United States and/or foreign territories;
-Relate to or transmit viruses, trojan horses, access codes, backdoors, worms, timebombs or any other code, routine, mechanism, device or item that corrupts, damages, impairs, interferes with, intercepts or misappropriates any software, hardware, firmware, network, system, data or personally identifiable information.

Don't donate me: donate to nmc re-base development project.
grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 07:31:36 AM

dogevault.com also looks like the same. I think now its time to move my doges from there cause I had another LTC wallet there on instant-e.com and its closed up now.
freebit13 (OP)

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:36:23 AM

^^^ If you suspect it's a scam, put up another thread for it and get some feedback... it's better that it has it's own thread so it's more easily found.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
PPCnext

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:38:46 AM

Howdy!

why did i find this thread after I transferred PPCs to the ppc-wallet.com?

Did anyone know, if one got his coins back?

I installed my wallet on my PC and I can't receive PPCs.
After that I looked up in GOOGLE for online wallet PPC and the first match was ppc-wallet.com

So I created an accout and bought some (>100) Cry PPC and transferred it into the wallet.
One day later - I don't know why - the wallet on my PC is online  Huh

Now I transferred the PPCs from ppc-wallet.com to my local wallet and... nothing happens --> status 'processing'.

I thought maybe it takes mor time. Bit now I fount this thread...  Shocked ... damn.

Can anyone help me, plz?
freebit13 (OP)

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 11:22:52 AM

Sorry to hear that, I see the site has the same layout and formatting as localbitcoins... most likely a scam. They probably have a wallet site for every new alt-coin that comes out...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: